It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Worst is yet to come What's Next?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: tanstaafl
How dare you!
Two people I know I actually went to school with, THEY ARE DEAD.

I didn't say you didn't have friends who have died. I challenged the assertion they died of COVID-19.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The Digital Veil doesnt just disappear because there isnt a digital screen in front of our face. It takes, at the absolute very least, a week or two to even begin to weaken. We are all susceptible to it and are all under its spell.

Everything you listed there is what has been hammered into the population by the media. If there wasnt some personal kernel of truth, their manipulation wouldnt work. Those are literally the main media talking points, in some form, that we are subjected to every day, all day on the news, facebook, and twitter.

One of the traits of the Digital Veil is a predilection for doom, particularly being able to say "I told you so," but without direct awareness of the behavioral loop. The issue with that is we tend to end up working towards the former unwittingly so we can fulfill the latter. When that happens in large enough numbers.. Its a real problem.

Either way.. Self-reliance and self-sufficiency are absolutely a great thing. Its also never been more feasible at the micro scale than it is today!

What are the steps you are taking to achieve self-sufficiency?

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

supposed solar flare some time in 2020 will cause widespread blackouts of internet and electrical grids.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Outside of the news the real world is great. I would suggest you disconnect from the television and internet and take a walk in the sunlight. The only time I see bad things is on TV. My family, neighbors and community are going strong.

This is true.

Last week I took a much needed vacation from work, as well as from this forum and even the music-related forums I regularly post on. For a week straight I lounged around my house, got a little yard work done and wrote music in my studio. I think I came on here once, read one thread, posted in it and didn’t come back for the rest of my vacation. No news. No social media. If I was on YouTube, it was for something related to my music studio or music in general.

It was amazing. So amazing in fact, though I’m back to work now, I think I’m going to keep my hiatus from anything political going for a while.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Around a week with about 99% avoidance seems to be about when most experience some pretty profound shifts. At least.. those that have believed it makes any difference at all.

I think the biggest ones are avoiding the news (both sites and on TV), facebook, and twitter.

Even doing something like visiting ATS once a day for a few minutes of updates isnt too bad. But total detox for the first week is a good way to go.

I call it the Digital Veil Detox
It makes a much, much bigger difference than most can fathom before trying it.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I disagree. This is the deep state emptying the clip. If this doesn’t work they will return to the Kennedy solution model. We need to stand tall and get this 2nd term.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

What are the steps you are taking to achieve self-sufficiency?

Learn more about foraging & herbal medicine
survival without electricity
getting water, old ways of digging for water and pumping, water purification
I'm seeing so many houses, even rural houses getting hooked up to public water.

Pretty much any skills that you have will help you, and many will also be valuable in times of crisis.
The people that survived well during the depression knew how to can, sew, butcher, make things, barter things.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Good job

Some things Ive learned along the way, both in a previous life of obsessive backpacking & survivalism and the current life with health issues:

Dont necessarily try to remember *everything*, just have an easy to use resource (book, ebook, notes, etc) that you keep in a safe place. I prefer the notebook & ebook route at this point. Pictures too!

Rainwater collection is the easiest foundation to work from, and if you design the system right, gravity can provide an impressive amount of pressure. It does require a static location though. Pretty easy to heat it too.

Get familiar with siphons, and get clever with siphons.

Make sure that your foraging & hunting area is diverse and plentiful enough to do what you need, before you need it. Also consider if its remote enough to ensure no one else will be using it. Its pretty easy to cultivate an area similarly to a garden.

Personally, Im good with keeping things like electricity. I think that in this day and age, we have a lot more resources and technology available to us to make our lives significantly easier during such possible times. Vast majority of it can be shielded too.

Have you tried detoxing from digital tech and news/media for a week or two? It makes a massive difference anyway, but its also designed to literally be addictive. People joke about "withdrawals," but its actually there.. We get used to the dopamine and chemical releases every time someone interacts online or we see a story that gets our "blood flowing." Most I know who have tried detoxing never go back, even the "mild" users. But even so, it can be good to know what its like on its own without a barrage of other stress sources.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Yeah I have always thought if we end up getting rid of ourselves from the planet it will be through some kind of well meaning but ill thought out idea with unforseen consequences

I agree with you about Lyme disease too.
Nazi’s. Look into it.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

It is going to get a whole lot worse this is just the early months of 1939 again , The art of war is in play for those able to read it and see the long game at play .

If the Russians join the games its game over , even for them and they know it Australia and NZ have tiny populations but are great for raw materials to supply a short war ,Europe can be over-run in 48 hrs and old whitey is not that big of a number at the end of the day when you play numbers games like some do .

When your enemy is weak attack , attack from the North and the south ,strange days ahead Jag strange days

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Say bye bye to all those 401K gains, etc. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

WOW, That was FAST!

Trump administration move could add 'significant risks' to retirement accounts

www.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well.... here's a Omen of misfortune ---> on 21 June (summer solstice) there will be an Eclipse lasting 6 hours, where the Moon blocks-out-the-Sun..... Straight over Jerusalem & 'Greater Israel'....

the link is here: www.dailystar.co.uk...
'Ring of fire' eclipse could be sign of apocalypse sending 'darkness over the Holy Land'

even when Jesus got hung-on-cross, the Eclipse that day was over in 3 hours (of darkness) as reported in B ible

the India-v-China attacks are building up to a point of declared War, the Covid 2nd wave in USA, the nation-wide dissing of city Police,the Locust Swarms...now a Ring-of-fire 'darkness' to black-out the middle east region...

what's next ? Pence taking the Oval Office ? War in Iraq again with Turk invasion ? NK going rabid...China too ?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Bluntly.. We are at war. New face of warfare and all that.

Figure out what the sides are (they arent obvious), what avenues they are likely to take, and how to fight back (that isnt obvious either).

I suspect in 10-20 years all of these things will be as common knowledge as WWII tactics. Might be too late then though.. and anyone attempting to talk about them will probably be reported by "community led public safety systems."

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

As a former Democrat voter and someone who still considers them-self a liberal, I would not be opposed to seeing violent, Control-Left, America hating extremists removed from the US by any means necessary.

edit on 18-6-2020 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Humanity is failing on many aspects. And I expect them to fail with producing a proper poopshow as well

edit on 18-6-2020 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

Mainly, I see three carefully cultivated behavioral responses:

1) Digital Voyeurism
2) "I gots mine!" (Traditonal prepping, bugging out, etc.)
3) Violent action

As long as the majority of folks stick to those, or some mix, we have already lost.

Plenty of avenues beyond those, that will likely meet with great success.. But people need to start ASAP.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

supposed solar flare some time in 2020 will cause widespread blackouts of internet and electrical grids.

Dammit. I saw your avatar and spent 20 minutes looking for Conan the Conqueror and Conan the King because they were never released and I wanted to find out why, and your avy looked like the end of Conan the Destroyer. Then I got involved in some heated Twitter back and forth, then I clicked back over here to realize I never posted what I wanted to, which is, a solar flare would probably be the best thing that could happen as long as it affected the whole world and not just America.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Say bye bye to all those 401K gains, etc. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

WOW, That was FAST!

Trump administration move could add 'significant risks' to retirement accounts

www.yahoo.com...

Never trust Yahoo. They're always full of doo doo.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Food Shortages first.
Second a Solar flare.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

lol.... nice one.... i have been waiting on conan the king ever since that end clip on the destroyer.... but doesnt look like its gonna happen.... Hollywood is dead bro! so no surprise there!

as for a solar flare... it pretty scary but i think the US will have some kinda issue with communication nationwide in the next year or so... dont ask me why, to many inputs but this is my understanding.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join