It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle is dying

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   
If you have ANY questions on what is happening to Seattle and cities like Seattle San Francisco watch the video Seattle is dying on YouTube by the ABC news station in Seattle.
To me the homelessness isn’t the most destructive part of this. It’s how the sanctuary cities governments are handling the issue, or should I say NOT handling the issue. One of the items is the Washington State justice system has already disbanded the police years ago with 100% releases of criminals over and over. The mayor said homelessness had nothing to do with the crime issue ( San Francisco and Seattle lead the nation in crime on property) yet 100% of the multiple crime criminals were homeless.
The people are mad and embarrassed and the city council laugh at their own citizens. One comment was Trump should run this video as a campaign video.
It’s pretty depressing and I’m sure the police were already done with this city.
edit on 15-6-2020 by Paul911GT3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   
you know it's odd but i have friends in seattle and they're saying all the drama in the msm is way overblown and if anything it's just like there's more tourists around than usual.

Strange how much ats seems to love lapping up the msm view when it aligns with their preconceptions hey

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Paul911GT3

I recall Seattle's mayor threatening KOMO with criminal charges over that documentary, claiming that publication of the facts within it constituted "hate speech." Seattle is a walking virtue signal. Sad, its naturally a beautiful place that has become hideously ugly by kowtowing to the dregs of society and politics.

+32 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
you know it's odd but i have friends in seattle and they're saying all the drama in the msm is way overblown and if anything it's just like there's more tourists around than usual.

Strange how much ats seems to love lapping up the msm view when it aligns with their preconceptions hey

I also have friends and family in Seattle... they tell me the media is sugar coating what a nightmarish #hole it has become and how the city leadership is kissing the asses of a minority of protesters and people who produce NOTHING of value all at the expense of the shrinking population of responsible and productive Seattlites.

One of us is hearing the truth, the other is being told BS... looking at video of Seattle, statistics on how Seattle's economy is in the toilet, how bad their real estate situation is, ridiculous taxation, protests almost monthly over something, a silly long history of perverts and criminals in the mayor's office... who do you think common sense observers are gonna believe?
edit on 15-6-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Who cares? Unless you're bothered by "leftists" having their way because you consider them your mortal enemy or something. Kinda like watching the kids at school you dont like eat cake or something. Screw it, let them screw it up.

It's on the Northwest edge of the country, almost Canada. Hell, California and Washington State are so much different from the rest of the U.S. and so far away from it that their main link is economical, that's it.

Maybe in our lifetimes they'll branch off into some sort of autonomous thing. What I can say, living on the eastcoast is.. to put it simply.. I don't care. You shouldn't either unless you live there.
edit on 15-6-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   
one of my friends used to live by venice beach.
he moved, because the homeless got out of hand.
he had 2 kids, and even tho he himself is a tough guy, he did not want the kids to be in any danger.

guiliani got rid of the homeless in nyc. he just made it illegal to beg, and they got most of all the beggars by just enforcing the law. it was an epic time in nyc, considering i was there before, and now after.

now the beggars are back.

when you walk out of a bar, they beg.
one time, i saw some pos, ripping apart garbage bags, dumping all the garbage, to collect cans, and then throwing plastic everywhere. when i told him to stop, he ignored me, until i called him a pos, then he gave me his 'angry look' to which i said what? lmfao. im a big guy.

but then he just crossed the street to rip apart another bag. all that plastic ends up in the ocean. i tried to find a cop, but there were none hanging out around that street.

when i did find a cop, the idiot had already absconded.

the beggars come up to me with insane stories about how so and so caused them to go homeless. so then i suggest to them, well you could go on welfare, get a gig at target, then start rebuilding. then they say well i need this to do so, and then when i keep trying to get to the bottom of why they are homeless, they usually get angry with me and storm away.

the problem is homeless people are not just homeless. if you or i were homeless, we would crash at a friends for a few weeks till we got a job even as a busboy, to rebuild.

on coast to coast radio, they said, 'why dont we just build apartment buildings for the homeless?'

again, the problem is most of these people have serious issues. even if you gave them apartments each, they would soon start vandalizing but worse yet, harming and stealing from each other. you then need to hire security, and then the security is a nightmare issue.

whatever guliani did to get rid of the idiots, they should implement that everywhere.

you just tell the cops, tell the homeless to leave. if you started arresting them, within a few weeks the homeless would 'go home' lmfao.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

I don't watch much MSM. It pops up all the time of course but considering my intake of media, it's insignificant.

I hear these things about seattle from all over the political spectrum. How many friends do you have in Seattle? There are a ton of variables to consider on what your friends have said. Are people supposed to be swayed by the hearsay of a person who knows some people? And thats not meant to be rude. I am genuinely curious. I would think and also hope people would need a little bit more then the OP.
edit on 15-6-2020 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

Many homeless suffer from mental illness. It's how they ended up homeless.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

I'm gonna agree with this.
Our economy is fine. I have friends who started with nothing and have made it out good havr a nice home and kids, not because of race or upbringing status but because of determination.
Some people are just literally out of their mind, or on drugs or both, and refuse to get help, or can't, or don't know where or how.
Mental illness is a big player in homelessness.
Our government likes to overlook this, because free Healthcare is not in the best interest of big pharma, who happens to be their best friend.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Dude you need to stop watching and believing everything you see on youboob. It is never as bad as the msm will have you think.
The zone is in fact real. They will leave the zone as soon as the police have the man power to properly police it. It’s as simple as that man.

They are doing what is granted to them via the constitution. And are not taking any further. You should be grateful true patriotism prevailed.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   
For those who haven't seen it.
"Seattle is Dying"

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

They are doing what is granted to them via the constitution.

The Constitution of which country allows the takeover of a city ?

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   

edit on 6/15/20 by Gothmog because: did an edit on my previous post , and a new one opened.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Well for one they didn’t take over a city. And the district they are properly protecting is granted since they believe the government has lost the ability to do so grants them the right to do so.

Though it is a fine line they are using. And I assume most are property owners then they some ground to stand on.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Good luck. You'll get plenty of backed up with evidence and truth and then the agenda driven liars will jack your thread with bullsh!t and lies because well, they think its somehow funny to destroy civil discourse and good people. Make no mistake, it'll be your fault that you want to live your life in relative safety for you and your family and not have children scared to death because of the actions of some big time virtue signaling brats who only want to get their way and F your life. Good luck and I hope you and yours stay safe.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I live in Seattle, and have since 79. Let me explain. The Liberal politicians have created this homeless situation on purpose, with a greater agenda in mind. Has been going on the last 8 years or so extremely bad. Liberal problems far longer. Seattle resides in King County Wa, which is rural and mostly right leaning, but the population base of the city itself far outnumbers the rest of the state. A govoner once said "All the votes I need to get elected I can see from the top of the space needle" I believe that was Gov Rosellini back in the day. Screw the rest of the state.
They almost made it illegal to arrest someone for drug possession/ using and have been pushing for safe zones for the homeless and druggies to shoot up. ALL BY DESIGN
IS it the CIA pushing the heroin? They took the pills away from the Mafia and gangs because it was direct competition to the CIA's Heroin. They want the population to be hooked on drugs, and then completely rely on the State for $$ for Welfare. They do NOT want the population to be self reliant. They have tried unsuccessfully to place overburdening taxes onto business to help pay the homeless costs to cloth feed and shelter. BUT there has been millions spent with zero accountability. AH HA moment as to the by design mentioned above.
I have even thought of starting a charity simply because that is one of the few ways to make $$.
The Protests were real, and the riots were real. Damage downtown was very sad.
This latest bull# up on Capitol Hill in Seattle, is just that. It's a VERY small area where they put up barriers. Mostly hippies, homeless and wannabes lots of looky loo's during the day. The protesters are simply putting up photo ops, with the Media eating it up. Washington State's Govenor and Trump hate each other about as bad as Obama and Arizona's old Gov, what's her name? Shaking her finger at Oblama on the Tarmac?
Seattle's TV News is a joke. Spoon fed crap from the elected officials. They couldn't report a real story if they Tried. One true news source is Dori Monson, Kiro Radio news talk. He's got a real pulse on the situation. I live in zip code 98118 which is one of the most racially diverse zip codes in the Nation. Not a great neighborhood but it does it's job. For years the Gov't has been about splitting up families, and doing away with the family structure.
Protests... stay on track....These lates are simply photo ops for attention, to divert us away from something else.... I'm riding out the storm, waiting to see how this play's. Diversion after Diversion. There wouldn't have been so many people if they had been at work, but with Covid19 or the China Syndrome, everyone wouldn't have been so board and needed to get out and stretch their legs.
This is by design people. Across Lake Washington in Bellevue, I witnessed and took pictures of 8 big white busses parked behind Walmart where they were bussing in the protestors. Paid I am sure by the famed SOROS but I have no proof of who paid them. I only witnessed the bussing. I went back each day and watched after I first spotted them and their location. This was only one of the many bus locations. Cheers, but be advised of the bull# media attention being directed to this latest take over. The Dems are baiting Trump I believe. Cheers!

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   
this is the power of information, true or false.

each believe their own.

maga.

Rome is just ahead.

our enemies are carving up a different kind of warfare. it's the only way, and that easy too.

so, is Seattle Dying or Not? looks like it depends

is YouTube part of the man you're all not supposed to be watching or 'never watch'...

using YouTube to refute YouTube hardly seems productive.

I guess fake news is really a matter of convenience. because an ats member actually went and reported from the autonomous zone and it sounded nothing like on the man..which you all hate
edit on 15-6-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: Gothmog

Well for one they didn’t take over a city. And the district they are properly protecting is granted since they believe the government has lost the ability to do so grants them the right to do so.

Though it is a fine line they are using. And I assume most are property owners then they some ground to stand on.

That cannot be ceded.
And , you did not answer the original question :
In which country does their Constitution allow a takeover of a city (or any part thereof) ?
No more deflection.
Straight up answer.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Paul911GT3
If you have ANY questions on what is happening to Seattle and cities like Seattle San Francisco watch the video Seattle is dying on YouTube by the ABC news station in Seattle.
To me the homelessness isn’t the most destructive part of this. It’s how the sanctuary cities governments are handling the issue, or should I say NOT handling the issue. One of the items is the Washington State justice system has already disbanded the police years ago with 100% releases of criminals over and over. The mayor said homelessness had nothing to do with the crime issue ( San Francisco and Seattle lead the nation in crime on property) yet 100% of the multiple crime criminals were homeless.
The people are mad and embarrassed and the city council laugh at their own citizens. One comment was Trump should run this video as a campaign video.
It’s pretty depressing and I’m sure the police were already done with this city.

This is part of MIM's "Street Talk".

I mentioned back in February that if you live in a major city, get the hell out of it while you can.

Here in this country, we now have mass migration out of the 4 major cities. No real jobs now.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

back in the 80's Reagan shut down the mental health hospitals, and referred people to home care instead. As a result. people that didn't have a home, or anybody basically fell through the cracks. You are right in that most the homeless are mentally ill in some way. The none violent stay homeless, the violent wind up in prisons vs the hospitals. If you want to fix the homeless issue, you have to fix the medical issue. To fix the medical issue, (socialized medicine), you have to fix the illegal immigrant issue, (20 million illegals), the trade imbalance issue (to the tune of 2.5 Trillion), and the offshore, and contract issue. (millions of jobs with low wage, temp position with no benefits.) Further you need to fix the massive deficit incurred being the world police. Our economy is pretty unstable right not due to covid and the protests. I am a firm believer if you give people something to live for, they don't have time to be idiots. If you bring good paying jobs to the USA, that will fix the issue. Then you just need to get the idiots on the left AND right out of the way.

Camain

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join