It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are we going to do about Seattle ?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The new Post-Schar School poll also found that a large majority of Americans, 74 percent, generally back the protests — a trend that extended even to Republicans, 53 percent of whom support them.

The split in the polls on whether the protests were violent or peaceful is striking. The Post-Schar School survey found that 43 percent believe that the protests were mostly violent and that an identical share think they were mostly peaceful. Opinions diverge sharply by ideology, with 70 percent of liberals saying they were mostly peaceful and 60 percent of conservatives concluding they were mostly violent. In fairness, a majority (66 percent) thought that neither the police nor the protesters but “other people acting irresponsibly” were responsible for the violence.

Wash ington Post

Morning Consult

You fell victim for word games .

I support the protest over what happened to George Floyd .

Here’s the link to the actual poll from some group I’ve never heard of .

The information in the op-ed you linked was Cherrypicked did you even bother to check your sources ?
News for the gullible

Now let’s get back on topic do you have a poll on the way people feel about seizing partial control of a city ?

edit on 12-6-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The all-powerful CHAZ has now submitted a list of Demands to Washington's governor and Seattle's mayor.

twitter.com...

I'm sure the governor and mayor will willingly comply.

Honestly, they just might!

They have a city council member who is proposing leaving the
"terrorists" in control indefinitely.

www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

The Simone guy is quite a character, eh?

The altercation in which he and his two (or three) buddies accosted a teenaged kid tagging a building.

Yeah, totally off the chart.

Send in the National Guard, Rapper Raz is about to take over the country. Source

Let's be real for a second: Raz is not the leader of the CHAZ, he's not a warlord, and aside from assaulting a kid tagging a building (which later was "hugged out" and now he's going to mentor) and carrying his AK (and is it a coincidence at all that he's an "armed thug" rather than a "Second Amendment Patriot"?

Yet, this guy is what the media is focusing on. That doesn't set off any alarm bells for any of you conpsiracy theorists out there? At what point is anyone goign to realize that this crap from the pandemic, to the Floyd execution to the protests to the riots to the CHAZ are nothing more than media-driven theatre.

What danger does Raz present to the United States of America? Are we going to laugh ourselves collectively to death?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Nope. There was a claim earlier that 80% of Americans in "aggregated polls" support using military forces against rioters.

I asked for a link to those "aggregated polls" and none was forthcoming.

What we see in the several polls I linked is that the number was at most 52% for military force against "violence" riots, and so forth.

All I did was present evidence. All you've done is make statements that aren't factual in response, thanks for the link to the actual poll, but it doesn't show anything different from the claim in the article I linked ... so what's your point?

The topic is "what are we going to do about Seattle." Military force is under discussion; as far as I can see, a poll about that issue, especially countering disinformation presented earlier, is right on target.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
If I was a business owner, in an occupied area, hell, I would be calling to have the utilities turned off!!!! I'd be calling the local tax assessor's office telling them I won't be paying taxes, calling my insurance company telling them I'm barred from providing proper care and custody of my business and authorities refuse to assist and to consider my business and it's contents a total loss, I'd be calling the Mayor's office saying I would no longer be paying sales tax as I intend to dissolve my business in the City if the City refuses to enforce the law. I'd be contacting all my lenders to tell them to contact my attorney and local officials as to why I am unable to make payments or debt service, through no fault of my own. I'd be contacting my attorney to sue the City and the State for loss of revenue due to failure to enforce published statutes, crimes and general mayhem. I'd be contacting every one of my district and state representatives and telling them I was leaving their district/jurisdiction due to their failure to act as my representative.

I would copy the Mayor and the Governor on every single correspondence to document it.

You see, there are a LOT of things "People" at the local level can do to stop this nonsense...IF they want to! But you know what...they don't want to! No, they want daddy gubmint to come in and help them...always.

Bottom line, nobody is serious in this whole event. Nobody. If they were...they'd be DOING something about it on ALL sides! (not just letting the MSM sing the blues for them)!

Screw 'em...let Seattle burn, rot, fester and starve...until the leadership of Seattle and the state of Washington want to do something about it because it's so damn embarrassing they can't do anything else (except run away, which won't get them elected again). Let the feces pile up, let the people scream about hunger and their tofu wraps (honestly, I can't really believe tofu wraps are an issue when homeless people will eat cat food!), or whatever. Power, water, sewer, communications and later this year gas, are all important utilities. When the business owners refuse to pay, these utilities will be stopped, shut off. Period. What then, "protesters"? What's your plan then??????? Answer ---- You don't have one! Period.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: Gryphon66

You really don’t get the difference. If a political party in the USA holds enough power, it can investigate the other party. Or the FBI in the USA is ideally free to investigate any party if there is probable cause.

In a truly one party system, you do the parties bidding. If you fail, the full force of the government is brought down. And your out. With no rights. Often ending in strange accidents, political prison, or political death sentences.

He knows, he's just being difficult and opposing your view for the fun of it. It's kind of like feeding the gremlins, don't do it after midnight.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Amazing. That's city council member should show solidarity by volunteering to live within the zone.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Question...…..Why do all these "Occupy" movements start in late May, or early June??? Ever ask yourself that? You should!!

Because this gives them the maximum protest time before the weather turns ugly, before times get tough in fall and winter. Times when it get's COOOLD on their little feets, and it rains on their stupid stuff...and it just sucks outside. So hey, they just protest when the weather is nice...and...every...single...time...when the weather turns south the "protesters" just magically disappear!

Tell me I'm wrong! Occupy Wall St., anyone???? Ferguson??? You name the city...if it's winter, they ain't riotin'...they're suckin' the gubmint teat!!

It's a ruse! Screw these knuckleheads, and anyone who falls for their opportunist ruse! They're just a bunch of hippy panhandlers looking for some attention...Floyd be damned!!

ETA - When I see "CHAZ" camped out in their "Autozone" in November snows through March...I "might" start paying attention, but until then...they're just a bunch of lefty hippies!

edit on 6/12/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Seattle has 744 thousand citizens. Are most of them on the side of c h a z?

It seems that most of the complaints are coming from people who do not live there.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: ketsuko
Now the mayor is calling these children who say they are no longer part of the US "patriots". I think the mayor has missed something in this dialogue.

It is the same way the US was founded, so it is an apt description.

Or was that time peeps showed up, took land without asking, "different"?

Oh snap. We were supposed to ignore that. One national outrage at a time please.

Not really. Since the Native Americans fought back, we can fight back too.

They fought back against invaders who were attacking and dehumanizing their nation. Only this past year did Columbus Day finally get renamed in their honor, and small recompense it is.

Yeah, because we all know before the white people showed up Native Americans were all peace pipe smoking, hippy, nature loving, never warring, everything's hunky dory people.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Well the business owners in the district, at least some of them, have been opening their doors to the protesters, so apparently they feel differently than some here do, no offense. Source

Screw Seattle? What on earth for? Even if the CHAZ was what most here seem to think what is a few blocks in terms of the city of Seattle? What about the rest of Seattle? If you don't live there, why do you care?

Americans who don't share your political beliefs aren't Americans now? They deserve to be what, summarily executed?

That's only danger in this situation, along with the insane bloodthirsty calls for a military police state to strike down your enemies.

Careful what you wish for.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Did you record the live stream? If so, you should send it to the Mayor and the Governor, just to let them see, you know, how civilized all these freedom loving peaceful "protesters" are!

ETA - Maybe Durkan and Inslee might see the light and send in Academi for a couple nights. Call it Operation BOOGEY MAN!

It's all out there already in various video's. Google is a persons friend. I'm working right now and posting between business calls.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I think Seattle should just stick to the democrat playbook and put up a sign that says, "No Rioting Zone".

It worked in Chicago with guns...

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I wish you would’ve started a thread with that. There is so much to go over .

It would have been a winner .

it reminds me of a bunch of four-year-olds stamping their feet and throwing a fit because they want things they’re way.

With no consideration for anyone else .

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I like how they think police funding alone is enough to fund free stuff for everyone!

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I don't know, what danger does he pose to those who actually own the property and belong there?

I suppose the victims who have to clean up the mess and restore their property could sue the nut jobs who think they are actually accomplishing something, other than pissing off sane people. But hey, they don't have any money to repay them, do they. They can't even feed themselves, right?

Sooner or later the adults will have to clean up that mess and restore the buildings.

What danger do they pose to the US? Ask those who have been killed by the arsonists, looters and general thugs already. Tell their loved ones how peaceful this all is. How harmless it all is. Tell that to the owners of the minority owned businesses that have been destroyed by people who pretend to represent them. Tell them where they will get the money after they suffered through the lock downs and now this. Tell that to the family members and children of innocent officers who have been killed. Tell that to the rape and assault victims in that part of Seattle who have no protection.

Yeah, harmless little pussycats, who mean no harm, but don't give a damn about anyone's Rights but their own. Need food beg for it or steal it. Need part of a town, just take it over and move in and to hell with the people who worked and struggled to own the property they took over.

Anything you support, you share responsibility in, good or bad.

Yes on his own he's no risk. Emboldened by idiots who just like him congregated together, and I've no doubt before this is over people will be hurt financially and perhaps physically.

If they are a country unto themselves. They need to provide their own food and goods and work and buy their own property to live on, like rational adults, not cheap little thugs who think the world owes them anything.

I can't believe one of the police dept's have not all walked off the job for a few days to teach a lesson. You don't think the dangerous folks will take advantage? Get real.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Another Autonomous Zone being organized for Nashville.

heavy.com...

...The Chaz is spreading...
edit on 12-6-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I’ve heard some police friends of mine say .

If they defund partially the first thing that will get cut is training.

That’s the law of diminishing returns in my opinion .

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Another Autonomous Zone being organized for Nashville.

heavy.com...

...The Chaz is spreading...

Lol, good luck with that.

The Tennessee government doesn't play nice like Washington state does. Governor Bill Lee already announced he's not going to let it happen.

You want to see some SHTF, this is a good chance to see it.

I'm debating on going myself just to get some footage, but I'll probably go hang out with some friends instead.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Sending in the National Guard would have shades of Kent state .

If we make martyrs out of any of these boneheads we would come out the losers without a doubt .

Cutting off the tapwater would make it impossible to make Ramen noodles . That should bring them to their knees .

The number one thing that should be embargoed is toilet paper .

No water for bathing in combination with no toilet paper for wiping .

Is a great combination for diaper rash and most of them have recent experience with it. 😁

Edit;

We should probably put prunes on the list of food we are allowed in .

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join