It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID-19 numbers being manipulated across many states

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I finally decided to dig a bit. The common discussion around these parts and in the comment section of any youtube video discussing covid is filled with people demanding the numbers are being manipulated. So, here is what I found:

Many States manipulating data and testing

As large parts of the U.S. ease their lockdowns against the coronavirus, public health officials in some states are being accused of bungling infection statistics or even deliberately using a little sleight of hand to make things look better than they are.

This rather lengthy article discusses various states and how they are clearly nerfing the testing to make it seem like the worst is behind them so they can open back up.

In other articles (a token google search will find endless articles all saying many states are purposefully manipulating the data to make things look all rosy and good) it discusses more details

Testing lies and how states are inflating numbers to seem like they are testing more to flatten their curve unnaturally
And yes, testing..lies of testing making it seem everything is great.

scientist fired for making live tracking program in Florida after being told to downplay numbers
If you fire the scientists trying to get the information out, then bad and no reporting will make things better I guess.

So yeah, a peek down the rabbit hole confirms what ATS is saying, that the numbers are being very manipulated. But, counter to what the average corporate/political shill..erm...I mean free thinker around here is saying, its being manipulated to get things back to normal.

More lies

My pet theory is that this may have deeper roots. You got useful idiots parroting nonsense that perhaps China or Russia (probably China) is pushing through nonsense conspiracy sites, youtube comments, etc to get USA sicker than any nation on earth and cripple our economy in the long game.

Looking forward to the amazing and enlightening comments from the hive here.
So, thoughts?

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Liars lying about lying.

Maybe the reverse psychology psychology psychology will work?

Trillions of our stolen tax dollars and children's debt need to be justified.

Who knew it was overblown is kinda pointless.

Income tax needs ended. A group of greedy pedos can't be trusted.

The flu isn't a bioweapon.

Unless you want to lower a countries AARP membership.

This bs needs ended and the people behind it need lynched.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It's been clear from the beginning, for anyone paying attention, that the numbers are way off. Reports of victims not counted, tests not given, etc. I think this is why certain "hot spots" like Italy had such higher numbers- they weren't fudging them.

The why is obvious. Whether blue or red or in between, these people in power definitely do not serve the people. Would they manufacture numbers to reopen even if it means people will die, just to pump their stock portfolio?

Might be time to take a step back and look at what's really going on. This may be revealing: nothing suspicious going on at all.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

You forgot to mention the fun part — what do we do to them after we lynch them? 😁

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Science is used more against the common person than to help them. Evidence is misused or not pertinent much of the time to what they are applying it to. Evidence is created to show a need for more research...to gain more funding or need for a service or product a lot....it is there to trick people into paying for something they really do not need.

I do a lot of researching of research and always examine the parameters of the research, who is paying for the research if possible, and how the research is being interpretted. The thing is the way they interpret things often makes it much worse appearing than it really is, most people do not know how to evaluate the figures or how the figures are being assembled.

This virus is bad, it is worse than the flu, but not nearly as bad as they made it out to be. We would have been better off not doing lockdowns and concentrating on keeping certain people isolated, bending over backwards for those people to help them than locking down the whole states. yes, sometimes a city should be locked down, but not a state. The response to this virus was a joke and they were fabricating evidence to make it look way worse in some states which was extremely bad, and ignoring evidence in others but that might have been not that good either, but overall the states that did not go nuts with lying about excess lockdowns are doing way better, and why should everyone in this country pay for those overzealous states. I know I am in one of these states, a governor that went a little Hulu caused a lot of debt for our state. She went way overboard and really messed up our economy. but, should people in another state have to pay for us electing someone who went nuts trying to make herself look better? This has nothing to do with her being a woman, it could have been a guy that went Hulu like that too, it could have even been an it or the person could have been black, white, Asian, or Native American. No gender, no race...just someone who was trying to look like they were our savior so they would get re-elected or get into the white house as a VP. Definitely a political motivated thing if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It's all MSM sleight of hand, just wait till the Trump rallies, we'll all go back on lockdowns. Back to phase one.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Only states throwing monkey feces about the virus and black "genocide" are Democrat strongholds. Everyone else is chilling out and getting back to work. Basically try to cover the country in !@#$ and blame it on their political enemies.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX
Like I said in March when people were raiding toilet paper, if you don't see an increase in ambulances, there's nothing to worry about.

It will be interesting to see how many "suckers" the MSM will catch in their net with the current scare they're ginning up.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Look,

I am not a fan of lockdowns at all but Covid is a serious disease.

Forget the "tested case numbers".

Look only at the resolved cases. If you test positive you either live or die.

Right now, those who have tested positive, we are sitting at a 12% death rate.
www.worldometers.info...

809,154 (88%)
Recovered / Discharged

115,340 (12%)
Deaths

Even Germany is rocking a 5% death outcome rate.
www.worldometers.info...

171,200 (95%)
Recovered / Discharged

8,845 (5%)
Deaths

If you test positive you are looking at a 4% mortality rate at best case if we use Germany as an example.

Take it for what it is as it is "not the flu" by any means.

If anyone starts looking into "excess mortality" it is obvious that many many many more people are dead than average. I will just leave it at that.
edit on 11-6-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
The flu isn't a bioweapon.

Did you REALLY just compare Covid 19 to the flu?

I guess, you said it best. It appears you know WHAT you are lying about, but you will just deny admission, correct?

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Liars lying about lying.

Dorian Soran

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I would suggest that the numbers arent indicative of much of anything in "real life." They are used to manipulate emotions according to corporate-political whim, particularly the "super-aggregates."

Whenever they reflect what someone believes is "actually going on," all of a sudden.. that individual trusts the numbers.

This same thing could have been done every year for the past couple of decades. The public at large is incapable of perceiving scale, making inferences, doing their own research, etc.

Just like the stock market is more of a graph of the happiness levels of the rich, the numbers behind any of this are just as manufactured.

None of that is a commentary on how serious, or how benign, SARS-CoV-2/covid is.. But as long as "educating the public" consists of blatant emotional manipulation, and a "lockdown til vaccines" narrative undertone, I dont trust one iota of any of it.

I think The Virus is just unmasking the massive damages done to public health over the years, and they sure as hell arent addressing any of that.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Look,

I am not a fan of lockdowns at all but Covid is a serious disease.

Agreed, hense why I made this thread.
There is tons of evidence leaking out by reliable sources that they are under-reporting and fudging numbers to reopen fully and get the economy going in time for elections.

I am not saying we need to keep the economy closed, we just all need to be hyper aware of what is out there so we can at least protect ourselves reasonably well. There will be risks..hell, I went and hit a few bars on Saturday because of being stir crazy. Since then I have been self isolating and checking myself twice a day just to make sure I didn't catch a nasty.

I put myself in harms way, and thats my choice, but I won't be putting others in harms way from my decisions. Its not about denying the seriousness, nor is it about being paralized by it. Its about personal accountability and understanding even without symptoms, I could be carrying.

btw, sidenote:
if going out, carry hand sanitizer, and mouthwash. gargle with mouthwash once an hour (kills covid, and covid lives in the back of the throat first and gestates. Not fullproof, but it helps)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
12% death rate here in the states...not good.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Buddy, your crazy. The lady was herself the one manipulating data. We do not accept transnational organizations trying to subvert our government with their local agents being utilized to attempt to spread terror. Of course we cannot actually say that to the public now can we. Just think about the ones who are just disappearing in smaller markets

a reply to: infolurker
don't worry, they got a patch you can wear soon that will help ease the effects of the kool aid.

edit on 6-11-2020 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Buddy, your crazy. The lady was herself the one manipulating data. We do not accept transnational organizations trying to subvert our government with their local agents being utilized to attempt to spread terror. Of course we cannot actually say that to the public now can we. Just think about the ones who are just disappearing in smaller markets

a reply to: infolurker
don't worry, they got a patch you can wear soon that will help ease the effects of the kool aid.

Yes, who to believe, a politician or a programmer

And then you can read about all the other states (and countries) caught fudging numbers all painting a picture.

but sure..why would politicians lie to us.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Think critically. An actualy 12% death rate would mean that on average for every 100 people you know or know of, 12 of them would have died. How many dead people do you know? And I mean people who died these last few months from COVID-19?

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Think critically. An actualy 12% death rate would mean that on average for every 100 people you know or know of, 12 of them would have died. How many dead people do you know? And I mean people who died these last few months from COVID-19?

Maybe everyone you know that has died has been replaced by clones?

Or he could mean 12% of those that test positive.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm one of those internet people that had a relative have massive heart attack 3 weeks ago and end up in the covid ward. Yes it happened now I find out a guy from work had an appendicitis attack and ended up there for the first day and the test only took 45 minutes?????

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well I live in Florida. There are no mass deaths as we all back to our normal lives despite cabal agents attempts at terrorism. Your still trying to make a mountain out of a 99%+ survival rate.

And why would a programmer have any authority or relevance in regards to the dangers of virus?? All the liars of this show are originating in the tech and media professions.

Governor desantis has made some great descisions and respected the liberty of the Florida electorate.
edit on 6-11-2020 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

12% death rate of those who have tested positive. I actually thought it was 12% of cases, which I had understood to mean hospitalizations, but I could be wrong. Either way, that's much different than 12% of the population as a whole. Personally, I know 12 people personally, and a handful more who are 1 degree of separation (a brother, parent, etc of those peopleI know), with the Rona. 4 hospitalized, 2 dead. Its far more than flu deaths (of which I've never known any.)

Thankfully, influenza is far more widespread, and even though we only count those deaths suspected of being caused by or contributed by "flu-like illness", while ignoring the tens of millions of cases who never bother with seeing a doctor, the Case Fatality Rate of seasonal flu hovers around 0.1%. 1 in 1000 among people who are in bad enough shape to seek out medical treatment. Probably less than 1 in 10,000 actual flu infections resukt in death.

so yes, its FAR more serious, but it isn't SARS with its 10% fatality rate, or MERS at 30-40%. Given the severity of those recent, closely-related Coronavirus strains in the past 17 years, I'd say an abundance kf caution until we knew more was well in order.
Well, its no longer guess work. We may not have all the answers but we know the Rona isn't going to kill 2B+ people.

The next one might. Or we might devolve into WW3 and widespread anarchy, or both, making the next pandemic far more deadly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join