It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defund the cops means defund Crime Scene Investigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Article in the NYT 3 days ago:
Yes, we mean literally abolish the police

So my question from another thread is, does this also mean abolish CSI units?

The answer seems to be “yes.”

CSI workers are usually commissioned/credentialed police officers. So they’d go away, too.

But the fact is, you need uniformed cops at a crime scene to maintain the integrity of the evidence.

If you are a defense attorney, the quickest way to get your defendant off is to show that the prosecutor didn’t maintain “chain of evidence,” which means a sworn officer of the court guarded the evidence and delivers it to trial. With no cops, there’s no guarding the evidence. Which basically means no more material evidence in criminal cases.

Second, if no cops are guarding the crime scene, then journalists are free to trample all over the footprints, blood spatter and chemical evidence to “re-enact” the crime and even remove evidence. Neighborhood crowds can enter the scene for snapping selfies with the bodies. Arsonists and rapists and the mafia can threaten crime scene investigators.

The article I cited says the average cop only makes one felony arrest a year. So we don’t need cops. Literally abolish them.....

What’s up with that?!?

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This seems bit chicken before the eggy. Why would CSI matter when there aren't ant crime scenes because there are no police to even identify a scene ?

a reply to: Graysen

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

crime is relative. Like when a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it, it makes no sound. Likewise, if no police are around to stop a crime, then there essentially is no crime. Sure some folks may need to borrow some things from time to time, and disagreements will go back to being settled by a dual. see, it's all good.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

So the New York Times wouldn't have any protection from a repeat of the Charlie Hebdo attack? That happened even with a police force...
They also published a magazine.
Have the NYT not really thought this through?

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
no police essentially means mob rules.

its no wonder millions of guns are being sold.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Well, I didn’t even bring up the fact that municipal court proceedings will be voluntary.

No warrants, so no arrests.

What does that do for women’s rights? Sex for the strongest, I guess.

I lived where there were no police. Women wore veils, to lower the risk of kidnapping. Most people lived with their extended families, for protection. And the homes had no windows facing the street. And no one went out after dark.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
There is the civilised world with civilised people who want to live in peace and tend to their gardens and feel safe and then there are 'warlords' who play Rwanda, dragging everyone down with them to the gutter.

At the moment those that want to keep peace are not allowed to attack the nutters, because that would play into their hands. But I think if you poke even a sleeping bear long enough, it will eventually bite your face off.
And absolutely, rightly so.
Just not quite yet...but keep poking.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The same people who are advocating to defund the police are the same types to push banning guns. This idea should turn out great for them. I say let them, then they can kill off their own voters and move the country more conservative. Ban them in all cities please.

In all seriousness, has anyone watched any of the videos of these people? Every time one of these people that want to get rid of the police find themselves in trouble they start screaming call the police. Gotta be the biggest bunch of ignorant fools I’ve ever witnessed.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666
If you knock long enough on devils door, he will eventually open it.

It is just not what I want to see happening. And the media being on this... IDK who said it to me once but this:

If the media is close in and best friend with the government, that should worry everyone.

ADD: Yes that first sounds contradicting applied to the current situation being the opposite and is exact my point:

Media loves the left and seems to even dig away the water from the centered people.

edit on 15-6-2020 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

top topics

join