It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officers across the nation. What the hell is wrong with some of you ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   
There needs to be a serious rethink of how policing is performed. Community policing is key. Ideally, you want unarmed police who work in pairs, on a regular beat. They should be stationed in the same territory for years, getting to know everyone in the area. They should be there not just to deal with crimes, but when things are quiet, throw the ball a little with the local kids, have a friendly dig at the shenanigans of the local teenagers. They should know that Johnny has a new girlfriend, know her name and make fun of him for it. They should also know johnnies mother by name if he's the type that gets up to mischief. What this means is that if Johnny grows up a bit wrong and gets drunk and falls asleep at the local fast food drive through, they can go there an say,

"hey Johnny, what ya doin all passed out in the drive through. You shouldn't be driving, wouldn't you be better off going home and getting some sleep? Here, I'll move the car for ya over there and drive you home, give me the keys".

Then, the next day the officer, who Johnny would have grown up knowing by name, will get a visit from said officer with a court appearance date, and his mother will get to hear all about it. This is true community policing and it has been proven by many studies into criminology that it drastically reduces crime in countries and neighbourhoods were it has been practiced long term. Of course, the police will still have major crime detectives, and heavily armed SWAT teams for when TSHTF, but these units won't be patrolling the streets.
edit on 14-6-2020 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Ah yes deflection time ....

Every officer you know talks about their training ? Amazing !! that must mean every officer in the world must be the same ...

Oh requirements ? I don't talk to my friends about requirements about being a police officer... we have more interesting convo's .

Did you run outta ammo for the OP? Is this what we doing now ?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: harold223

lol community policing in this age of social media doesn't work ... Everyone has a camera . Every police officer will get villified and put under a microscope with every action they do .

Community policing will never work because of the poison the left has pushed onto its base about the police. Remember millions of police interactions a year and only a handful go sour . Yet nobody cares about that... They expect perfection , even tho there isn't a single industry in the world that can achieve 100 percent perfection

Community policing means less police for easier take overs

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: seedofchucky

Another lie you want at least know some . Like firearm training Who is # if you claimed to have never ask that .

I set a trap for you .

When they talk about something that happened on the job . I would ask what did you do ?

They’ll explain their training for the situation “ we’re taught to” And you only have to ask a few times .

Because after the first year they received very little if any training at all as requirements .

I don't talk to my friends about requirements about being a police officer

That’s complete and utter bull# . They tell on the job stories all the time normally funny ones . Basically locker room talk .

That’s three I caught you in.

Go away . SMH
edit on 14-6-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: seedofchucky

lol community policing in this age of social media doesn't work ... Everyone has a camera . Every police officer will get villified and put under a microscope with every action they do .

Community policing will never work because of the poison the left has pushed onto its base about the police. Remember millions of police interactions a year and only a handful go sour . Yet nobody cares about that... They expect perfection , even tho there isn't a single industry in the world that can achieve 100 percent perfection

Community policing means less police for easier take overs

There is much evidence from criminologists that have performed long term studies that would state that you are wrong there. Policing in the UK, Europe, Australia and NZ is primarily conducted this way to varying degrees and has been proven to be very effective. It's about getting to know the local community and building on relationships within this community. You want to know the trouble makers very well, and they you. It is proven to work. Of course, bad crimes happen but that's when you radio in for the major crime operatives, with their big guns. If you know the troublemakers you don't need to chase them down if they run. They'll keep ;-)

And what's this about left, using poison lol, why does everything around here have to be about the politics spectrum? :shrugs:

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   

nobody cares about your fake "traps" stop deflecting ...

i don't ask dumb questions like you nor do they tell me about their training , i ask about their interactions with drug users as i'm working in the field of rehabilitation , we all have different interests ....

I don't suffer from whatever mental disorders you got going on

Dont tell me to go away .. i'm here all night . Someone has to help you with your disability upstairs ... You have real issues friend

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   

www.washingtonpost.com...

The left in america cares about 1 thing. Control . They will walk over anyone and use any victim to get it . They poison the minds of minorities to make them have the victim mentality and self entitlement mentality . They want the police to fluff pillows for them when arrested...

America isn't civil enough for community policing like the other dinky little countries are...

We have the root of all problems stemming from usa...... liberalism
edit on 14-6-2020 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Now that’s deflection . 🤦‍♂️

If you have two cops for friends. They must’ve told you at least two funny traffic stops . Come on let’s hear them.

The only reason I’m doing this is because I know you’re lying . And it’s funny watching you squirm .

You’ve already done it on multiple occasions .

This one makes me laugh so let’s revisit it .

“ what was your first thought when you heard the police had killed a black guy in Atlanta “

😁

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Now that’s deflection . 🤦‍♂️

If you have two cops for friends. They must’ve told you at least two funny traffic stops . Come on let’s hear them.

The only reason I’m doing this is because I know you’re lying . And it’s funny watching you squirm .

You’ve already done it on multiple occasions .

This one makes me laugh so let’s revisit it .

“ what was your first thought when you heard the police had killed a black guy in Atlanta “

😁

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   

In an assessment of six community policing programmes across the USA, for example, [59] Skogan (1994) found that fear of crime was reduced in all of them, and communities' favourable assessments of police services either remained the same or increased compared with similar communities not receiving these services. In particular, [59] Skogan (1994, p. 180) noted that: "Where officers have developed sustained cooperation with community groups and fostered self-help, the public has witnessed declining levels of social disorder and physical decay." Later, [60] Skogan and Hartnett's (1997) assessment of community policing in Chicago suggested that it had a significant impact on community problems and the quality of community life.

Somerville, P 2009, ‘Understanding community policing’, Policing: An International Journal of Police Strategies & Management, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 261–277.

There is a wealth of peer reviewed evidence in favour of community policing. I've provided one example, could find hundreds more but based on the childish way you are arguing with Fallingdown I can't be a&sed ;-)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Keep deflecting
We know the reason you ignoring your own op and the points i made

you have nothing left....

Here are two stories . One time he pulled over a clown ... Another time a guy dressed as a king !

Now what /

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:47 AM
link   

community policing doesn't work . We have a liberalism problem. Not a police bruality problem

eric.ed.gov...

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Community policing gets backed up by hard policing when things get serious. But community policing will help prevent unnecessary shootings - like an unarmed guy passed out in a drive through. Either they'd know him, or take the licence plate down and serve him later. No need to chase him and shoot him. In the UK, the police wouldn't have even been armed, and couldn't have shot him. Police on the beat ideally shouldn't need guns. Having said that, you should see the anti-terroirism and major crime squads in the UK. They are armed with military grade stuff. It's about balance and situational requirements.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 02:01 AM
link   

i've seen uk police get messed up pretty bad sometimes since they just got the baton lol . I don't like the less police and the fluffy police method.

Criminals take advantage. we need to address the root causes of crime . Not make it club med or a 2 star experience . You know homeless people sometimes commit crimes just to go to jail ? Just for 3 meals a day ,, a bed and hot shower ...

I wanna make it harder for criminals not easier . community policing sounds good on paper, but social media creates these hate machines. Criminals now will take even more advantage.

I would love to see community policing work in chicago . If it works there i'll be convinced it can work anywhere !

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I’ve just been showing everyone how dishonest you are. You’ve dodged every question so your opinion doesn’t mean anything .

OK I kind of believe this one. You said you work in the field of rehabilitation.

How do they start a AA or NA meeting ?

But the video proves it was justified

Show anywhere when I said the shooting wasn’t justified. That statement proves you weren’t even addressing the OP .

Did you run outta ammo for the OP? Is this what we doing now ?

See above

Lol

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   
You've shown everyone deflections But nice try .

You've already stated how you feel about the police department in your rant. Had you thought it was justified this rant wouldn't be here now would it ?

It doesn't matter what you believe or not . I'm not here to play your games. I'm here to show you love to deflect off the op .

Try again . I'm waiting .

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Yeah can’t answer a simple question. Again you made up a story about rehabilitation .

You've already stated how you feel about the police department in your rant.

Yep I said it wasn’t a good idea in the current environment.

But you’re dodging my question again you claimed I said it wasn’t justified . Prove it . Hmmmmm?

How many was that five or six in a row ?

With all your fibs you must have a very active imagination .

I was having fun with you. But now all I feel is sad for you .

Have fun in your fantasy world .

Ta~Ta

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Keep peddling your excuses . I see your deflections . I see your games.

"Yep I said it wasn’t a good idea in the current environment."

what isn't a good idea why don't you elaborate or finish your sentence before running off talking about not addressing points. Is english your first language ?

Yes we do see your lies , games and deflection

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Don't you all get it?
You just need to stop treating people based on the color of their skin.
Everybody is human, there is only one race.
Saying black lives matter (which they absolutely do!!!!!!) just fuels the racists with content.
... because you being black and they being whites is just what the white racist invented for you
... And again, people aren't black... The're human and after that there is no offical race/label or any other made up classification.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Daalder

yes agreed But problem is we have too many criminal apologists pretending to be social justice warriors . Black lives matter ignores black on black deaths . Which means not all black lives matter just the ones they can push a race war with ..

The movement isn't about brutality , justice nor reform. Its about black supremacy . They use shoootings like this to justify it .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join