It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I went up to Seattle on Friday, this is what I saw.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder
I totally agree. I am just posting my direct observations as it is now.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lr103

Great thread...TY!!

More people should be posting their photos and videos of life in America. The heroes, the outlaws, the good, the bad and the ugly. And post everything on every social media site available.

edit on 14-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

THANK YOU. It becomes very obvious walking around the whole area that it is, at least at the moment no more than an extended street fair.

If it is going to get scapegoated as some reason to bolster the idea of implementing martial law, well, I suppose there may be players on both sides of that disaster.

My main takeaway from what I witnessed was this :

It is a difficult Damned question.

from what I observed, normal people are very peaceful, get along well, and can self regulate as a society. just spitballin here,
BUT some bad actors are always in play,
SO it is good to have a protective group to keep watch and help those in need. (like the police)
BUT that policing force must also be mitigated in a way to not cause additional harm, best as possible.
BUT sometime extreme force is called for to resolve a situation
SO perhaps this is a very unique moment in human history to re-create, or update out way of governing ourselves thinking of how fast technology has advanced and how social media has sped communication of ideas up so very fast, both crime AND policing have changed and perhaps there is a whole new , more enlightened way to deal with it, how will we find out if we don't try? I don't know, and I probably look crazy talking about it but this could possibly end up being a positive moment If humans do it right.

I'm a dreamer, I know.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Thank you!! Lifts my heart!

(post by BoscoMoney removed for a manners violation)
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I find it odd that you didnt take one single pic of the grafitti everywhere saying kill cops, # the police, and all the garbage or vandalism that was there this morning. The place looked and smelled like a depressing dump this morning, most locals were out early cleaning up the crap the protesters made the night before. If you dont know anyone actually living inside the zone at night then I dont think you know what its like to live or work here, honestly.

I have friends close by too, some are not anarchists and are truly in fear, this is not the summer of love

The hotdog stand isn't a suffering local business i think, maybe you would be better off with the local tacos or pizza place?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I like it

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lr103
both crime AND policing have changed and perhaps there is a whole new , more enlightened way to deal with it, how will we find out if we don't try? I don't know, and I probably look crazy talking about it but this could possibly end up being a positive moment If humans do it right.

I'm a dreamer, I know.

This is not some new Vegan dish or college class you are trying out. You are playing with people's lives here. Hey if that woman who is being beaten by her boyfriend calls 911 and dies because the social worker didn't have enough strength to grab the hammer, you are just going to chalk this up to a good try?

I've found myself pretty emotional about what is going on because I am a person who really dislikes the police and realizes major changes have to be made. There is a culture of corruption in too many (most) departments. But like food and shelter, you can't live without some type of police. But this whole replacing police with social workers is going to get many, many innocent people killed and will probably end up creating such a backlash (probably beiore it's even implemented) no one will ever dare to question police authority again.

This isn't about creating a better world, you are being used so one, rich, old, white, man can beat another rich, old white man in November.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro
Yes, there was some foul graphitti, for sure, I was concerned that posting those pics would possibly violate the TOS ya know, really foul language, but to be fair, yes , there was plenty of FTP and derogative graphitti around, a lot spraypainted on the street, but honestly much less than I expected. Based on what the news was showing it was much less than what the news showed. Please note I am not on either side of this, I just went up too see it, and take some pictures for history sake.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

Right on. I read what you said. I hope things are o.k. nowdays with you. I'm not playing with people. Pls. read my opening post,

Policing? It's a tough Damned question and what do we do next? Actually nearly brings me to tears. I don't know. nobody does.

edit on 6/14/2020 by Lr103 because: forgot the comment on my deficient brain

edit on 6/14/2020 by Lr103 because: just slow brain function

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lr103
[snipped]My disclaimer: I am not on either side of this issue, this is not a politically motivated thread, however I slightly disagree with what these protesters have done, it's not cool to just shut down a street. That being said the following is a description and some pics of what I saw.

Wear a MAGA hat or carry in an American flag and see how things turn out for ya.
edit on Sun Jun 14 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Lr103

Yeah I was worried too about T&C but its not an issue when we just need to get to the truth and mods would simply edit.

You are not a local it seems, this is a neighborhood Ive known for over 40+ years, I went to college at SCCC right at the west entrance, I'm a local fighting for my rights and the rights of business owners I know. This takeover does not remain peaceful at night, the amount of addicts and bad judgement seem to prevent this.

I seriously do not want to do night recon to show how bad parts of this situation are actually getting, but some folks do not seem to get what is actually going on here, the media is hyping violence and corrupt police, this is like someone mentioned before: lord of the flies. The police here in this neighborhood are not the problem, the occupiers are.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Programming is complete.

We live in completely different worlds.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I heard you get a free rape with every hot dog and taco.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Gotcha, Hey I only lived on Capitol Hill for 3 months one time, lol, you got me beat by a lot!

I just headed up to check it out for what it was at the moment I was there, I hope things clear up soon and I did not mean to offend in any way. I personally think no body should take over a public street.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Ok. It is serious. I get it. I am hoping for the best, hang in there, I am sincerely hoping it works out ok.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker
There is a live feed for anyone to look at at any time if they are curious. Looks like a typical street fair in any major city:

www.youtube.com...

Checked out the live feed at midnight here, it is three hours off, it is sunday, it sure seems weird that there would be that many people walking around, they are not talking to others, just all walking with an ocassional person texting, like the woman with the stroller. That must be a walkathon or something.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Live street cams:
www.twitch.tv/seattleprotest2020
www.twitch.tv...

What the storefronts really look like...

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Great, I'm ignorant because you said so. And you are as well because I said so.

Is that cool or is it just this guy who gets to say it? Curious.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join