It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officers across the nation. What the hell is wrong with some of you ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

I heard it from the bar owner .

We’ll see

It sure seems like many more people would’ve spoke up .

edit on 15-6-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
I’ll probably catch hell for this. But as you know I say what I mean and stand behind what I say .

That’s sad this is more meant to the officers in Atlanta.

You can’t shoot people unless they are shooting at you or have a deadly weaponand are threatening your life . Stun guns don’t make the grade . (especially now) It’s not worth it unless your life is in danger .

The cost to the country everytime it happens is to great in property damage, violence , and civil disturbances . Not to mention politically .

People are to angry and for the last two deaths I’ve got to agree .

Derek Chauvin’s “ arrest “ made no sense whatsoever . He worked with the man up till about a year ago .

If you know someone personally you don’t walk up throw him on the ground and stick your knee in his neck for nine minutes . Whether you like him or not. I’ve seen police officers in similar situations it’s just not the way it’s done.

Peaceful tactics de-escalate the situation and lead to a better understanding of what is going . All cops know this. It will possibly get the police more information to boot.

The cops I know would’ve immediately said hey I know this guy which puts the subject at ease. What the hell happened George ? In all probability no one dies .

Derricks actions reek of revenge .

The confrontation in Atlanta could have been put to bed peacefully . If egos didn’t get in the way . The two officers wrestled him to the ground but couldn’t overpower him . Then he took off with a non-lethal weapon . Don’t even chase him send out a radio call for back up. The man is on foot for christ’s sake .

He was already question and given a sobriety test. So they know who he was and had his address .

Before the officers got trigger-happy they should’ve just let him go to get picked up later . If the helicopters and 20 other cruisers didn’t find him . More than likely he would’ve turned himself in when he sobered up. If not he would’ve been picked up eventually.

Do the police officers involved in these shootings and over the top violence live in a bubble? The cost is just too great.

I am very pro police and 9 times out of 10 I defend the officers in a shooting . (don’t jump on a car if you don’t have to ) But these last two incidents are so outrageous i’ve been left with no choice .

If your life is an imminent danger go for it. But use your head anytime else. Think about the civilians and brother officers that are going to be injured and possibly killed because of your actions.

Normally I’d say use your head for something besides a hat rack.

But lately I think “get your head out of your ass “ fits better.

I’ve heard there’s around 1 million police in the nation . I’d be willing to bet 900,000 officers did a facepalm when they heard what happened in Atlanta . ( facetious )

What happened if the guy shot the cop with the tazer and then went for his gun? You cant give that chance.

My neighbor is a cop, young man.

Came home 4 years ago, nose and orbital bone broke. Walking a guy with cuffs on, guy threw his head back breaking the cops nose.

Not too long ago he said he was in aids prevention medicine. A perp took a bite out of his leg, pants and all.

Tells me one night gets a call about shots fired. Rolla behind a warehouse bunch of guys shooting an ak in the air.
They all flee and are chased. While chasing this one kid , he keeps reaching into his waistband.

Thinking its a gun the guy was ready to shoot. Turns out it was 20 in ghetto weed.

After being attacked so many times, he is naturally more ready to react.

And they all say sir, thankyou, laugh with you and in a second will shoot you, stab you, or just attack you with their bare hands.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Nvm. 🙂
edit on 6/15/2020 by Creep Thumper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'll just put this here......"that there is a clear distinction between what you can do and what you should do,” Ms. Bottoms said. “I do not believe that this was a justified use of deadly force.” Bloodworth I appreciate your post.... cuffed guy hitting heads with the cop breaking cops nose,,,,,,,you gave us a few good scenarios of what can happen even when they are cuffed... thanks.

he co operated at first did the sobriety test..offered repeatedly to leave his car in the parking space and walk home to his girl friends house nearby.........`what they can do and what they should do sometimes are 2 different things....

to those who said he could have got the cops gun///the guy RAN is the cop dumb enough to get close enough for the guy to take from him??? that is idiotic.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

An idiot cop or a green moron cop or a psycho cop does not speak for all police. Looking at the data, the idea of racism in the police is completely made up. Isolated incidents do occur, but black on black crime is real and systemic. And if people would stop going full retard when stopped by the police, they wouldn't set off the green morons, the idiots or the psycho cops and we'd have nothing to talk about.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

This is what I can't stand. You sit there *thinking* you know what you're going on about, but in reality you don't. That's the major issue with these situations. People *think* they know, but they don't. Like this case. The officer DID.NOTHING.WRONG.

You claim a taser isn't a threat? I'm sure it's not, to a security guard who ONLY carries a taser. But what happens when that taser is used against the officer to help incapacitate him so the criminal could take his firearm and potentially end his, and others lives with it?

It sucks when a life is lost. Life is EXTREMELY precious. However, when will we hold these criminals accountable for their actions? Especially when they do something so absolutely STUPID and fight a cop? Especially when you had a criminal record like this idiot had?

Start blaming the criminals for their STUPID ACTIONS and not the cops who are FORCED to respond to those actions.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I agree that any weapon that can incapacitate you is a lethal weapon if you, yourself, are armed. Because while you are incapacitated they can get your gun.

However, in the situation where this happened, the person was running away. Which means police lives were not in danger from him.

However: if the public wants to take this position, then they MUST ACCEPT IT when the police fail to bring a criminal like that in, and he commits more crimes.

The cost to the country everytime it happens is to great in property damage, violence , and civil disturbances . Not to mention politically .

People are to angry and for the last two deaths I’ve got to agree .

Derek Chauvin’s “ arrest “ made no sense whatsoever . He worked with the man up till about a year ago .

If you know someone personally you don’t walk up throw him on the ground and stick your knee in his neck for nine minutes . Whether you like him or not. I’ve seen police officers in similar situations it’s just not the way it’s done.

Peaceful tactics de-escalate the situation and lead to a better understanding of what is going . All cops know this. It will possibly get the police more information to boot.

The cops I know would’ve immediately said hey I know this guy which puts the subject at ease. What the hell happened George ? In all probability no one dies .

It doesn't make sense from any perspective, even self interest.

That is......... unless someone paid him to do it.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

If you want to change lethal force/use of force parameters, have at it. I am all for the demilitarization of police

Under current use of force, that was a legal use of deadly force.

Under common sense, if I did that, I would expect to get shot.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

Did you see my post above ?

I guess it was my grammar/ translation in the OP but everyone’s missing my point .

I’m trying to simplify it and make it clearer .

What do you think ?

The shooting was completely justified.

But was the decision to shoot necessary in the current environment knowing the implications that would follow .

officer : this guy fought us and stole my Taster I am within my rights do use deadly force .

Officer: do I want Atlanta and half the country to burn ?

It could’ve turned out like this .

The officer fell to the ground refusing to shoot the suspect .

Interesting note do you know how he got the body camera ?

His Mom bought it for him in case he got in trouble. Lol

Even when you are justified you don’t have to shoot . Especially with all the crap that’s going on right now .

edit on 16-6-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
He was running away...the cop still had his gun he could shoot from MANY feet away so he (the cop) would have to be a moron to get close enough for the guy zap him and get his gun

originally posted by: Aegeus

This is what I can't stand. You sit there *thinking* you know what you're going on about, but in reality you don't. That's the major issue with these situations. People *think* they know, but they don't. Like this case. The officer DID.NOTHING.WRONG.

You claim a taser isn't a threat? I'm sure it's not, to a security guard who ONLY carries a taser. But what happens when that taser is used against the officer to help incapacitate him so the criminal could take his firearm and potentially end his, and others lives with it?

It sucks when a life is lost. Life is EXTREMELY precious. However, when will we hold these criminals accountable for their actions? Especially when they do something so absolutely STUPID and fight a cop? Especially when you had a criminal record like this idiot had?

Start blaming the criminals for their STUPID ACTIONS and not the cops who are FORCED to respond to those actions.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Aegeus

That’s nice .

Now would anyone care to answer my question ?

Stead of just the same old scenario given over and over and over . 🤮

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:16 AM
link   
There’s a reason officers are judged on what “a reasonable officer would do” and not what an ordinary citizen would do.

Training, knowledge and experience.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: Dutchowl

But was the decision to shoot necessary in the current environment knowing the implications that would follow .

I don't think this should ever be a factor.

Letting the fact people will riot change how we run our government is quite literally "mob rule".

An unruly mob doesn't deserve any say in anything.

Indeed, I think it is our obligation to future generations, to ABSOLUTELY NOT GIVE THEM ANY SAY. IN ANYTHING.

officer : this guy fought us and stole my Taster I am within my rights do use deadly force .

Officer: do I want Atlanta and half the country to burn ?

It could’ve turned out like this .

The officer fell to the ground refusing to shoot the suspect .

Interesting note do you know how he got the body camera ?

His Mom bought it for him in case he got in trouble. Lol

I doubt he was thinking about that.

More like, wondering what this lunatic is going to do next now that he just stole a tazer.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Aegeus

Do you know what I can’t stand ?

I ceeded that it was a justified shooting.

But still the robots cannot get off that part of the topic and address my point .

Nor can I stand people that make assumptions about another person‘s position that was clearly mentioned in the OP .

Over 9 times out of 10 I support the police that’s over 90% in case you didn’t know .

Yet post after post people come at me like liberals not listening to my point and instead prejudged coupled with bias with ignorance. What you guys are doing is no different than calling me a racist racist racist saying I don’t support the police .

You’re wrong so get off your tricycle and act like an adult with a brain .

edit on 17-6-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join