It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sincere Question for the Protesters.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
You say you have a sincere question for the protesters.

So why not ask a protester? Go find one and ask them your question, not us here on ATS.

Or do you think that you will find one here.

If not, then I figure it is reasonable to think that your question is not sincere.

So on ATS we don't have a single protester?

If so, then what part of America is actually protesting?

As for the question not being sincere, I think you not only don't have an answer, you are afraid of the actual answers.

In short, I think you are protesting the OP too much.

Tell me, for all the hours of the day, and all the days of the week you are on these boards, have you ever encountered any member who even claims to have gone into the streets and protested? I haven't though I admit I do not think I visit here as much as many others.

That is why I said, '' do you think you will find one here.''

As far as your other question, all I know is where media says people are protesting. I also know that in my conservative town in the a very conservative county, there have been numerous protests of hundreds of people.

And as far as answers go , sure I have my speculations and they cover a broad spectrum of reasons I think that there are people in the streets.

And am I afraid of the answers? Ha,

As for the sincerity of the original post, I read no further than the headline and the first two sentences. First sentence was an'' Im an open minded individual'' claim which is fine but which I often find to come from a closed minded individual.
And by now, after all these years on ATS we all might have a reasonable guess as to the scope of what those might be.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Every protester has their own beliefs and priorities but overall the general motive is about getting the country to realize that American police, as a whole, have continuously shown themselves to be above the law and have been above the law for years. It's not about this one incident, these 4 cops. George Floyd's murder was the catalyst that sparked the fumes which have been building for years. It's about, and has been about from the beginning, holding police as accountable for breaking the law as everyone else.

What is the end goal? It begins with increased oversight of police actions and some sort of committee that will review uses of force by police. If you use any sort of force against a suspect that results in injury or death, even if it is in obvious self-defense, your coworker buddies at the police station shouldn't be the ones investigating the incident and determining whether or not your use of force was necessary. An "Always-On, Continously Recording Body-Camera" requirement must be enacted. Shifting funding of police to higher funding of crime prevention and community service programs. These simple steps must be enforced nationwide with federal legislation.

Unfortunately, we find ourselves in a situation where half the country refuses to acknowledge a problem even exists. The whole country needs to prioritize the debate of how best to remedy the issue, but it can't happen until the rest of the country opens their eyes and recognizes there is a problem.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: GentrySociety

I would have say they want what they have been indoctrinated in to by their teachers of high learning which their teachers taught them and that is the mantra of the 60's. Tear it all down because the American system is inherently evil and all others systems are better. I remember in the 60's the revolutionaries were touting the glory of Mao Z of China and the great purge.

Tear down the old system eliminate all those who will not get on board with the new step forward. Children were turning in their parents because they would not change. Millions were eliminated the key was capture the heart and souls of the young and that is whats happening today the children have been fead the lie all their lives that the American system is inherently evil and must be torn down. And that is what were seeing today. If these young people gain control a new America purge will happen.
edit on 13-6-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   

They would like the police to stop hitting people please.
The police have responded with shows of force, hitting them, gassing them and generally acting like assholes.
They have proven their point, the police don't get that and keep illustrating their point.
Seriously - why do the US police have so much surplus US Army equipment? Why the hell do they have armoured cars and grenade launchers and bayonets? And why do they keep killing more black Americans than white ones?
I am British. The police in the USA scare me. Seriously, I do not trust them. I've travelled to the USA repeatedly on business and your police scare the crap out of me. They are rude, use force too often and are unable to be polite.
edit on 13-6-2020 by AngryCymraeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman
Every protester has their own beliefs and priorities but overall the general motive is about getting the country to realize that American police, as a whole, have continuously shown themselves to be above the law and have been above the law for years. It's not about this one incident, these 4 cops. George Floyd's murder was the catalyst that sparked the fumes which have been building for years. It's about, and has been about from the beginning, holding police as accountable for breaking the law as everyone else.

This is not the first time this has happened......

Dallas police body camera footage released this week after a three-year legal fight shows a 32-year-old man’s last moments after he was pinned to the ground by officers.The video footage shows how responding officers restrained Mr. Timpa as he pleaded for them to let him go.
“You’re going to kill me,” he shouted repeatedly.
www.nytimes.com...

and therefor it must be a legitimate/legal method of restraint?

Where was the outcry for this man?

Oh!! sorry he was not black.

Unfortunately, we find ourselves in a situation where half the country refuses to acknowledge a problem even exists.

Which half would that be?

The whole country needs to prioritize the debate of how best to remedy the issue, but it can't happen until the rest of the country opens their eyes and recognizes there is a problem.

Problem is there is no problem.......unless...... the victim is considered a

minority.

Problem will be solved when everyone is treated the same, and no

exceptions made to placate the sjw's and do-gooder's of every hue.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Ummm...they...?

From my observations...”they”...are primarily white...skin apologizers...on bended knee...apologizing for being...”white”...

It’s the same group of hissy-fits that always protest any and everything...from the one percenters...as they get their marching orders from the one percenters...to the election of President Trump...and now this latest faux outrage...

That’s who...”they”...are...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I'm not one but I think their protesting everything that they feel has been done to the black community for the last few 100 years.
slavery, the burning of black wall street, the cia pushing crack on their kids, the killing of not just floyd but garner and the others whos names I don't remember. Lot of other stuff that I'm sure a black person could tell you about in detail.

This is just the last straw so to speak.

I didn't even know about black wall street till this recent protest started. What happened there is worthy of protesting about. imo.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

What their saying is that if the guy had been white the cops would have taken more care with him and he would not have died.
Their saying the cops see black people as expendable in most cases because they were trained to see them that way.

That's what a guy at the protest here told me.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I have asked actual protesters question about what they were doing. Two of them. Not a huge sample I know, but at least I get a glimpse.

Both are young and decent people. However, they were unable to articulate much. Not unusual for kids that age. I do not doubt they have good intentions but I wish they did a little more homework.

If these two want to exercise their 1A, more power to them. I do not like them and their naivete being used for an ends beyond their understanding at this point in their life.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

How many times have you seen these tanks and grenade launchers in your travels to the US?

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: Lumenari

What is race?

ALL BS!

I’ve supposedly got 80 years.

What’s the point of skin color?

A means to a political end of horse sh!t.

Interestingly, I want out of this sh!t! Yet... all I meet — is good people.

Crazy pills

In med school my black instructor pricked my finger, then hers.

"What color blood do you see?" Red. Both of the same race...the "human" race.

That left a huge impression with me

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

It’s a shame more folks from BOTH sides dont realize this and remove the (sides) aspect of it all.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I'm not one but I think their protesting everything that they feel has been done to the black community for the last few 100 years.
slavery, the burning of black wall street, the cia pushing crack on their kids, the killing of not just floyd but garner and the others whos names I don't remember. Lot of other stuff that I'm sure a black person could tell you about in detail.

I didn't even know about black wall street till this recent protest started. What happened there is worthy of protesting about. imo.

You do recall who the citizens of the U.S.A. elected president from 2008-2016, right? Not the action of a raciest country; racism IN the country? Of course, there is racism in every country at some level. In this country I’d venture a guess that on a per capita basis, the number of white and black racists are more or less equal.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

What are the protesters actually protesting?

What it's ALL really about ?

No matter how much lipstick they put on their traitous rears ?

Is losing the 2016 election.

BLM/ANTIFA is just the militant arm of the the political party that lost.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

I have asked actual protesters question about what they were doing. Two of them. Not a huge sample I know, but at least I get a glimpse.
Both are young and decent people. However, they were unable to articulate much. Not unusual for kids that age. I do not doubt they have good intentions but I wish they did a little more homework.

At that stage in their lives their only aim is to be with the 'in crowd'

they crave the acceptance of their peers, haven't learned to think out

of the box or to put their brain into gear before opening their mouths.

If these two want to exercise their 1A, more power to them. I do not like them and their naivete being used for an ends beyond their understanding at this point in their life.

And that is why I hope they never lower the age to vote......so malleable

and easily led by the unscrupulous!!

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

I do not like them and their naivete being used for an ends beyond their understanding at this point in their life.

I think this is a deep concern, people who have good intentions being ''used'' for reasons that are either beyond their understanding and/or reasons they are not willing to address.

And even as I have this concern as well, I also consider that at least some of the motivation to go out and protest by these people is similar to the motivation that brings throngs of people to Trump rallies. People WANT to feel relevant. People are tired of ''watching'' world events and want to be active in them. I see this as part of a process of self development, of a person wanting to grow out of their life of just ''being'' and into a life of ''doing''

There are sweeping changes upon our nation and our world. I'm an old man now and these changes, though rooted in decades and centuries long social conditions, are upon us now. And lots of us feel this. Many of us can see it but not always from the same perspective.

Then of course there are those yahoos who just want to hit the streets and party.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Okay, I'm going to take this post and combine it with your next post responding to Lumineri and respond to both of them at once, okay. I'm going to break down each of them because I think they are worthy of response here on ATS.

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Okay, noted.

slavery,

Slavery ended over a century ago. It doesn't exist today. So, several points here. First, slavery cannot be undone. It is simply not possible to undo history. No matter what anyone says or does, it cannot be undone. The notion that money somehow solves this problem is ridiculous, and borne out of greed and entitlement mentality. Slavery cannot be erased, so regardless of any reparations (forgetting for a moment even the requirement to prove damages 4-5 generations later) it will never be enough. Why? Because it will always exist, money cannot erase it.

Secondly, until the African American community is willing to embrace the "whole" slavery picture, including the fact that their own ancestors were involved in the rounding up, profiting from and transporting of slaves to America, and are willing to square this with whatever reparation measures, no one will ever take them seriously. Why? Because it's racist.

the burning of black wall street,

Admittedly, I had to actually look this up. It was a tragedy indeed and certainly an injustice. And, like slavery, this event happened in a different time, but also like slavery it cannot be undone. What right could ever right this wrong? (Serious question!) What agreement could ever make the people who cannot forgive this the ability to let it go? Forget what the measure is. Would the wholesale extermination of all non-black Americans be enough? Would giving the present day Wall St. and all its money to the African American people be enough? And how would this genocide of non-blacks be any different than the holocausts under Hitler? Wouldn't that make the victors just as bad as Hitler?

Do you see where this is headed? I'm not arguing, I'm trying to provide a rational and objective response.

the cia pushing crack on their kids,

Now this is an important one. Why? Because it illustrates how rumor can become reality in some people's minds. Call it 'piling on' or whatever. If you read any of my posts here, you will know I am very anti-3 letter federal agencies. I believe the CIA is out of control. I also have every reason to believe the CIA has been involved in a lot of really bad stuff, including funding black operations through illicit activities such as drugs. Okay? So let's get that out.

Now, let's look at the reality of this. It may be real, but has there ever been one shred of proof the CIA or anyone else specifically targeted the black community with drugs like crack...because they were black? Or was it more about money, regardless of where this money came from? In truth, it was the latter, but it just so happened some communities were more affected by this than others. Further, it conveniently overlooks countless 'experiments' the CIA and other 3 letter agencies perpetrated on whites, Asians and numerous other cultural elements within the US. Experiments like MK ULTRA and many others. So, things can't be looked at in isolation like the black communities were the only ones targeted by the 3 letter agencies, because the simple fact is, this is not accurate.

the killing of not just floyd but garner and the others whos names I don't remember. Lot of other stuff that I'm sure a black person could tell you about in detail.

Once again, we cannot look at things in isolation, that's not a fair characterization of what is happening in the real world. Is there a bias in law enforcement? Maybe there is, but it doesn't always slant towards the black community. And police don't only kill black people.

Now we're getting to some of the meat of the issue. Last straw for what? A war on law enforcement? I mean, surely no rational person (and no, the 'protesters' are not rational) believes that the elimination of cops altogether is a good thing, that crime will suddenly vanish if there's no cops. That's just crazy talk. What about Genocide of whites and 100% wealth transfer? Will that be enough? Enslavement of whites? What? What will be enough?

What happened there, happened in 1921. Nothing can undo it. What good will protesting about it now accomplish? It is history now which cannot be altered.

Now I'd like to move on to your response to Lumenri…

What their saying is that if the guy had been white the cops would have taken more care with him and he would not have died.

Perhaps this is true, but it's more accurate to say "Chauvin might have taken more care with him", not cops in general. Don't forget, these two knew each other. They may have had long standing issues, we simply don't know. Chauvin doesn't represent all cops, just like Floyd doesn't represent all African Americans. What happened was wrong, no argument.

Forget race for a moment; Chauvin was arrested, and he has been charged with Murder. He will be tried, and IMO likely convicted. What else should have been done? Should Chauvin have been executed on the spot and then hung on the nearest light pole? What would have been good enough? What else could have been done??? What else would have been acceptable? Again, a serious question.

Their saying the cops see black people as expendable in most cases because they were trained to see them that way.

You left the best part for last. You do realize the Chief of the Minneapolis Police Department is African American, right? You suggest there is an endemic bias against blacks in the MPD because that's how they were trained. Who do you think is in charge of all this training you refer to? It would be the Chief of Police. In fact, Chief Medaria Arradondo, sued the MPD in 2007 for racial discrimination and was awarded nearly a three quarters of a million dollars in damages before he became Chief. If anyone was going to truly fix racial bias related to training in the MPD it would be him! Right?

That's what a guy at the protest here told me.

Like everything, there's always more to the story.

In any case, and at the end of the day, the operative question is...what will ever be "enough"?

I honestly don't think there's a limit, and nothing will ever be enough, and the hate will just move to the next news byte and that will be the cause. You just have to keep asking yourself...how much is enough???

edit on 6/13/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: spacedoubt

Ummm...they...?

From my observations...”they”...are primarily white...skin apologizers...on bended knee...apologizing for being...”white”...

It’s the same group of hissy-fits that always protest any and everything...from the one percenters...as they get their marching orders from the one percenters...to the election of President Trump...and now this latest faux outrage...

That’s who...”they”...are...

YouSir

And?
Are you saying there are white people want black lives to matter?
The horror, the horror.

edit on 13-6-2020 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ras321

Slavery has been around for thousands of years and knows no color or sex . it is not just blacks .

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw

Slavery has been around for thousands of years and knows no color or sex . it is not just blacks .

Tongue firmly in cheek...... Wives?

Sorry couldn't resist!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join