It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trump to hold rally in city know for the worst massacre of blacks in us history

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
www.bbc.com... what kind of MESSAGE is this sending???? this going to make things worse

not only is trump holding his rally on juneteenth but holding it in the city where the worst anti black massacre happened 100 years ago

The location of the rally in Tulsa is also highly significant.

In May and June 1921 a white mob attacked the prosperous black neighbourhood of Greenwood, known as the "Black Wall Street", with guns and explosives - killing up to 300 people and destroying about 1,000 businesses and homes.

Juneteenth is an annual commemoration of the end of slavery. While not a federal holiday, it is celebrated widely by African Americans.

It celebrates the reading of the Emancipation Proclamation to enslaved African Americans in Texas.

Texas was the last state of the Confederacy - the slaveholding southern states that seceded, triggering the Civil War - to receive the proclamation, on 19 June 1865, months after the end of the war.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

perhaps he was not aware of the history................oh wait, its trump we are discussing, i am sure he will say there was very fine people on both sides

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
or maybe it was just an area he feels he needs to hit, he is probably aware and if not I am certain someone on his team is aware.

But if the president starts ignoring cities because sometime in the past something bad happened there would be precious few places they can go.

+26 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Yes .. and i bet you are typing on a computer, where natives were slaughtered by other natives ... but here you are ignoring that and crying about trump ....

"Unhinged" Doesn't explain the left anymore.....

edit on 11-6-2020 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

It might be because he's done quite a bit more for African Americans than any other President in my lifetime(I'm 43) and he has significant support there.

Or it could be he's a big fat orange poop head and wants to piss on snowflakes feels.

I'm sure whatever the reason, it's nefarious and he needs removed from office...

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It gets people talking, and that's what salespeople like to do.

Hopefully it doesn't get people burning things too.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
He is fully aware of the date. There will be black supporters present and black guest speakers. Want to change the narrative then you have to change it with horsepower. Not going to change it frolicking around steering clear of everything than is perceived has an effrontery to black people. The real effrontery is blacks killing blacks in record numbers and completely ignoring their own systemic problems created by them.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

what kind of MESSAGE is this sending???? this going to make things worse

Perhaps that's the plan then he can declare a State of Emergency and postpone the election he's going to lose.
Just a thought.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Something happened 99 years ago, PANIC!!!!

I thought we were erasing history, no?

Why not visit a significant historic place on a significant historic dark day for America? What are the rules?

BBC creating controversy for the people.

(post by IAMTAT removed for a manners violation)
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The title is as pathetic as the reee babies posting in it. Get some new material.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I cant tell the difference from history to selective history.

Someone should write a book....

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

That mob was Democrats. As in today. Same playbook.

If blacks and minorities want to get what they want and need, they better quit dems and start a new fresh party. That would keep the balance in the farce.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Well maybe some gutless little pre-teen leftists can burn the city to the ground instead, to show how much they respect the past.

The rally will have more people present than any dEm rally in history. They always do.
And there will be blacks, Hispanics, women, gays, immigrants, tall people, dwarves and every other type of person you can name.

Like he even needs to campaign.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

what kind of MESSAGE is this sending???? this going to make things worse

Perhaps that's the plan then he can declare a State of Emergency and postpone the election he's going to lose.
Just a thought.

I don't make assumptions, especially about elections because people are stupid, but if he does win in November will you admit that you were wrong?

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

trump to hold rally in city know for the worst massacre of blacks in us history

So what. Maybe he's going to make a statement about treating blacks better.

People make a conscious choice to be offended about anything and everything. It's very narcissistic. 👎

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I hope Trump invites the person held up at gunpoint by George Floyd and the pregnant woman that he put a gun to her stomach. Maybe invite some of the homeowners he robbed and destroyed their belonging. A real "town hall" meeting on what our Angel George Floyd actually used his angel wings for.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

A friendly reminder - Lincoln was a Republican.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Lol
Holding a campaign rally sends the wrong message?
Only to biden voters.
Lol

OMG trump is speaking during the day!!!
People were murdered in daytime!!!

Lol
Mkay

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Well I am hopeful he can spin it. And use the rally as a way to celebrate black people. and talk about injustices that we have faced but also ressilance, and maybe an empowerment message.

I am really tired of of this victim culture that is being spread

where is the talk of positivity and strength

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join