It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for a Road Trip?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Minneapolis City Council Unanimously Votes to Replace Police With Community-Based Alternative
The Minneapolis City Council has unanimously passed a veto-proof resolution pledging to replace the city’s police department with a community-led public safety system.

Minneapolis City Council decision

So, I wonder how much of Minneapolis will be left by 2021.

And I wonder how many people will be charged with Impersonating Police.

Is it time to take a Road Trip to see Minneapolis before it is ruined?
edit on 12-6-2020 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc.

And I wonder how many people will be charged with Impersonating Police.

None - who's going to charge them?

How long will it be before the Minneapolis Police stop showing up for work?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Wow. These people are nuts. I'm glad I don't live there. This sounds like the kind of thing that might end up with vigilantes and mob justice. Just crazy stuff. If people think police are not fair they're going to really hate mob rule.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
So here you have it. If you read between the lines, it's THE THOUGHT POLICE

They don't want to wait until someone does something criminal. They want to punish bad thoughts. The things they are discussing in that article are (in some cases) not actual crimes so would not even be addressed by police in the first place. So what they are actually proposing to do is changing the rules and basically throwing the whole "innocent until proved guilty" system out the window.

Can you say "Out of the frying pan into the fire"?
edit on 12-6-2020 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2020 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Does anyone know how for out from Minneapolis that I need to mark the minimal safe distance for the disaster going on there on my paper map? I try to keep known danger spots marked on it like nuclear reactors in case things go really bad.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
LOL...it's gonna' be pretty funny when one of Minneapolis' largest employers, Delta Airlines, decides to shut their doors as a result of this!! Delta has been itchin' to shut down MSP since their merger with Northwest way back in the early 2000's, and has had a full court press on shutting down this hub since retiring the NWA brand in 2009. This will be a GREAT excuse!

BUH BYE...12,000 jobs!!! SEE YA...Major maintenance base! SIANORA...IT headquarters! LOL!! The loss in tax revenue alone will be staggering! LOL!!

SEE YA!!...WOULDN'T WANT TO BE YA!!

LOLOLOLOL *snort* LOLOL *smackin' leg* LOLOLOLOL!!!

OMG...I can't believe how stupid people are!!

Oh, and guess who is Minnesota's #1 employer??? Target! The same place which the looters love to hit, and now there's no cops! LOLOLOLOL!! OMG this is funny!! Guess who's next on the list??? United Healthcare; do you think one of the biggest healthcare providers in the US is going to keep their HQ there...with no cops???? LOLOL **choke-gasp** LOL *gag* LOL *snort* LOLOLOLOLOL!!

Together, those three employers represent nearly 75,000 jobs! 75,000 people who pay state payroll taxes, who pay land taxes, sales taxes, and all manner of other taxes...and that's just the tax part. Now think about all the lost revenue from those people not spending money because they don't have a job and move out of state!!!

It's SHOCKING how stupid this move is!!

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

How far?? Well, how far can a beat up 1987 Cadillac DeVille driving on a donut and 3/4 tank of stolen gas drive??

There's your answer!

SMH! (not at you).

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I wonder who is going to be collecting taxes. Don't pay. What are they going to do?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
I wonder who is going to be collecting taxes. Don't pay. What are they going to do?

Do you mean: 'Will there be a Protection Racket?'

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Cant get out of the ghetto? Make the WHOLE world one. Insanity.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This is disturbing on so many levels.
Worse, it will spread like a plague.

Other cities will follow, and they have
been stacking the city councils with
people who will do this.

If you live there get out now.
Make sure you move to a known
quantity city. Conservative,
Red State with Republicans.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc
This sounds like the beginning to an 80's sci/fi movie, ala' Escape from New York.
edit on 13amSat, 13 Jun 2020 03:41:16 -0500k6416313000000 by darkwingduck because: sp

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

I had no idea that eating lead paint chips was so rampant in the past. At least now we know who ate them.

new topics

top topics

join