It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Careful....Police could go on a national strike.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Bingo!

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The responsibility would be deferred to county sheriffs ifs if the police strike.
edit on 14-6-2020 by Brit-Tex because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2020 by Brit-Tex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
No they won't go away, they are tax collectors.
They will just be replaced by other tax collectors.

I hope this isn't some giant bs scam to create a bigger police state.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I know you will correct me if I'm wrong...I seem to
remember, a few years back, that Chicago tried to
bring in the U.N. troops.
I wouldn't put it past the democrats to bypass the
national guard and go straight for the U.N. for "help".
I have heard something called the kilgali principles.
I am not sure if I spelled that right.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Good lord some of you guys are completely nuts.

Show of hands, how many of you are petitioning to get Chase of PAW Patrol euthanized for the justice of cartoon shows everywhere?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
You folks do realize that police forces weren't a thing at all until the later half of the 19th century, right?

In fact, most of the parts of government we "can't live without" we've only had the last 100 years.

The more you know.

yea they had nobles who were the only people allowed to carry weapons and abused the hell out of the peasants, good comparison. just because they weren't called "police" doesn't mean they didn't have peacekeepers.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

They are extremely unlikely to bring in UN troops.

Theyve already laid the groundwork for what the technocrats envision with contact tracing. Even the language used in places like Minneapolis indicate this with abolishing the police and replacing it with a "community led public safety system."

They will get your neighbor to narc on you for.. whatever.. and then send in the non-human enforcement.

If police go on national strike, they will unwittingly aid this effort.

The problem here is that many seem to think their ideals are how this will all take shape or end up. But there are very clear plans in place for how this is supposed to go. The technocracy hijacks ideals for their own end, and by the time a person figures out that it isnt going in the direction they thought it would.. Its usually too late.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Places like Chicago are already controlled by criminal elements. They are called politicians

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

It'll be the Chinese Social Credit score all over again where they basically starve you into compliance. Those familiar with theology should beware because it's in there.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Do the police stop crime? No. Crime still happens. I get the stolen car reports on my ring doorbell.

The only thing the cops are good for are taking a police report after the crime, tickets and harassing people. Well maybe they get lucky and catch someone. But for the most part they are useless.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, it sure is.

I believe we have been conditioned to perceive every little thing in isolation, so that we dont see where we are actually headed. People think their ideals are somehow meaningful, but they only serve to get the population moving in the "correct" direction.

Witholding food will certainly be a point of leverage. By the technocrats own words though.. they envision significantly more centralized dependency than that.

I believe they are looking to eliminate currency entirely, while most will be focused on the risks of moving to digital currency. Everything will be "free" in their system, but if you want a pot to boil water in.. You are going to have to order it, use it, then return it. No private ownership of anything whatsoever.

Commit WrongThink? Dare to think outside the monolithic "experts?" Well.. Everything is witheld from you and your family. Everything. And "community led public safety systems" with non-human enforcement will ensure compliance.

Doesnt have to be this way.. But people need to realize how they are being played. Even if its all just for "funsies" and all just coincidence, the steps we can take beyond awareness end up actually working towards the world and society that so many claim they want to live in.

But the technofascist vision aint it, fam.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I say to hell with it, disband ALL law enforcement across the United States! Give the country a solid week - seven entire days - of Purge-style lawlessness. Waive prevention and punishment for any/all crimes, from jaywalking to murder and everything in between. Sometimes the only way you can fully appreciate something is to lose it - for a while at least.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Your argument, something in your choice of words maybe, actually has me rethinking my stance on this subject. Well, at least in part...

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChayOphan

Your argument, something in your choice of words maybe, actually has me rethinking my stance on this subject. Well, at least in part...

Wow! That's pretty cool

After you've given it some thought, if you'd like to share where those thoughts took you, I'd be interested to hear... Perhaps I should say I'm looking forward to your future comments and seeing where your thoughts took you!

Happy introspection

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Cool.

Can't say I blame them.

After all, the last time I called a cop was for convenience. I figured they'd have a better chance of handling the mischief starting up with less bloodshed than I would (and they did). They would at least try to take the guy into custody when they caught him (or in this case, just be visible enough for him to decide to go elsewhere). Me? I'm disabled. I can't take him into anywhere. So if there's no cops, I guess I'll just have to wait him out, catch him in the act, and remove a few vital organs via lead scalpel. I can't fight him, but I can shoot him.

That's what we want now, right?

Right?

Someone let me know when this happens... I'd hate to waste a phone call trying to save someone.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
With a judge outlawing tear gas and pepper spray, there will be many more police going on strike.

www.wate.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Well , that sounds like Great News to the Police Unions . Collective Bargaining goes National . Talk about Protection Money , We Will All Gladly Pay for that Now .......

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Go on strike, and/or quit and move to a state that likes cops with no one in line to replace them. You know they will most likely not need to defund as the police just disappear.

Don't forget they are union....it could get ugly.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

Good, they can go!

I'm tired of police claiming their job is so damn hard and they need to do stupid things and have more-equal rights than anyone else to do it. If it's so bad then why have they stayed up until now?

Just look at this recent incident with Brooks in Atlanta. The police 100% escalated that by their words and actions leading up to the handcuffing. And then folks claim "what are they supposed to do?" Clearly not that!

And then they kept the fire department away from the Wendy's because it wasn't safe? So much for serving and protecting and running toward danger when others run away. Police only do what police do when they know their chances are excellent they won't get hurt. As soon as a man runs away from them with a non-lethal weapon they shoot him out of fear.

Bye!

Do you have any police officers in your family, or have any friends/acquaintances that are in law enforcement? I will guess the answer is no, but who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

Have you ever considered enrolling in a civilian ride along program to accompany police on a shift, observe their interactions, watch the type of situations they are called to intercede in?

Where I'm going with this, is that you have a very negative perception of the police and law enforcement (shocker! based on your commentary), and IMO you are fixating on what the media has shown of police recently, vis a vis unneeded escalation and piss poor conduct, like in the Floyd incident. Do you honestly think that is the norm?

I could trot out statistics to underscore the degree to which encounters like that are true statistical outliers, but I don't get the sense that will be persuasive here.

If you had to guess, in your estimation, how often do police encounters across the US result in unfair and even dangerous treatment of subjects?

10%?
37%?
82%?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Yawn...

Using the tired, old # of police contacts vs # of times a cop does something that violates a person's civil rights or kills someone isn't exactly a smart statistic to use. All it does is highlight how often in America police make contact with a citizen when what the citizen is doing isn't going to be particularly detrimental to society or shouldn't be a police matter to begin with.

I have a negative perception because none of this is news to me and it isn't because I have personal problems with police (I'm not a criminal and my daddy didn't get railroaded, etc...) or because MSNBC was talking about it last night.

And you know what? I don't care if this inconveniences me because frankly I think the disintegration of freedoms at the hands of the US police and justice system is more important.

So go ahead and think only people who watch MSNBC, or people who are criminals or don't have family or whatever don't know what it's really like if it helps you feel better about accepting what has been happening to our rights is this country.

Edit to add: I think you meant CITIZEN Ride Along rather than Civilian because until the US Police are subject to USMJ then anyone riding along isn't a civilian anymore than the cop is.
edit on 14-6-2020 by Identified because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join