It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's that on Ellen's Wall?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This is very strange indeed, back in the UK, my good friend and MP, Ann Widdecombe has this exact painting in her office. We used to joke that the bloodied crotch represents the people of the Isle Of Wight, Ann hates the fact that it's not physically attached to England anymore and suggested a crowd funding campaign in order to raise enough money to have it towed back and reattached to Skegness.
edit on 11-6-2020 by DougHole64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
This picture is from Jean-Michael Basquait. She has multiple "art" pieces like this in her home. They are in her videos. Very disturbing. The one sweatshirt she wears with a bloody face, is also by that demon. Its torture of the young ones

google Jean-Michael Basquait paintings and press images

Ummm...you mean people actually pay money for these childish scribbles...?

WOW...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
That's commie hippie food.

Dirty hippies, someone should make a dog food flavor out of them.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Blue Shift
That's commie hippie food.

Dirty hippies, someone should make a dog food flavor out of them.

Very true, Augustus! I can see you are an intellectual behemoth after my good self, a quality severely missing from most Americans. Peace and love, who in their right minds would want that? SNOWFLAKES THATS WHO!

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DougHole64

Wish I could take the credit for it but Quentin beat me to it:

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: DougHole64

Wish I could take the credit for it but Quentin beat me to it:

That explains it! I thought the vocabulary used was a little advanced for your skill set my good friend.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DougHole64
Peace and love, who in their right minds would want that? SNOWFLAKES THATS WHO!

Peace is incredibly boring and stagnant. Love is just an excuse to destroy things.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DougHole64
That explains it! I thought the vocabulary used was a little advanced for your skill set my good friend.

Totally. I'm usually good for only monosyllabic grunts and the occasional wild hand gesticulations to communicate.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Crazy ain't always bad, I've known plenty in my day. His stuff just seems very tortured and traumatic which while to some extent interesting, not my cup o tea. That and his style which I said before mimics a five year old.

Maybe he was just scamming the art scene fools, who knows. It's been done before.
This one is my favorite: The Hoax Art Movement That Fooled the Art World Establishment

Scamming someone implies deceit. How did he scam anyone? He was homeless when he sold his first painting.

People paid a lot more for his work after he died. Art is subjective.

I love this one:

This is great. Maybe an avatar idea:

Another famous one:

Here is a self portrait I find interesting:

All of them have a five year old kid vibe. A lot aren't into modern art and I get it.

But why keep denigrating him in each post? He was just an artist who got lucky.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

To O.D. at 28 doesn't sound very lucky to me. Like I said, not my cup o tea. Why do you have to denigrate my personal opinion with each post?

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens
But why keep denigrating him in each post? He was just an artist who got lucky.

A lot of that requires you to be "in" with the whole art scene, particularly in New York, where you have to be known by people (from your privileged prep school / Harvard days) and play all of their little intellectual games to be considered legitimate. Then you have a show and your rich and famous friends show up and buy your junk for ridiculous amounts of money and you get a brainy indulgent review in the New Yorker and ta-dah! You're a successful artist.

If you don't do this, if you live in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and you don't have a tony Ivy League background, you can paint all the brilliant stuff you want and maybe you'll be able to sell it for a couple hundies to hang in the lobby of the local Comfort Inn.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

To O.D. at 28 doesn't sound very lucky to me. Like I said, not my cup o tea. Why do you have to denigrate my personal opinion with each post?

underpass you are being deliberately obtuse with me for some reason. He was lucky in that he got his art work sold.

I am not denigrating your personal opinion at all and never have once. Please show me where I may have.

I am just a little surprised by our previous interactions on the hardcore punk boards that you would be so dismissive of an artist just trying to get by.

If the issue is rich snobby art elites determining who wins that lottery thats another discussion entirely.

BTW I see Barneys sells a Black Flag t-shirt for $200. Rich elites have co-opted all "hip" art to a degree.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Agreed. Who constitutes good and bad is a hilarious mystery.

I once went to get some free drinks with buddies at an art installation in NY and the entire thing was a massive warehouse with one 20" old tv taped to a chair. It would turn on every like 3 minutes and run for a minute flashing zany wild images then stop.

We couldn't stop laughing and were told to leave.
edit on 11-6-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens
We couldn't stop laughing and were told to leave.

Yeah, they take that stuff super seriously. I guess they know that the value of modern art is pretty much determined by what I call the "Tinkerbell Effect." Tinkerbell can only live if you believe and clap your hands really loud, and a lot of modern art is only worth a ton of money if you believe that it is. And they really, really want to believe, so they clap as loud as they can.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Relax Cj, I'm just joking around. I've never put much stock in "art", probably why I gravitated to punk in the first place. Punk was about tearing down all the pretense and high fashion. Sure it was a form of artistic expression in its own right, but in the beginning no one was worried about that. I can appreciate a great work of art whether it's music or another medium, but at my core I'm basically a 1-2-3-4-GO! kind of guy.

Yeah the commercialization can be pretty ridiculous. The hipsters want the merch. I gave my daughter most of my old t-shirts and she told me some guy tried to buy my Stiff Little Fingers tour shirt right off her back for 80 bucks. Of course she said no. She took a look on Etsy and that shirt goes for $250. Too funny.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This is my guess....its not that I agree......its just what I see.......

It seems as if it is making this statement........
Angel's are like Eunuchs both Male and female...why aren't we

Abortions are legal and goverment funded....
She wants Sex Reassignment to be legal and government funded

That would balance the scales

5 judges on The Supreme Court agree with this

She is walking on A HIGH WIRE, trying to balance her life

Word at bottom is HIGH
And it looks like 2 Ovaries and Womb are on right of person
Tada

edit on 05/07/18 by FreeFalling because: Sp

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
People don't like Ellen DeGeneres as much as they used to. It's interesting to see her as her popularity starts to fade. I guess she can comfort herself with money, but she seems like the kind of person who always wants people to like her. And that's definitely fading away. What will she do?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Who cares what Ellen says or does he is a tranny and a Satanist freak.....he will pay for his crimes against Humanity.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

degeneres 's degenerate art.

edit on 12-6-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: underpass61

degeneres 's degenerate art.

Are you a time traveler? Because you must have had to go back to 1994 for that old degeneres/degenerate joke.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join