It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what are US cities going to replace " the police " with ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Well if its crime or the organized nature you can be sure the politicians and alphabet agencies will be at the top of the new ladder.
Well they might just lose their hold if Militia becomes the power, by locals, or you may be right

I'm just a riding this wave....

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I wouldnt be surprised if it ended up being some kind of social service.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Once the thieves start getting shot instead of slapped on the wrist, most of what the police do won't need doing anymore, IMO.

Personally looking forward to not looking over my shoulder when minding my owm business- thugs with badges never did sit right with me.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Well, any rule by a militia is going to have its drawbacks where a civil population is concerned.

I don't see that working out in the long run or you will end up with places that resemble Mexico.

Aye, it's some wave, definitely popcorn time. LoL

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Eventually, total surveillance 24/7. In your home, on the street, at work and even on the toilet.
No more cash to prevent theft. Electronic ID and Chinese style social score. Algorithms will decide what you can or can't do or where you can go. No negotiations.
Robot patrols, neighbours snitching for bonus points.
1984, Brave New World on steroids.

There will still be human enforcement agencies but they won't be called Police. Re-education camps. Dissenting types will just quietly "disappear".
Maybe not yet but these things are what we've been warned about for years and I see things accelerating in the current climate and I'm a bit pessimistic about the future.

I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

Meh...I’d skip the three shells thing and go straight to better efficiency...

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

The technocrats/technofascists are pretty open about it all. Its just not reported on national or local news, so..

I think the only way you will be wrong is if people:

1) Actually start to gain awareness of how they are being played
2) Start adopting the systems in-home to directly contradict the technofascist vision of total global centralized dependency

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I hope I'm wrong but from the outside it really feels like we a ree watching the fall of Rome live on TV.

Good luck those of you in the US.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I'm even pessimistic about people "waking up", as it were. It seems like they're too invested in their side coming to the rescue.
Both sides have been infected by cancerous extremists whose purpose appears to be the destruction of traditional government.

Voting for a "side" only creates more friction from the losers so the next step is to have the globalists move in and decide what's best for us.
By that point it will be too late.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I dont necessarily disagree.. but.. is that perception and pessimism from the Digital Veil, or Reality?

Over the past couple years, and certainly this year, I have seen more and more make a shift and say "hold on, something is real weird here."

It can manifest in a lot of ways, but the core of it is realizing that our perception from digital screens is wonky, if not totally wrong.

Regardless, its why I have put the effort I have into sharing knowledge about self-sufficient systems. Their very concept undercuts any division that might be present, and their widespread adoption may be even more important than people pulling back the Digital Veil en masse.

I intend to expand on that with more proprietary technology, but have to redo all of it first. And, legends say, there are even bigger technologies waiting in the wings. Only held back by not having a stable foundation on which to land..

Just as the corporate-political technofascists hijack peoples ideals for their own gains, The People can hijack the very same signal.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I'm sort of half and half. When I'm out and about i see beautiful countryside, decent friendly people getting on with life and all the appearances of normality.
It gives me some hope but I wonder if they are acting this way because they've been numbed to what's going on by TV and the daily grind.
Sports, drink, celebrity culture and tribalism seems to have neutralised the possibility of having a fighting chance when it matters and I guess I've just become isolated.

But back on topic. Those who are calling for the end of the Police don't appear to have thought that the alternative could only be worse.
Their ideal world won't magically happen just because there's no cops.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I think the toughest part is that the Digital Veil exists even when we arent looking at a digital screen. It shapes all of our perception in modern society, and certainly has real world repercussions.

You are very right about people being blinded by their own ideals. Its real easy for it to happen to any of us. We tend to think that what we imagine in our heads is precisely how it will be.. Age and experience tends to temper this, but not always.

Even fewer consider that not only will it *not* be like what they think, but that it can be actively manipulated into something else entirely. Age and experience can temper this too, but actual experience with it isnt something everyone has.

I have little doubt that there is a reason younger folks are a massive target for a lot of this. Some of us were "lucky" in that it was a lesson taught on a smaller scale, without digital veils or echo chambers. But, this is a big enough scale (global, with the US being a primary target) that it will be a rough lesson indeed.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Well if its crime or the organized nature you can be sure the politicians and alphabet agencies will be at the top of the new ladder.

They already run the top level crime rings.
Just need some wiggle room for those at the bottom.
The UN "strong cities" program already laid the plans for this.
The family of George Floyd sent a letter to the UN asking for help disarming US police departments.
Of course they have the answers waiting in the wings.
It won't be decided democratically that's for sure.
edit on 14-6-2020 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Every time i hear about getting rid of the police, i ask myself the old question, "Who benefits?"

I'd keep an eye on the activities of the larger private security contractor companies....someone is going to be wanting to make some money somewhere. Also any politicians that advocate this, too many of the hierarchy have their fingers in too many pies behind the scenes.

CX.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The whole thing is a scam.
Things are not what they seem.
There is ultimately no desire by the Powers that be to remove the police.
Democrats are doing this to drive down property value.
They have zero intention of giving up their political and enforcement power and influence.
When the middle class moves out of their nice homes, the high placed and wealthy Democrats will buy up the property for pennies on the dollar, because no sane buyer will want the property.
They will then decide to again fund the police (ironiclly enough because the poor who could not afford to move away will demand it) and thus begin to restore the value of the properties they bought cheaply.
This property will then be sold to buyers at the new inflated prices, possibly as freshly minted gated communities with private security.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
I hope I'm wrong but from the outside it really feels like we a ree watching the fall of Rome live on TV.

Good luck those of you in the US.
And Epstein was Caligula......

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Yeah. Youthful folly.
About twenty years ago I worked at a university here in the UK and dealt with a lot of students, some great kids and some who I wondered why they were even there.
Hard to believe that they'll have kids of their own now and they will have been manipulated by experts who have been at work since before I was even born.

I'm betting most will be on the "anti" side but I hope some will rebel against the current wokeness ideals (like a lot of kids do).
edit on 1462020 by Tulpa because: Banana caramel

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'm telling you guys, it will be out-of-work mall "cops". They're used to taking orders and being inept, they would be easy to control for the overlords.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen88
I wouldnt be surprised if it ended up being some kind of social service.

I prefer the Cardassian system of justice. You're always guilty, and the sentence is pretty much either the gulag or death.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join