It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can it be done? Non-lethal.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm just sitting here thinking about things and i wondered, why aren't there better non-lethal weapons?
Not just used in policing but in wars as well?
I thought surly we have the technology and the brain power to invent something.

We do have non-lethal weapons some stuff I've never even heard of till I went looking.
Pepper spray guns, pepper bullet firing flashlights, High caliber paintball pistols, stun guns, stun wands, net launchers,
Crazy stuff like the acoustic hailing device en.wikipedia.org...
And solid state active denial technology

When I think like that I often turn the question on myself and ask what could I come up with?
I realized that anything I came up with would have to be equal to or better than a gun. It would have to shot as fast as a gun, as far as a gun, and stop a person as fast as a gun would.
None of the non-lethal weapons I have read about even come close to being able to stop a person as fast as a gun. And that's the rub.
Non-lethal can shot as fast and as far but right now we have nothing that can be used by an officer in the field to stop a person as fast as a gun would. This matters when the criminal has a gun and is using it.

I'm still trying to come up with something. But I was curious if any of you had any ideas.

A light weight non-lethal weapon that has multiple uses without being reloaded/reset. Fires as far and as fast as a postal. Stops a person instantly no matter their size without killing them or causing permanent damage.

edit on 14-6-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
You forgot tranquilizer darts.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

A light weight none-lethal weapon that has multiple uses without being reloaded/reset. Fires as far and as fast as a postal. Stops a person instantly no matter their size without killing them or causing permanent damage.

Opening a can of Surströmming fish will make most bordering on loosing their ability to hold back puke, even upwind. Not sure about permanent damage, though.

The only thing that comes to my mind would be these microwave emitters that make the skin burn, like in your video. I think it is still military tech so why not just drop a few cans of Surströmming into CHAZ and watch it unfold.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Most of the non-lethal (not none-lethal) weapons in that video come with their own problems . From brain tumors to microwave radiation and that makes them lethal over time.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Exactly. For weapon to be branded non-lethal or "less than lethal" (officially) they must undergo extensive testing similar to that of drugs. Kinetic weapons (rubber bullets, etc.) are pretty easy to prove they're non-lethal. More advanced weapons like acoustic and microwave have unknown long-term effects and would require years of study to approve. The military can get away with using some of these things against an adversary in a war situation, but this is not so easy within the US.

The other thing is LTL weapons don't take the adversary out of the fight permanently, they're only temporary as long as they are in use. Once they are turned off the combatant can quickly return to the fight. Not so when you shoot someone.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Isn't the goal of war to kill the enemy? So I don't know why you would use non lethal weapon in a war.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

Isn't the goal of war to kill the enemy? So I don't know why you would use non lethal weapon in a war.

It was 40 years ago.
Today there are safe spaces created to keep people safe from words..
edit on 14-6-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
You forgot tranquilizer darts.

They wouldn't act fast enough and the wrong dose can kill a person.

Be nice if there was a universal amount that acted instantly.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

They don't work fast enough. We need something that's effective in a shot out.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

For the sake of humanity as a whole.

Or so that innocent people like you aren't killed accidentally. Cough *drones* cough cough.
edit on 14-6-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Yeah, I would think they should be good up to a 75% taxation and no small businesses with 5g.

Just rotate the frequency dial to the brown note.

🔊🚻

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Rubber bullets can be extremely lethal

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Irritating loud music or lazer dazzlers?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

So can a plastic spoon!

LOL

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Why? We need people to die or else the population would soon explode beyind our capacity to feed, clothe peeps. Its bad enuff now.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

No new magic weapon

Training in the basics like control. Grips. Points of entry.

This should be mandatory.

The cop that had his back could have easily controlled him and it would have ended there.
He did not know how. That is clear from the video.

This is a problem.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Even pepper spray can kill someone with asthma.

A phaser would be the only answer but I don't think they are 100 percent non lethal even at low settings because a tazer can kill under certain circumstances. I don't see phasers in the near future.

Fixing saciety might be quicker but not easier.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I think this is the best,

Only side effect is that the ones that are hit will most likely never obey orders from anyone ever again.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

Heh... aside from never taking orders, once exposed to the real chemical fighting a war for anything but imminent existential reasons becomes problematic.

Getting a few hours of "overview effect" is mostly all good... except for those few who rely on unquestioned obedience.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join