It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I went up to Seattle on Friday, this is what I saw.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
My disclaimer: I am not on either side of this issue, this is not a politically motivated thread, however I slightly disagree with what these protesters have done, it's not cool to just shut down a street. That being said the following is a description and some pics of what I saw.

So I went up to Seattle on Friday June 12 to see for myself what the whole autonomous zone thing was about. I had been hearing from friends who live on Capitol Hill (on East John St a couple blocks away) saying there was really not much going on, no guns, no guards hassling people. Said it was pretty ho-hum.

Yet the MSN was showing pictures of armed guards, and rumors that local businesses were being extorted, and terrified locals, Antifa, White supremacists, mass chaos, terrorists, destruction, etc.

I understand this was during daylight and there are probably troublemakers at night but I must say it was totally mellow and peaceful. I saw no guns at all, I walked in and out and in again through different barricades and nobody harassed me at all, in fact most of the barricades were not manned at all, save one who was a security guard for the apartment /business complex, to make sure the garage door remained shut...

I saw businesses open, an outdoor taco bar , a vendor selling hot dogs, groovy lounge music was playing from somewhere, kids and dogs, 2 well stocked co-ops with tons of food, a memorial wall for victims of violence, hundreds of very respectful people walking around, a few people speaking out to small crowds, again not too loud.

I also noticed really how small of an area it is. The MSN is saying a 6 - 9 square block area.... In reality it is about a 3 block stretch of one street, and the other half is an open park. Yes an open park. Again the MSN fails to point that out at all from what I have seen. It takes about 4 minutes to walk around the whole thing slowly......It's tiny. a couple street corners really.

I saw a local news reporter (Debora Horn) and her camera guy, they were just walking around unmolested.

I saw cars pulling in and out of an apartment complex, drove right by the Barricade....

Quite frankly the whole thing was more like a street fair, music, the smell of food cooking...

It was really calm. would almost be a shame to blow it up. To me at least this is a cement case against the fear mongering MSN.

I took a bunch of pics with my crappy phone and it was raining so I apologise for the low quality but this is what I saw over a few hours, (about 3-5 PM)

here is also a link to a local news article that fairly describes what I witnessed: The CHAZ

edit on 6/14/2020 by Lr103 because: wrong pic

edit on 6/14/2020 by Lr103 because: forgot link

edit on 6/14/2020 by Lr103 because: forgot a word

edit on 6/14/2020 by Lr103 because: cheers

edit on 6/14/2020 by Lr103 because: k

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
There is a live feed for anyone to look at at any time if they are curious. Looks like a typical street fair in any major city:

www.youtube.com...

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Ought to smell like San Francisco anytime now. Crap and body fluids everywhere.

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Lr103

That looks terrifying, like a street festival, people walking dogs, playing soccer, eating food, staying dry, wearing masks, taking pics, meandering about.

Truly horrifying.

ETA:

Thanks for the first hand photos.

edit on 14-6-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Thank god the Hell's Angels are on their way to make sure this peaceful experiment turns into another Altamont.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Dear God!

I'm glad you made it out alive!

Thank you for the target coordinates!

Hellfire missiles are locked and loaded!

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Exactly what I am a bit worried about. This will be way too boring for Hell's Angels.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Nazi Germany was much the same as well.

Cool pics tho brochacho.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

They'll set up some tattoo tents!

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The food vendors should organize a "Taste of Chazoon" 🤣🥕

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
They'll set up some tattoo tents! 

edit on 1462020 by Wide-Eyes because: Because it matters.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Cool pics tho brochacho.

One slight difference though...

In Germany it was the actual Fascist in control, not the anti fascist.

Remember how that worked out? 6 million dead Jews ring a bell?
edit on 14-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

That looks terrifying, like a street festival, people walking dogs, playing soccer, eating food, staying dry, wearing masks, taking pics, meandering about.Truly horrifying.

CHAZ (autonomous zone) is now renamed CHOP (occupied/organized protest). What summer of love street fair has specific demands of its now conquered occupied land owners/prior governorship in order for its *vendors* to go home? Who plants a dixie cup garden on concrete, who builds a wall in an 'autonomous' zone?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Cool pics tho brochacho.

Those pesky details could derail a vibrant movement created by children for other children.
edit on 14-6-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
Ought to smell like San Francisco anytime now. Crap and body fluids everywhere.

The rain helps wash it away into sewers and directly into Puget Sound. Seattle is a terrible place for a revolution, and Capitol Hill, in particular, is butt ugly. Nobody goes up there if they don't have to. I once lived in a 100 year old apartment building literally chained to the hill (i.e.: Capitol Hill) above the freeway. It's a sad, sad place. When they show you pictures of beautiful Seattle, they are not showing you pictures of Capitol Hill.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

who builds a wall in an 'autonomous' zone?

Those who want to make autonomous zones great again?

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Thank god the Hell's Angels are on their way to make sure this peaceful experiment turns into another Altamont.

A peaceful experiment is taking over multiple city blocks and destroying business owners property and a police station?

WTF dude!

We may NEVER see the the end of this Sh!t — if people have your attitude....

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Whats your favorite Koolaid flavor?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

A peaceful experiment is taking over multiple city blocks and destroying business owners property and a police station?

A peaceful experiment. Oh the horror, people actually, you know, enjoying themselves.

Send in the police! Forcefully Suppress the Peace!

I guess this is what happens when you give peace a chance, or there is a peaceful experiment, damned new-age hippies.

Let's return to the violent old way, police brutality, shall we?

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: vethumanbeing

veteranhumanbeing: who builds a wall in an 'autonomous' zone?

Liquesence: Those who want to make autonomous zones great again?

CHOP cannot govern themselves (autonomy is the very definition). They had to ask for foreign aid (already) in the form of 'portapotties' in order to deal with their own human waste accumulation. They are stealing electrical and water services from their captives. They are not autonomous; they are parasitic occupiers.
edit on 14-6-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join