It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From A White (Jewish) Person To ALL People That Matter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I treat cops with respect. They usually give it back. I have only had a couple bad experiences. Some hooligans broke into my car stole some stuff. The car was registered and insured in my father's name. I was a teenager barely starting college at the time. I saw the hooligans in the parking lot when I parked. They were eating some pizza. After I returned to my find by car burglarized I found the pizza box on the roof of my car. It had a delivery address on it. I flagged down an officer. Asked him if he would write a police report. The officer told me it was shift change and he was about to go home another officer who would be by in a few mins. A witness came over and told me they saw what happened and gave me their contact information.

Few minutes later another officer drove by I flagged him down. Told that officer my story he refused to start a police report. Also cited shift change I was told to go down to the station tomorrow to fill out a police report.

I said I wanted to document what happened while its fresh in my mind. I did see them and can give a description. I also have the phone number and address of the people involved on the pizza box. I also had the name and phone number of a witness who saw them break in to my car.

The officer seemed a little upset got out of his car and asked for my ID and registration. I thought he needed the info to write a report. Nope that's when it went weird. The officer threatened to arrest me and impound my car. Because the car was registered and insured in another state. I told him I'm just trying to get a police report written. What are you taking about?

He explained that because I have lived here in Fl for 3months I need to register the car in Florida. Or he can have my car impounded and can arrest me for driving it. The car wasn't legally mine it was in my father's name registered and insured in NY state. The registration was up to date. My drivers license was fine. I didn't see the problem. Also I couldn't register or insure it in Florida without a transfer of ownership. I didn't have the title to the car. I pointed that out. After some arguing the officer wrote the police report finally.

But he told me that if he saw me driving the car again he would pull me over arrest me and impound it. I reiterated my argument that I don't own the car. I can't change registration on the car. I don't have the title. He told me "You can beat the rap but not the ride".

I thought after that it was over. Of course two days later I saw the same cop. Im driving the car he was on the sidewalk. He motioned for me to pull over. I just kept driving and acted like I didn't see him. Well the local police academy was at the same community college I was attending. The officer sent a cadet in full uniform into my class. The cadet told me that "Bear knows where you live and he knows where you go to school. He says he is going to get you".

After that called my father asked him to send me the car title 3 day air. Which he refused. Lol. Too expensive. I tried to explain my situation. Dad told me a cop can't impound the car if its legally registered and insured. I told him thats what I said. He finally agreed to mail me the title it took two weeks.

Same cop saw me driving the car a week and half later. He pointed at me out his window. He was in on coming traffic far left lane. I was all the way to the right. He went lights and sirens and had to pull a uturn accross four lanes of traffic. I pulled over he didn't see me in a parking lot and sped by lights and sirens blaring. I honestly wasn't hiding. He was just going so fast he drove right by. I didn't make it to my classes that day. I was sure he was waiting for me at the college. I just drove home and put on a car cover. The car title came the following day. Got all the paperwork changed over. I saw that officer a few times after that. He always gave me a dirty look. What a jerk.

Years later I heard he became a detective. I was working with a young guy in his 20's. He brought it up. That Bear had become a detective. I was surprised to hear him spoken of at work. I told the young guy the story and called the officer a jerk. The kid told me I was lucky. That the same cop beat him up and broke his jaw when he was 16yrs old. The cops nickname is Bear. The officer is huge. Beats up a16yr old kid and breaks his jaw. Pretty amazing how many lives can be touched by one bad officer.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well, I was abused by my Cantor (white) that abused their authority in my own synagogue, I was beaten by a group of cops in San Antonio because I accidentally got seduced by one of their ex-wives at a bar, broke 3 of my ribs and arrested me, charges were dropped when the connection to the bartender was explained, I had the same thing happen in Cherry Hill NJ, I was at a diner one night after my real estate class when I got friendly with one of the waitresses there, she turned out to be a cops "girl" and I was drinking crown celebrating my 25 birthday, after I left the diner, I got lit up and charged with DUI, also, charges dropped when the cop was exposed and had no legal right to pull me over. I have other instances but you get the drift.

Hope that clears things up...

originally posted by: hombero
"But, there were other times where my being white harmed me, and I could share those with you, too, though it doesn't really matter."

You lost me right there.

a reply to: spiritofsoul

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

A black teenager probably would've resisted arrest. I'm not trying to stereotype here. It just seems that is a commonality with 99% of the blacks shot by police that make the news.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join