It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can British Citizens Still travel the Mississippi?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   
In the treaty of Paris, Which ended the American war for independence, one of the agreed upon points was:

Great Britain and the United States are each to be given perpetual access to the Mississippi River;

Is this still legal or did another treaty superseded the treaty of Paris?

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

No.

Only Article 1 of the treaty, which acknowledges the United States' existence as free, sovereign, and independent states, remains in force.

Treaty of Paris

You're welcome.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   

No it's considered white privilege now and we know how pastie white the Brits are.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I personally don’t trust the editors of Wikipedia
But that did lead me to

www.state.gov...

Wikipedia was correct but that leads me to the next question, what’s ‘in force’. The law is in the books but people egnyte them, like a sanctuary city?

I also find it interesting that all of the American/Canadian boarder boundaries are actually American / British treaties.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
That treaty has spawned much more complex conspiracy theories than that.
It begins with what ought to be a harmless statement roughly to the effect that "the hearts of KIng Goerge and of the United States of America are inclined towards peace".
Unfortunately the full text lists all the king's titles, ending with "Elector of Hanover". Years ago, one prominent member of ATS, now gone, was fixated on the point that the words "and of the United States" follow on from "Elector of Hanover". So he insisted on reading it as a claim that Goerge was Elector of both countries. He could not get it into his stupid head that the sentence made no grammatical sense if one of the two subjects of the plural verb disappeared.

edit on 14-6-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

top topics

join