It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sincere Question for the Protesters.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: GentrySociety

Protests should never be censored, defamed, inhibited, or misdirected.

That said, what we are experiencing aren't protests. They are organized attempts to create discord in the USA, and Soros is winning that battle at the moment unfortunately.

They are dismantling as much as possible of American institutions as we've known them; law enforcement, healthcare, education, etc. Also American cultural memory as such is being wiped clean and a new mythos of minorities will be the new culture heroes. Out with RE Lee and in with Malcolm X. Tomorrow's statues will reflect as much.

They seem to have no interest in a shared culture as such but only to replace it. I suppose we're in the "creative destruction" phase where the slate is wiped clean before anything new can be built.
edit on 14-6-2020 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Murder is not condoned by civilized society.

Murder committed by public employees is murder:

therefore, is should not be condoned by civilized society.

Pretty simple, actually.

I will believe it is a civil society when they stop assulting random passerby and burning down private and public property.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Why is this happening? As has been said many times now, different people involved are there for different reasons. And a common thread among most of them is that they do not understand nor have grasp on the realities of the issue they are there for. So when asked to actually explain their position, a weak response at best is usually what is recieved followed by NAZI!!!! WHITE SUPREMACIST!!! BLM!!! Etc....its the only card to play. And our media eats it up, giving credibility where its not due or propagating complete falsehoods in the pursuit of ratings disguised as a virtue signal. Im not saying anyone of any color should ever die at the hands of the police through excessive force. And the police more and more have come to resemble a military presence more than officer friendly on the block. But at the same time, if you argue and fight a cop thats contacted you for any reason, small or large, you are in the wrong and cant whine over the outcome which WILL be bad for you..and this mentality of victimhood thats been drilled into peoples heads only helps to accentuate the feeling of not taking responsibility for ones actions!!! The fact is according to the fbi, blacks were arrested for 5025 murders in 2017 and whites 4188. Yet they only make up @13% of the population. There are similar statistics with other crimes that make it understandable why a cop might look at a black man as a suspect harder than another. And thats an issue with the black community, NOT the police. And sadly an overwhelmingly liberal Democrat presence has made the rules and policies in many big cities that while cloaked as a helping hand only aid in sustaining the narrative that you cannot make it on your own if your black. That you need an advantage because you will be kept down otherwise. And sadly this narrative has come to be believed. The only systemic racist policies in government are those against non blacks through affirmative action. Again instilling the idea you cant make it through your own hard work. Asians now are limited at how many can be accepted in certain colleges. Is this how we create the best and brightest? On a curve? You can not keep score at however many sports games you want but the kids still know who won. To over get past what is being blamed as racism, the rules must ALL be equal. The black community needs to reward hard work, education and achievement over idolizing sports stars, rap artists and a culture of thugery. We must ALL take responsibility for ourselves and stop the ideology of victimhood. Identity politics needs to be seen as the dividing force it is. The past is full of wrongs done to each other. And if we hold onto that rather than learning from it and moving forward with the resolve that I am not and will not be a victim, we are done. There will always be bad people but our system is sound. Instead of division as African, Mexican, Irish, Asian, etc Americans, we need to all start realizing we are Americans. Period. And treat each other as such. Do unto others are you would want for yourself.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Peaceful Protests are one thing . organized Violence is Another . One Usually Follows the Other...........

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Have you got an answer yet?

It seems such a simple question.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Someone please help me understand. How does looting equal protesting? I suppose arson, vandalism, assault and murder could be considered violent forms of protest. But stealing is harder to sugar coat. It smacks of opportunistic greed. Anarchy.

I quickly lost all respect for the protests when I saw it happening. If the protesters had been dignified and peaceful like the civil rights marchers of the 1960s, I would have had infinitely more respect for them. MLK was a great man and leader. African American leaders today are pathetic.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace
Someone please help me understand. How does looting equal protesting? I suppose arson, vandalism, assault and murder could be considered violent forms of protest. But stealing is harder to sugar coat. It smacks of opportunistic greed. Anarchy.

I quickly lost all respect for the protests when I saw it happening. If the protesters had been dignified and peaceful like the civil rights marchers of the 1960s, I would have had infinitely more respect for them. MLK was a great man and leader. African American leaders today are pathetic.

Ever stop to think for a minute that the looters and rioters are there specifically to make you lose respect for the protests?

I’ve attended 3 protests now, 2 in Miami and one in Ft. Lauderdale. Each of them contained speakers who denounced all the riots and looting and literally begged and pleaded to not let the protests in our cities turn to that. Of course, after about 4-5 hours of peaceful protests, other people showed up and SHTF. In Ft. Lauderdale’s case, it was a cop pushing a kneeling woman over who set off a riot. The first night of protest in Miami, the protesters got in between the rioters and a CVS they were trying to destroy and stopped the looters. If you YouTube “Protesters Stop Rioters”, you’ll see it’s happening in more areas than my neck of the woods.

I suggest everyone in here so curious about these protests to get off your asses and go attend one. While you’re there, you can also see for yourself that the overwhelming majority of these protests start civil and peaceful until a few bad apples show up and ruin it all. Just the same as a few bad apple cops have ruined it for the rest of them. Just the same as a few bad apple gun owners have caused our 2nd amendment to be attacked.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Ok where do you live? Here in the USA the legacy of slavery is directly related to black people so I do not see your point. Did slavery used to be good? a reply to: 10uoutlaw

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Getting your feelings hurt is not the same as being murdered and incarcerated at an alarmining rate. a reply to: CraftyArrow

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

originally posted by: Scapegrace

Ever stop to think for a minute that the looters and rioters are there specifically to make you lose respect for the protests?

I’ve attended 3 protests now, 2 in Miami and one in Ft. Lauderdale. Each of them contained speakers who denounced all the riots and looting and literally begged and pleaded to not let the protests in our cities turn to that. Of course, after about 4-5 hours of peaceful protests, other people showed up and SHTF. In Ft. Lauderdale’s case, it was a cop pushing a kneeling woman over who set off a riot. The first night of protest in Miami, the protesters got in between the rioters and a CVS they were trying to destroy and stopped the looters. If you YouTube “Protesters Stop Rioters”, you’ll see it’s happening in more areas than my neck of the woods.

I suggest everyone in here so curious about these protests to get off your asses and go attend one. While you’re there, you can also see for yourself that the overwhelming majority of these protests start civil and peaceful until a few bad apples show up and ruin it all. Just the same as a few bad apple cops have ruined it for the rest of them. Just the same as a few bad apple gun owners have caused our 2nd amendment to be attacked.

There are more than a few bad apples at these protests. It doesn’t take a lot of searching with variations on “protest” and “looting” to see just how widespread the vandalism, violence and looting are. Very ugly. I fear for our future.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: azvol

get out and talk with the protesters if you really want to learn why and how they feel.

It's the only real way to learn.

I live in a small town. No one is protesting anything. Really not up to a road trip to do interviews.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: azvol

then you will never know what the truth is.

If your ok with letting the media tell you what they think the truth is then no worries right.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join