It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor, I know, I know... But still...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

John Titor, I know, I know...

No, I DON'T bloody KNOW. I'm with the geezer earlier who couldn't understand how an OP with NO introduction, NO links, and NO comparable information upon which to even form an opinion, can gain 40+ flags.

It's like walking into a creepy, exclusive private club where the rules of engagement are hidden from view. Saying "Google it" is the antithesis of how a thread should progress (in my most humblest of worthless opinions).

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gyo01

Let this quote from John Titor sink in for a bit.

John Titor: From the age of 8 to 12, we lived away from the cities and spent most of our time in a farm community with other families avoiding conflict with the federal police and national guard. By that time, it was pretty clear that we were not going back to what we had and the division between the “cities” and the “country” was well defined.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: PBL666
If I were a time traveler and came back, I would make my online posts vague.

If I were a backwards time traveler capable of returning to my previous time, I wouldn't post anything because every interaction I had here could potentially destroy my original future.

Hell, just being in the past would likely throw everything so far out of order I would have no "future" to return to. Then any predictions I made would naturally be wrong and I'd just look like a complete fool anyway. So I'd probably just shut up and attempt to make a normal life here so I wouldn't have to live like a hermit.

Time travelers must be very lonely.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Then any predictions I made would naturally be wrong and I'd just look like a complete fool anyway.

John Titor never made any predictions for us, he only talked about events on his worldline.

Checkout the quotes below.

Timetravel_0: For starters....the fact that I'm here makes it different. I've also noticed little things like news events that happen at different times,

Titor : "I have no idea what happens to you in your future" but noted there is a resemblance of world lines.

John Titor: The conflict was not about taking and holding ground it was about order and rights.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

Yup.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
why not search ATS, this is where the legend was really born. He had a few posts on other sites but the majority of the story took place right here, i witnessed it all go down.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: kobalt7
I was a hardcore lurker here everyday then so I followed the thread the whole time. He claimed ignorance when he was cornered by actual theoretical physicists questions after they shot down the science he claimed, back then ATS actually had those, he continued to avoid giving anything of substance and faded away when the thread lost steam after he couldn't really refute the facts they presented or answer specific questions but the idea was fascinating and so it never completely went away. Later on when he tried to capitalize on it people caught on.

It was a different time, back then this place wasn't a political battleground and you had a diverse set of conspiracies to enjoy, personal politics were usually left out of conversations. This took place as ATS started to become popular and we started to get lots of kids when summer let out so it was immediately suspect. But up until that point there had only been a few new conspiracies that had intelligent people behind them so it stood out among the usual posts. This was right after the dark night threads gained steam if I remember correctly. Early ATS was awesome.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I used to hate that it picked up so many believers after he got his butt kicked so hard, but then i got to watch "Steins Gate" and accepted its contribution to the creative gene pool

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: PBL666
If I were a time traveler and came back, I would make my online posts vague.

If I were a backwards time traveler capable of returning to my previous time, I wouldn't post anything because every interaction I had here could potentially destroy my original future.

Hell, just being in the past would likely throw everything so far out of order I would have no "future" to return to. Then any predictions I made would naturally be wrong and I'd just look like a complete fool anyway. So I'd probably just shut up and attempt to make a normal life here so I wouldn't have to live like a hermit.

Time travelers must be very lonely.

In Titor's explanation of timelines, you would never be able to come back to the exact timeline you were originally in.
The arrow of time is analog. It has infinite granularity. You would be unable to exactly pinpoint any position in that stream, as the more you can magnify it, the number of future divisions would always be more than you were able to reach.

The idea, is that as close as you can get, that particular version of the universe you could select, is at most similar to the one you left, but it can never be exactly the same. You really paradox nothing, because you can never tune in to the exact same timeline.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gyo01
Welp, here comes the civil war John Titor warned us about. No Olympics and everything. Mad Cow Disease is SARS instead. Boy, is this divergence quite a ways off but still quite close. I hope this isn't true but dangit... it is starting to seem legit. Remember when he wrote that when you call 911 no cops will come? Wtf...

That's fantastic and absolutely brilliant but it's in the ufo forum because...???

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Hindsight is 20/20. Do you have Google in 2020. Lol

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I a reply to: IMSAM
I dunno man. Couldn't think of a better spot.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Welp, here comes the civil war John Titor warned us about. No Olympics and everything. Mad Cow Disease is SARS instead. Boy, is this divergence quite a ways off but still quite close. I hope this isn't true but dangit... it is starting to seem legit. Remember when he wrote that when you call 911 no cops will come? Wtf...

Also, according to Titor apparently the Russians save the world.

What if?

Putin says Russia has approved 'world first' Covid-19 vaccine.
edition.cnn.com... avirus-vaccine-putin-intl/index.html

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing him back up!

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Fun story the entire Titor thing, a hoax though. Or...well hoax or hoax. He probably just posted it initially as a joke having some fun and then he just went along from that when people started reading and posting. Think some private investigator once found the probable op to the Titor posts.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
To have a civil war...

you need at least 2 sides willing to die.

I dont see that.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I dunno. Lysergic, my friend, it just keeps on seeming to become more true everyday since I first read it in 2005. It is a bit off balance but he said as such is likely. It is too much on par for me to handle and has slightly made me upset for it's accuracies.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: IMSAM

That's fantastic and absolutely brilliant but it's in the ufo forum because...???

I could not think of a better spot. I tried... LOL. I guess my best reason is that it "flew." Surprised the MODs kept it here. Pretty cool. Plus, technically he'd be an "alien" of sorts.
edit on 8/20/2020 by Gyo01 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Of course we can manipulate the weather

It’s a question of how accurately we can do it

I have no doubt the recent weather in China was an attempt to collapse the three gorges dam, using methods similar to operation Popeye

China’s weather has been record breaking since the CCP virus

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   

a reply to: Lysergic

it just keeps on seeming to become more true everyday

Yes, think about Russia recently... the rural areas in the United States becoming more conservative, and major cities more liberal.

John Titor: Russia launches a nuclear strike against the major cities in the United States (which is the "other side" of the civil war from my perspective),

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join