It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bikers en route to chaz, to take back the city

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Not permanently, no. But there's a famous music festival incident that goes to show it might not be a good idea for the short term either.

And I'm leftist with Hell's relatives. They tend to be quite a bit more considerate and respectful of differing opinions than people think. They're mostly apolitical, because they have members on both sides of the aisle. And none's ever dared call me a soy boy to my face lol.

Restraint is not really their thing, though. That kinda makes them a bad choice to resolve the situation.

(And before anyone assumes my viewpoint on CHAZ, as a leftist, I should state it clearly: Just because I think our governments can afford to take care of vulnerable populations better, and just because I believe in re-allocating a share of police budgets to community programs, that doesn't mean I advocate for a breakdown of civic order and judicial infrastructure. There's a kind of nihilist impulse behind that naive behavior, a belief that the system is too broken to fix, and most leftists grow out of it by the end of their undergrad degree. First year Poli sci students are just as obnoxious to us. But that's just it: they're kids, playing with fire...they deserve to burn their fingers and learn a lesson, not to be immolated whole. There has to be room in your democratic system for salty kids going through a phase, because most of them grow into productive members of society eventually.)
edit on 15-6-2020 by Bent8484 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Bent8484

Nice edit. You almost forgot to make it about race, didn't you...

When the DNC called in antifa to take over Capitol sHill, it was meant to make Trump react and call in the military so they could scream and cry about his "gassing" his people. Instead, two bad MC gangs decide to team up and go in to take care of the kids who are holding several blocks hostage, but it's only a big deal when adults step up to handle the problem.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I don't think anyone here was advocating that some MC (Hells Angels or Mongols, etc) move into Seattle and assume the role of law enforcement permanently, at least I know I certainly wasn't. The sentiment being expressed was just as member pteridine stated it...to see a group of cowards who prey on the weak (physically, politically and economically), because they can get away with it, get their skulls cracked by some "real" tough guys who DGAF about anything. And, to watch these soy-boy sissies run away like the cowards they are. That was all.

No one was raising these MC gangs up on a pedestal as models of society, because they're not; most of them are outlaws by definition. I think that is pretty much universally understood.

Anyway, that was my take on it.

This. This was precisely my take as well, and I am certain the majority of people in this thread. The folks pretending otherwise are just upset that we wanted to see their commie heroes get taken down a peg or two.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Wasn't calling you anything.

Merely restating what they themselves stated in Seattle, that one of their chief complaints was they were running out of soy products.

Additionally, I'll say something I've said here in the past. I really don't think the "left vs. right" paradigm applies exactly the same way in Canada and the UK as it does here in the US. So, the fact that you say you're 'left' in Canada, doesn't necessarily have the same meaning as 'left' / 'liberal' in Seattle.

In any case, no MCs are on their way to Seattle.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

You just referred to them as kids. That kinda makes my point. Read my edit to the post just above yours, please.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bent8484
a reply to: pteridine
Those cities have Police. The State can call on Federal resources. Or has order collapsed to the point where they need the help?
Even if it weren't fake, which it is, this wouldn't be what you think it is. Hezbollah uses the same tactic in Lebanese villages, to discredit law and order and maintain recruitment, by looking more essential to local communities than legal authorities do. Here in Quebec, the Hells do free roasted chicken cook-outs. Same thing. It's pretty tasty, too. I still wouldn't want them policing my community though.

All cities have police. Some don't let them function properly and various officials collude with the rioters for their own agendas. The State can call on their own resources [National Guard] long before they need to ask for Federal help. Collapse is instigated by those who collude with rioters, actively and passively. How the unprepared idiots destroying six blocks of Capitol Hill in Seattle appear more essential eludes reason.
The freebies and charities were practiced long before by criminal elements. Look at Chicago during Prohibition and other places for modern examples.
I am waiting to see if the rioters try to destroy the Christopher Columbus statue in NYC Little Italy. When the mob was at the height of its power, the crime rate in Little Italy was surprisingly low. Any foolish bestia that would knock Nonna down and steal her purse would regret it when caught. Now, I am not sure what rioters and vandals can get away with without street punishment.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Nah, wasn't implying you had, sorry if you read it that way.

And yeah, it's true that things are pretty different, ideologically speaking, between Canada and the US right now...but I remember a time when Americans were also a bit less polarized, and a bit more willing to meet in the middle. Not that long ago...I'm thinking W Bush's first term. It's definitely a bit alarming to see what should be a battle of words turn violent.

I do think that most Americans genuinely want the best for their country and fellow citizens...I just think there's a lot of disagreement on what that is. And certain entities with vast financial resources often manipulate that disagreement to the detriment of all involved. But that stuff is conspiracy theories...

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I'm a Canadian, so I'll take a pass on debating law enforcement jurisdiction issues in the US...I don't think I know enough on that part of your system. I would think that relying on criminals to restore order is not the government's best case scenario, though.
edit on 15-6-2020 by Bent8484 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Gotcha. They certainly need their fingers burnt to learn a lesson.

FWIW, you may think of yourself as a leftist, but the way you were talking in that edit makes me think that you're not far left enough and may soon be pushed back. Just my thoughts.

Thanks for the response.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I'm a Canadian, so I'll take a pass on debating law enforcement jurisdiction issues in the US...I don't think I know enough on that part of your system. I would think that relying on criminals to restore order is not the government's best case scenario, though.

Oh, you're Canadian... Never mind then. You may not get pushed back, I didn't see Montreal in your profile... You might be safe afterall.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

It is not, of course. What will the response of the local government be? So far, there is no active response. The area is entirely D governed so we expect a great deal of pandering and dithering but this seems to have gone on far too long. Maybe they are waiting them out or are merely too faint to enforce the law. Maybe they are trying to trigger a Federal response wherein they will sacrifice some of the occupiers to claim brutal police state suppression as cause for removing the current administration. They have had no cause to impeach Trump but tried and failed, miserably. This is probably another attempt.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Yeah, totally, though sometimes I figure I'm just getting older, and the kids have their own thing going. I used to be very politically active in my twenties, and was considered pretty radical...but nowadays I'm more center left. Conservatives do have a point when it comes to government waste and inefficient taxation...

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Trump's best move would be to negotiate a peaceful ending off-camera, I think. He's not known for his tact or diplomacy, so it would blow people's minds.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

… This is probably another attempt.

That is exactly what it is! They are trying to force a federal government response so they pin it on Trump up to election time. Patently obvious!. These sorry bastages will sacrifice their own community and citizens to get rid of Trump. Their level of pure unadulterated evil knows no bounds. This level of hatred is a serious metal illness!

If Trump is smart, he will do nothing! Let the state handle it, it's a state matter. Don't let the state bait the federale's into acting!
edit on 6/15/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

… This is probably another attempt.

That is exactly what it is! They are trying to force a federal government response so they can use it as ammunition at election time. Patently obvious!.

If Trump is smart, he will do nothing! Let the state handle it, it's a state matter. Don't let the state bait the federale's into acting!

I'm beginning to believe this more and more. They want the federal response so any and all injuries, damage, and deaths can be blamed on Trump. They're likely hoping for deaths so it will help them in November.

Disgusting.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

It truly IS disgusting, and it is shameful beyond words!

That the citizens of Seattle cannot see this and recognize what is happening as a political move, over and above the greater good of their citizens, is really, really, sad.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Hell's Angels? So a degenerate bike gang is going to fight Antifa?

No winners here..

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

It's been debunked, don't worry. Scroll up.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

a reply to: blueman12

It's been debunked, don't worry. Scroll up.

Ahhh okay..

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psilocyborg
The bikers think it's Woodstock and they're going to come in and end the party.

How many Hells Angel's exist in the country? Less than 3000?

All I see is them showing up, looking tough but being vastly outnumbered. If they try to scrap, rioters will use motorcycles as rams and set them on fire.

You do realize the bikers dont play around, they tend to play for keeps. There is no such thing as posturing when you are in a club, either you are down to rumble or you aren't a member. If you are talking snip, then likely it'll be your "buddies" cleaning your clock at the end of the night, not some random. But hey, maybe CHAZ is real tough and scary,maybe they'll scare the poor bikers away... and maybe pigs will sprout wings and take flight tomorrow morning, has about the same chances of happening I guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join