It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official: Minneapolis City Council Votes Unanimously to Abolish Police

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I'm a little confused here.

George Floyd was murdered by a cop while three others assisted. There's a public outcry that wants the cops arrested and charged. The killer cop and the three accomplices were arrested and charged. Investigations are ongoing. Now the city is so upset over that killing, they are firing the people doing the investigations.

Am I missing something here? Did Derek Chauvin just get to walk free?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I can't wait till the Minneapolis Raz ascends to power and starts beating and terrorizing leftists with zero life experience or skills to fight back.

edit on 12-6-2020 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The only people who go to jail now are those that the revolution decides go to jail.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Just imagine the new tourist campaign for Minneapolis.

What happens in Minneapolis stays in Minneapolis because you will be dead before you can leave.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
So, it IS about getting rid of the police. Well gosh thats not what I heard a few days ago. Enjoy your sh!thole, Minn.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   

"Did Derek Chauvin just get to walk free?" ISDK but he better hope he's not still in Minneapolis or we gonna see ourselves a good ol fashioned killin!
edit on 12-6-2020 by BoscoMoney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I Just had a nice conversation with a few Japanese people whom believe, and stated that a majority of Japanese people think Democrats are being paid by the CCP to implement the goals of the CCP in the U.S.

According to those Japanese people, whom were discussing this topic with me, the same thing is happening with Japanese politicians being paid by the CCP to implement Communist Chinese agendas in countries like the U.S. and Japan.

it seems that a lot of good people are waking up to the reality of these goals/agendas. I wonder how much money did Jenny Durkan get from the CCP, and from Soros, to allow what is happening in Seattle.

edit on 13-6-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   
BTW, it seems that the decision of Seattle's Mayor, Jenny Durkan, to allow the violence and crimes, which have tripled in Seattle, came as a decision made by Durkan because progressive/democrat leaders were threatening her to either resign, or to be removed by the city council.

by Rich Smith • Jun 5, 2020 at 6:00 pm

ome progressive leaders and local Democrats have a signed an open letter demanding her removal from office. LESTER BLACK

A couple dozen (at the moment) local leaders have signed an open letter demanding the resignation or removal of Mayor Jenny Durkan for her "failure to stop the Seattle Police Department from engaging in violence against its residents; for her failure to protect the safety of our communities, specifically our Black community, the homeless, and peaceful protesters; and for violating the accepted standards of our community by excusing and defending the violence used against our families, friends, and neighbors," they write.

"Mayor Durkan has repeatedly proven that she is either unwilling or unable to exercise control over the Seattle Police Department," the letter continues. "Mayor Durkan has failed to uphold the values of the Democratic Party, has willfully violated her duty to keep the people of Seattle safe, her duty to direct and control all subordinate officers of the City, and her duty to maintain peace and order in the City. For all of these reasons Seattle Mayor Durkan must resign or be removed."

Progressive Leaders Call for Mayor Jenny Durkan to Resign, or for the Council to Remove Her

So, it isn't only her allowing this violence and riots to continue.

edit on 13-6-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   
cdllife.com... 211ZSlzqWYcz4PAYUoIIa3c

As cities across the country are discussing defunding or disbanding their police departments, truck drivers are voicing concerns of safety. Seventy-seven percent of truck drivers say they will refuse to deliver freight to cities with defunded police departments. Truck driving is historically ranked as one of the most dangerous jobs in the country. In 2018, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistic reported truck driving as the most deadly job in the country. Truck drivers have spent the last year on the front line of a global pandemic and protests. Now many are fearful of what might happen if police departs disband or are defunded. Truck drives have been voicing their concerns on the CDLLife App. After reading about their concerns, CDLLife posted a poll on the app. We asked drivers on the app, “Would you pick up/deliver to cities with defunded or disbanded police departments? Why or why not?” To date, 77% of drivers say they will refuse loads to cities with disbanded or defunded police departments.

so its kind of like an internal poll but if this ends up getting teeth and the truckers actually go through with it the jokes about Minneapolis being like Somalia may end up being some what accurate ,as if the numbers do end up being close to 77% of truckers saying they wont do the job out of safety concerns things could get really bad really fast.and unlike a lot of other jobs getting "replacement" scabs so to speak would be a good deal harder with the licensing requirements that come with a CDL let alone if the trucking union decides to stand with the truckers. only group i can think of that could try to fill the void would be the Nat guard but the locals seemed to not be fans of them last time

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

So the world of lawlessness begins....

I’m already perturbed.

Let these Mofos in my hood!

Be careful what you wish for.

Dialed.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   
"Never kill a black person for any reason". First of all, that's some racist crap right there. I just can't believe this country right now. So other races are okay then? So if they kill the mexican guy, no biggie, just not the black people.

Additionally, what kind of message is that going to send to black criminals. "You can't touch me". That would put authorities, whatever that means anymore, at serious risk and disadvatage.
edit on 13-6-2020 by notquiteright because: Spelling

edit on 13-6-2020 by notquiteright because: Typo

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

camden is all about the narrative, it all looks good on the surface but in reality its just a facade created to appease critics, despite all the praise the population shrank, gentrification expanded, affordable housing shrank, minorities lost influence over the community, crime rates went back to normal after spiking, violent crimes go unreported, corruption has ran rampant in the new ccpd, police brutality and abuse of power is still an issue, the new ccpd costs more, etc

what minneapolis is attempting isn't going to solve anything, it'll only be an act of appeasement that calms people down and does nothing.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

I'm foreseeing Corporate owned cities, (pretty much that way anyway, they just need to stamp it)

Corporate owned logistics, security, job assignments, and housing.

The angle of "if they won't do it, we can and we can do it cheaper and more efficiently." Or something to that affect.

The amount of feces that's about to be thrown around will be indescribable.

But this is ATS, so we'll still give it a go!

Good luck you schmucks! Your change is nothing short of a trickle down takeover of this country if you can get away with it.

!!Spoiler Alert!! ....you won't.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Now they want to come up with "a new public safety model", which will include not using pepper spray against angry/violent protestors, no guns being brandished by whomever the new "public safety model officers" will be, and no black person EVER being killed. Even if that person is a hard core criminal...

This literally sounds fantastic.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

The people of Minneapolis better flee and quickly. Better to abandon the city then to be killed and have murderers coddled by social workers instead of any form of justice.

This is the Democratic Party 100% and an example of what will happen to the entire USA if Biden wins. This is quite clear.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Dude would have been home free in Ohio. We emptied our prisons of murderers, rapists and child molesters so they didn’t get the Covid and so there was room for hairdressers and restauranteurs that started back up early...

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
camden is all about the narrative, it all looks good on the surface but in reality its just a facade created to appease critics, despite all the praise the population shrank, gentrification expanded, affordable housing shrank, minorities lost influence over the community, crime rates went back to normal after spiking, violent crimes go unreported, corruption has ran rampant in the new ccpd, police brutality and abuse of power is still an issue, the new ccpd costs more, etc

Sources?

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
I Just had a nice conversation with a few Japanese people whom believe, and stated that a majority of Japanese people think Democrats are being paid by the CCP to implement the goals of the CCP in the U.S.

According to those Japanese people, whom were discussing this topic with me, the same thing is happening with Japanese politicians being paid by the CCP to implement Communist Chinese agendas in countries like the U.S. and Japan.

it seems that a lot of good people are waking up to the reality of these goals/agendas. I wonder how much money did Jenny Durkan get from the CCP, and from Soros, to allow what is happening in Seattle.

Check out our colleges and probably most of the politicians on the west coast. All of em are getting rich off of the CCP!

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Nah. Minneapolis' actions are not specifically Democrat or any of the rest of the list of partisan enemies you posted.

Further, your claim that voting Democrat in the rest of the country mean supports for what the Minneapolis City Council does is frankly just silly.

Here's what the City Council actually did:

he Minneapolis City Council on Friday unanimously passed a resolution to create a "transformative new model for cultivating safety" following the death of George Floyd in police custody last month. The vote comes days after nine of the city's 13 council members announced their intent to disband the city's police department.

The resolution kicks off a year-long process of "community engagement, research, and structural change to create a transformative new model for cultivating safety in our city."

Based on what happened to George Floyd and others, it seems like Minneapolis desperately needs to reform things.

And finally, of course, American cities and States were commanded by President Trump to take steps to resolve their problems on threat of miliary action ... and now when they do, they're slammed for that as well.

Apparently the ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES OF THE PEOPLE OF MINNEAPOLIS are moving forward with solutions:

The council's resolution makes clear that the death of George Floyd has pushed reform alone off the table: "No amount of reforms will prevent lethal violence and abuse by some members of the Police Department against members of our community, especially Black people and people of color."

"Decades of police reform efforts have not created equitable public safety in our community, and our efforts to achieve transformative public safety will not be deterred by the inertia of existing institutions, contracts, and legislation," reads the resolution; which also quotes Angela Davis in stating: "In a racist society, it is not enough to be non-racist. We must be anti-racist."

Rather than trying to incorporate this into a political narrative, it seems to me, we should support any efforts to make things better for everyone in Minneapolis especially those of us who believe in local autonomy, States Rights and the US Constitution. Call me crazy.

Source: CBS News
edit on 13-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
So...they plan a year long adventure in morality one-up-manship to develop a replacement.

If I were a voter in MSP, I would be concerned on their horse and cart placement. Maybe a plan ahead of time (this issue was long standing per their words, no?) before calling for the dismantling of the police?

You know, present it to the citizens for their input? Sort of that whole 'power to the people' vibe they thrive on? Instead, MSP gets 'here is your option' and do not expect any details from us until enough bureaucratic inertia and media saturation has developed to numb your soul and cloud your judgement.

Personally, I am open to LE reform or restructuring or whatever we want to call it. But this just smells like a tax payer dollar bonfire and one trick ponies stoking the coals.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join