It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truck Drivers Say They Won’t Deliver To Cities with Defunded Police Departments

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
I don't think I accused you of anything? I was just joining in the conversation.

No worries.

Problem is that yes, they are preventing businesses from operating, they are blocking roads and putting innocent people at risk.

Like I said, I support the protests, but now that the point has been made, it's gone beyond protest. Destroying peoples livelihoods and blocking roads for what is now weeks is no longer just peaceful protest. People lives are being destroyed and their Rights ignored entirely. Businesses hanging on by a thread due to the virus, will now fail as a direct result of the protests. Truck drivers are put in danger while they are just trying to do their jobs and get things like food to people who need it. When do their Rights matter?

Legal protesting is part of our Constitution and there is no time limit on how long we can protest. Anything illegal about the ongoing protests should be addressed and stopped.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Let me know when drivers are allowed to carry firearms.

Sure. Direct from the site for truckers.

Aren't you the guy who was just complaining about others not staying on topic? Or was that another AugustusMasonicus?

That was me since the topic wasn't about people breaking into your home and police response times.

Right?

edit on 16-6-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Don't see where the title says anything about how long a protest can be held either.

Strange.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
You two finally hug and kiss each other please, I notice a tension here for a few days now.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   

The dialogue was happening. What wasn't happening was the dialogue YOU wanted YOUR way on YOUR terms. No, you don't get that.

What are my terms? You seem to be a mind reader now...

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Don't see where the title says anything about how long a protest can be held either.

That's because there isn't a limit. You know, that Constitution paper thingy again.

Read it, it may do you some good.

edit on 16-6-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The Radical Left already had a replacement force in place, to fill the vacuum left by Defunded Police Departments...

I have been posting about the UN NGO called Strong Cities Network for Years here on ATS

this link is a bucket-list item:

www.infowars.com...

RE: United Nations Openly Hijacks US Police Departments reference: 'Strong Cities Network'

Watch & share this bombshell report!
Jon Bowne | Infowars.com - June 15, 2020

~~~~~~~ the video is 11:23 in length ~~~~~~~

the Broward County Florida had a lot of dealings with SCN... that's the place of the Parkland School shoootings, the attacks from the homeless guy that lived in a 'Trump' decaled Van, and the militarized Sherriffs department there in Fla.

just a FYI to put SCN in the public memory

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So they are making plans and they gave themselves an entire year to get it done.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I haven't changed my mind at all my position has always been that if defunding achieves the means to the end then so be it. I am not the one here equating defunding with lawlessness.

And no, no one hurt my feelings and I am not a criminal. Why is this always the assumption that when some doesn't like the way the police are operating it must because they want to commit crimes. You are the one who very clearly stated you need the fear of police to keep you from being a criminal, not me.

I'm sorry if you made assumptions about things you know nothing about regarding how police works somewhere outside your 50 miles radius of where you were born and raised. I never once said I was rural and truth is we don't have a PD. Neither does the next town over with a population of 90,000. But why do you care? You don't live here and we still get delivery drivers every day to our super Walmarts, Costco and Kroger.

Sure Jan, you've been pushing police reform.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: ketsuko

So they are making plans and they gave themselves an entire year to get it done.

Yes, but since it also involves having to have votes, and not just council votes but city votes, a year is optimistic at best. The first deadline for vote is, of course, November. So this commission has to come up with a realistic proposal in about a month to clear the first hurdle. You tell me how well bureaucracy moves.
edit on 16-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
a reply to: SolAquarius

I'm surprised about this honestly. Truck drivers would be happy to not get stopped by state patrol or police. Truck drivers have a lot more laws to abide by than regular commuters.

It's true. Also, truck drivers are pulled over at a more disproportionate rate than people of non CDL standing.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

I haven't changed my mind at all my position has always been that if defunding achieves the means to the end then so be it. I am not the one here equating defunding with lawlessness.

You started in this thread claiming you had zero police presence. Then you let it slip that you still had county and state police.

You have been all over the idea of removing all police presence, even stating that you would prefer your neighbor to come help if a crime was committed than a police officer. Now you're talking reform. So we can fix it now?

You don't even know what your position is.

The one thing you have been consistent with is not equating lawlessness with a lack of enforcement; I'll grant you that. There's just no conceivable logic path to make that conclusion. Everything we know about social interaction says otherwise.

And no, no one hurt my feelings and I am not a criminal. Why is this always the assumption that when some doesn't like the way the police are operating it must because they want to commit crimes. You are the one who very clearly stated you need the fear of police to keep you from being a criminal, not me.

Because basic human nature is to look out for number one. Always has been; always will be.

As for my past, there are two types of people in this world: those who make mistakes and damn liars. I make mistakes.

I'm sorry if you made assumptions about things you know nothing about regarding how police works somewhere outside your 50 miles radius of where you were born and raised.

You know, if you were actually either paying attention or had the ability to remember, you night be aware that I drove a truck cross country. I sat in that seat, hoss. I maneuvered a 53' box through the side streets of Long Island City in Queens, New York (several times as a matter of fact). I delivered in the bayous and backwater of southern Louisiana. I smelled the stench of New Jersey. I made deliveries to the Loop in Chicago and drove down Lakeshore Drive (missed a turn; that was a few fun-filled moments trying to get back to the big road). I've seen the Hollywood sign in L.A. from the cab of my truck. I've been stranded waiting days for a load out of LAX. I spend New Years Day one year sitting in a make-shift parking lot to wait out the blizzard. I've heard the alligators roar in Southern Florida. I've run switchbacks across West By God Virginia wondering if those tandems would go off the shoulder or scrape the mountain first. I rolled across the pebbled streets of downtown Atlanta, where trucks are not allowed, to deliver sawdust to Barnum & Bailey Circus.

And yes, I've been through Minneapolis. Several times.

I've done more and seen more and been more places in any one decade of my life than you will ever dream to do in your entire life. Don't you go accusing me of not knowing what's beyond my front door. My neighborhood was the entire nation.

You're the one who can't seem to figure out that your way isn't the way for all. Knowing the area around Detroit as I do, though, I can't really blame you for being so angry having to be there.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Nice. You just posted a link that proves that drivers are unable to carry firearms.

You do realize a driver, unless they run a dedicated route, is required to travel to all 48 states by any company they hire/lease on with? No company will hire anyone who refuses to travel to a specific state, and no company I have ever heard of allows firearms in any case. That leaves true independent owner ops, of which there aren't that many; most owner ops lease on to a company to let them have access to more loads. And if the independent drivers carry a firearm, they are restricted where they can go... which is a serious impediment in a cut-throat business.

Have you ever seen a truck with the door open?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Comrade Ilhan will just have them shot...

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Nice. You just posted a link that proves that drivers are unable to carry firearms.

LOL. Into Canada and the states listed that don't have reciprocity.

Here's another site and I quoted the text so you don't get all confused again:

The law dictates:

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

In essence, Federal law is leaving the decision on whether or not a trucker can carry a gun in the hands of state legislators. No clickey if no likey info

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Link to where I said I had zero police presence. I said our town PD was disbanded after corruption. I was asked who comes when 911 is called and I answered. Not sure why that was confusing for you other than it didn't fit your personal narrative of what you thought was my rural lifestyle.

Basic human nature doesn't mean violating other people's rights. You are in fact the type of person that police are required for because you can't seem to do anything right without fear of punishment if you don't.

Driving through a town for work or vacay isn't being a resident of that town and understanding the particular politics of the area. You certainly don't get to vote there. Your huge paragraph did nothing but prove I was correct that you know little about the police and politics in other regions so you probably should leave that up to those who do live in those areas and let them decide what is best for them.

I've lived in 4 states just since I started posting on this forum and I've lived in several others during my life.
I've also lived on 3 different continents just since I have been an adult. Wanna compare life experiences?

Yet again you just plucked garbage out of your head and thought you knew what you were talking about.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Blocking a street infringes on the rights of anyone who can't use it as a result. Blocking roads so truck drivers can't use them, infringes on their right to earn a living and use the roads they pay a lot of taxes to use.

It's gone way beyond legal protest unless only the protesters have rights, and no other persons rights are real.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Blocking a street infringes on the rights of anyone who can't use it as a result. Blocking roads so truck drivers can't use them, infringes on their right to earn a living and use the roads they pay a lot of taxes to use.

It's gone way beyond legal protest unless only the protesters have rights, and no other persons rights are real.

If the protests are impacting you personally than you should contact your elected representative. If there is illegal activity you should report it.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
For anyone making the argument for defunding police are nuts. Even with police folks loot and assault with immunity. Immagine those truckers becoming the local Walmart every time kids want to do a raid or a black man gets shot by police protecting themselves. While I have no admiration for cops because most are thugs with badges because most places don't pay anything so only idiots and zealots wear a badge. A lot more folks will die in the wild west style days with posses and lynch mobs just saying.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Link to where I said I had zero police presence. I said our town PD was disbanded after corruption. I was asked who comes when 911 is called and I answered.

After three pages of people demanding you answer! You tried everything in your power to dodge that question, because you knew the answer would show you to be a liar.

Here's your link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Basic human nature doesn't mean violating other people's rights.

Tell that to this guy:
He was arrested, yes. By a police officer. A police officer will testify in court against him. Your ideas would let people like this assault old women walking down the street with impunity. Fine for you, I guess... it's not like it's you that is assaulted for the heck of it.

Lived in more than four states.. and let me guess, none had police? What about on those three continents? None of them had police? You've never seen anyone commit a crime that had to be arrested by the police? That's a load of crap and you know it. Stop the lying.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join