It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are we going to do about Seattle ?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

"REMOVE RACIST STATUES"

Although technically, I think the Weeping Angels hated everyone. Don't Blink!

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

He's a cartoon, Blaine. He's a figure created by the media.

I keep hearing you guys talk about all the people in the zone who are being mistreated, yet, I read their blogs, their social media, and it seems to me that most of the business owners and others who live there are in support of the "CHAZ" protests.

Seattle is very liberal in a fairly moderate State. You're making appeals to emotion by trying to conflate the CHAZ actions to the riots and so forth across the country. It's not the same thing. As far as the deaths, at my last count, there has been two associated with the protests and both were shot by individuals not proven to be part of the protests.

As far as the rest ... I don't disagree about the property damage. I don't think the owners should have to clean up. I don't think arson or looting or rioting is the correct response to the trigger of another Black man being executed in the streets by police ... but I'm only speaking for myself. Apparently, some folks are not going to be pushed any more.

They're not a country unto themselves. Jesus Christ. It's like three blocks square. It's temporary, I'm sure, while the FBI is dealing with the credible threats from serious actors which supposedly instigated the pull back from the precinct house.

Sometimes, even liberals are working behind the scenes to do the right thing.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Most of the folks who live in China love the place, too.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Most of the folks who live in China love the place, too.

So with that logic, you feel that we should invade China to liberate the ignorant?

Ignorant in your terms at least?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Do ? Well , how about making Another Snake Plissken Movie ? Say ,

" Escape From Seattle " , the New Feel Good Movie of the Year................

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Who said anything about ignorant besides you.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Sometimes, even liberals are working behind the scenes to do the right thing.

There is that.

Do you think businesses appreciate it. First Covid and then having to deal with never ending protest. There are many victims out there ignored by the media.

I support the peaceful protests myself, but that does not include people occupying a neighborhood, no matter the size. I don't support destroying businesses and even peaceful protest does that if goes on and on and on. Enough already. The point was well made over a week ago. Anything past that is insane and it's time for the adults to step in, Right and Left. You are aware I'm not a partisan right? I could not care less about the Republicans or Democrats.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Following up on a point Blaine brought up ... here's the folks who have died during the Floyd protests (at least as of June 3.)

Twelve people ... most of the dead are Black and several were peaceful protesters.

Forbes

David Dorn was killed by looters. Dave Patrick Underwood (the security guard) was killed by drive-by shooters.

The others are a mix of protesters killed in various scenarios.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

..." most of the dead are Black and several were peaceful protesters. "

Geez Gryp , I could Swear I saw you on CNN the other Day . Are You one of their Reporters > ? ..Hmm.......

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

And how many people have seen their livelihoods either walk out the door or broken windows or go up in flames or both?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Oh, my PERSONAL view? I think it's ludicrous. I'm much farther toward the center than to appreciate all this crunchy-granola crap. I'm very concerned if the reports of armed gangs extorting money from citizens or merchants are true. If that's really happening, and Seattle PD can't handle it, then the Mayor should ask the Governor for State support up to and including the National Guard.

That's my take. The Federal Government has ZERO reason to intervene in a State's local law enforcement in this scenario.

edit on 12-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

And how many people have seen their livelihoods either walk out the door or broken windows or go up in flames or both?

I don't know. Do you? I'm not okay in any sense with property destruction, but I'm more concerned about police state tactics to deal with it. The poison is in the dose.

What does that have to do with the CHAZ protest?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

What do the 12 dead in the nationwide protests have to do with the CHAZ protests? They didn't die in CHAZ, and neither did either of those cops for that matter.

I thought we were addressing a wider concern.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Sorry, had some crisis to deal with.

(I got stuck in my Hov-a-Round)

Are the good people enjoying their new freedoms with the glorious revolution of *chuckles* The CHAZ?

Have the renounced elitists yet?

Have they created a Politburo?

What's their new flag look like?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I agree, it's actually a city issue right now. No need for Feds or National Guard. The police just need leaders who will let them do their jobs.

I have a lot of empathy for the silent victims. The businesses who dare not speak out or defend their own property. The homeowners who may not agree who can't do anything to get rid of unwanted people blocking roads and making a mess.

One would hope they all sue the hell out of the city for not protecting them and win. It stopped being real protest a week ago. Now it's just nuts with nothing better to do.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I agree, it's actually a city issue right now. No need for Feds or National Guard. The police just need leaders who will let them do their jobs.

I have a lot of empathy for the silent victims. The businesses who dare not speak out or defend their own property. The homeowners who may not agree who can't do anything to get rid of unwanted people blocking roads and making a mess.

One would hope they all sue the hell out of the city for not protecting them and win. It stopped being real protest a week ago. Now it's just nuts with nothing better to do.

99.9% agreement with what you just said. Sue the city and vote out the Mayor and the Governor for that matter.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

You know the CHAZ stuff and the protests across the country are part of the same tree?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Gryph, you have a PM

link   

What do the 12 dead in the nationwide protests have to do with the CHAZ protests? They didn't die in CHAZ, and neither did either of those cops for that matter.

I thought we were addressing a wider concern.

As I said in my post that you're referring to, the number of dead was brought up between Blaine and I just above in terms of the conflation of the CHAZ protest with the wider issue of the Floyd riots.

I misspoke in my response to Blaine and so I looked up the facts and corrected my claim of two dead.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

" I thought we were addressing a wider concern ? "

Yes , it's Called Anarchy ....

18 U.S. Code § 2385.Advocating overthrow of Government ...

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or

Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or

Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

If two or more persons conspire to commit any offense named in this section, each SHALL BE FINED under this title OR IMPRISONED not more than TWENTY YEARS, Or BOTH, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

As used in this section, the terms “organizes” and “organize”, with respect to any society, group, or assembly of persons, include the recruiting of new members, the forming of new units, and the regrouping or expansion of existing clubs, classes, and other units of such society, group, or assembly of persons.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808; July 24, 1956, ch. 678, § 2, 70 Stat. 623; Pub. L. 87–486, June 19, 1962, 76 Stat. 103; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(N), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148.)

edit on 12-6-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join