It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanta Police Chief resigns after Black Man shot

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
So the person was publicly intoxicated and blocking traffic, resisted arrest, assaulted an officer, stole an officer's weapon, evaded officers, then pointed (and possibly fired) said stolen weapon at the officer. And we're supposed to feel sorry for him? Good riddance. One less dangerous criminal on the streets.

The perp took the officer's TASER gun, ran a few steps, turned, fired the Taser at the officer. Officer shoots perp with a real gun. Perp dies.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

IF (and this is a huge IF) we could get back to the original cause behind the Floyd murder that started this, there are a lot of good suggestions floating around to help fix the problem. One is that police unions negotiate restrictions on prosecution... that should be strictly illegal. Negotiate pay all you want, but when it comes to potential charges? Hell, NO!

Automatic firing if a cop engages a suspect in any way without their body cam on, or if they knew their body cam was malfunctioning.

Federally mandate that no portion of the Police Department's budget can come from actions taken by the police. Write a citation? Get squat. Do your job? Get paid.

All internal investigation data must be made public within 24 hours of a conclusion.

Require citizen involvement in all internal investigations.

Require that police be hired from within the area they patrol.

Psychological evaluations of all cops before they are hired, and at two-year intervals thereafter.

Allow for the public firing of a cop if a petition to do so gathers sufficient signatures.

That's just a few of them...

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

The "criminal" ... what happened to innocent until proven guilty?

That mentality, that cops can act as judge, jury and executioner, is a BIG PART OF THE PROBLEM.

Use of lethal force is supposed to be the exception, not the rule.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

" “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." Matthew 7:3-5

link   

Threatening life is.

Sounds like we are going to have to get ready to fight gentlemen, this madness is getting out of hand...

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Not worth it
edit on 13 6 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I would add that city hall should not be able to use the police dept. to raise funds through encouraging the increased writing of fines and tickets.

If the dept. can't raise funds that way, city hall shouldn't be able to either. It was determined after Ferguson that it was something city hall was doing and it was increasing negative interactions between police and the civilian population.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

" “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." Matthew 7:3-5

Well, so much for sane logical discussion.

Great verse.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Bicent

DUI is now a capital crime?

Bummer.

No, violently attacking police officers, taking one of the tasers and then trying to use it on the officer is enough reason for the officer/s to shoot at the criminal... You haven't stopped lying, and haven't even admitted you didn't even try to see why the officer had to shoot the criminal, and you haven't apologized for making false allegations... Instead you continue trying to incite hatred against the police officers...

edit on 13-6-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

link   
Whatever happened to fight it in the court, not the streets?

I mean the only avenue officers have is MORE force than you, always.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Sounds like they want to fight. It might be time to give them what they want. I am getting sick of this nonsense...

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Perhaps you don't think that jumping through hoops to justify a law enforcment official's actions in a killing of a citizen qualifies as praise.

I fail to see how analyzing the situation, taking into account the speed at which things escalated, is "jumping through hoops."

"Cop bad; Gryphon66 say so" is not an intelligent response.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

a reply to: Bicent

DUI is now a capital crime?

Bummer.

Dishonestly pretending the man was killed for DUI. This is why no one treats you like an adult here. It's like talking to an autistic 8 year old. Non. Stop. Lying. All to push a narrative. Sick.

Good luck guys.

Yet, you persist in off-topic nonsense.

I responded to another poster who made the suggestion that being stopped for DUI was enough to conclude that the matter ending in another death was justified.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Whatever happened to fight it in the court, not the streets?

I mean the only avenue officers have is MORE force than you, always.

Using the courts takes lots and lots of patience.

Haven't you noticed that NO ONE has patience anymore?

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Perhaps you don't think that jumping through hoops to justify a law enforcment official's actions in a killing of a citizen qualifies as praise.

I fail to see how analyzing the situation, taking into account the speed at which things escalated, is "jumping through hoops."

"Cop bad; Gryphon66 say so" is not an intelligent response.

TheRedneck

You fail to see a good bit these days, in my opinion.

That last bit is beneath even you. Do you wish to discuss the topic rationally or not?

link   

Actually, an object in one's hand may or may not fall depending on the musculature at the time of impact. The taser hit could also cause the tazed individual to fire a gun if he were carrying one. Impossible to predict.

TheRedneck

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Way to necropost kets!

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

How about no White police officers working predominantly Black neighborhoods?

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

You fail to see a good bit these days, in my opinion.

That last bit is beneath even you. Do you wish to discuss the topic rationally or not?

You are the one not trying to discuss this rationally... You keep ignoring facts that several of us have been trying to let you know about. Instead you ignore the facts and keep lying as well as keep on trying to incite hatred, and even violence against the police officers...

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Do you wish to discuss the topic rationally or not?

I am discussing the topic rationally... with rational people.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join