It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don’t the rich donate to police departments, push decriminalization of drugs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I truly believe Antifa is a group founded by individuals that want to keep their hands clean, but back a violent revolution.

If the whole issue was to change the practices of law enforcement, why not just donate to police departments, promote better training, and fill law enforcement with people dedicated to better policing.

But no. People are pushing for better policing by sacking and torching neighborhoods. So ignorant.

If your against violence, to have any credibility, you must be against all violence. Especially against neighbors and neighborhoods. Not this selective and segregated view of violence.

People would rather fund the Autonomous zone trying to split from the USA, while claiming Trump is the one dividing the country.

As far as the drug war. So many better models in the world to fight addiction, and curve the drug trade. Makes you wonder who’s profits would be hurt. It’s innuendo. But I believe there are judges and politicians on the take from drug cartels. Not just bad cops.

A bunch of hypocrites

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

I truly believe Antifa is a group founded by individuals that want to keep their hands clean, but back a violent revolution.

You believe in something factual incorrect. Antifa is way older than you think it is. It was not founded recently, the group original came to be in the early 1900s. Our resident antifa endorsers will have more accurate info and will arrive soon.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

You

It was not founded recently

Then who buys the little black masks, how do they get about, how can they support themselves if they are totally dedicated time wise to protesting?
edit on 14-6-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 14-6-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

And how is the CHAZ being fed and supplied?
edit on 14-6-2020 by neutronflux because: Fixed

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Would you please read up on antifa? I dislike their motives and actions just like you, I agree that this incident in the USA has to be funded and it is becoming more obvious by each day.

You are still wrong if you try to paint it like antifa was founded for this revolution, to use your word, revolution. They might be utilized but let's keep the facts straight that these scumbags have been around for nearly a century.

About the follow up post, they are 'starving' and ask for donations. They also can as well leave in single quantities and go a bit shopping, er I mean looting.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Why don’t the rich donate to police departments, push decriminalization of drugs?

"Drugs are bad .
Don't do drugs ."
Mr. Mackey from South Park .
Take heed

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I believe they are being funded like the government would fund special forces black ops.

A few individuals or cells are trained, paid, provided for, and rewarded to “aid” and promote rioting. All they do is fan the flames in protests.

This allows the rich donors to keep their hands clean and apply pressure for violent revolution they long for.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Because if they were ever going to push drug decriminalization in any sort of meaningful manner, they would also have to appropriately fund and build the proper rehabilitation centres and other health care facilities to accommodate the people who develop problems with using such.

There is no real war on drugs all the same.

Never has been, never will be, not whilst there are literally 10s of trillions of dollars to be had, and all off the books no less.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
There certainly are parts of the so called elite that I think would have zero moral concerns paying for blood, as long as it is not in their gated community or none of their family members.

The kind of people that think they are something better, smarter and thus deserve more rights than others.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I should have been more specific. Antifa is just one example.

I can make the same argument with Black Lives Matter.

If the whole issue was to change the practices of law enforcement, why not just donate to police departments, promote better training, and fill law enforcement with people dedicated to better policing.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Because the point of being rich (For the corrupt rich at any rate.) is the ability to buy and do things that others cannot.
There are not many rich who go to jail for drugs.
If that were to change then that is one less thing that they can indulge that seperates them from the common rabble.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75

Let's face facts, there are not that many rich people, or at least super-rich people, that will ever see a day in court, where criminal charges are concerned, nevermind actual gaol time.

A prime example would be the likes of Prince Andrew for one.

These bastards can simply afford to pay to dance between the raindrops.

Justice, just like any other commodity or product, can be purchased.

No wonder shes blind if we are honest. LoL

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

How do you train people who most likely don't have the IQ necessary to train?

Remember years ago when a certain politics was screaming bloody murder that the tests to get into law enforcement were too hard?

Before we address the mentality and intelligence necessary to become a police officer, which IMO should be at the top of the list how do you address training?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
When I think of the rich decriminalizing drugs, I think of Al Capone.
The Last thing that Al Capone wanted was for prohibition to go away.
He made a killing off of Alcohol being prohibited.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75

Aye, its always about the green eh?

Monies transcend morality as supply and demand will always be the colour of the day.

Tell people they cant have something and watch the queue form around the block.
edit on 14-6-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
That exactly it.
I for example I am actually opposed to recreational drug use, that being said I think the more you try to make it seen as exclusive the more people will clamor for it.
It works exactly the same way as ads do for clothing brands, Automobiles, and trendy foods.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

I 'donate' to my local police department monthly, it's called my goddamn municipal taxes.

Those mooches get to fight over it with the public school system and all the other slugs milking the taxpayer dry.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
A “these fine, upstanding Mexican Drug Cartels would like to donate to American police departments the way they do in Mexico” sort of thing?

Hard pass.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Because they're involved in criminal activities themselves?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: neutronflux

I 'donate' to my local police department monthly, it's called my goddamn municipal taxes.

Those mooches get to fight over it with the public school system and all the other slugs milking the taxpayer dry.

Maybe the services reflect what your willing to spend on proper law enforcement candidates and training. And the politicians elected to provide oversight of law enforcement, and failed policies like the war on drugs that set all up for failure.

Shrugs..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join