It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's that on Ellen's Wall?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I will venture a guess.
Odds are that it is a drawing by a person, probably younger (a child) that has been abused or witnessed something extremely traumatic.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Looks Like it says Rip
and then the P
looks like it also spells pig.

RiPig

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: xoseph

I think you may be right. Took a look at some of his work, very much the same style. Couldn't find this particular piece. Still, I wonder what part of it "spoke" to her that she wanted to own it?

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

I am a big fan of his work. I can't find this particular piece but the scales give it away imo. I'm sure enough to bet.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This picture is from Jean-Michael Basquait. She has multiple "art" pieces like this in her home. They are in her videos. Very disturbing. The one sweatshirt she wears with a bloody face, is also by that demon. Its torture of the young ones

google Jean-Michael Basquait paintings and press images
edit on 11-6-2020 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Jean-Michael Basquiat is a "demon"?

Why?

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I've heard his name mentioned before but never checked him out. Seems he was seriously mentally ill and self medicating. Celebs like her put him on a pedestal when he should have been institutionalized, maybe he would have lived.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

I've heard his name mentioned before but never checked him out. Seems he was seriously mentally ill and self medicating. Celebs like her put him on a pedestal when he should have been institutionalized, maybe he would have lived.

Why would you say he was seriously mentally ill? He was never diagnosed as such.

He was messed up with heroin. It killed him at an early age.

He was pretty much homeless from the time he was a kid and found fame overnight and couldn't handle it.

Its happened to a lot of artists.

And a lot of people put up drug user mentally unstable artists on pedestals.
edit on 11-6-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

Why would you say he was seriously mentally ill? He was never diagnosed as such.

So was he or wasn't he?

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

So was he or wasn't he?

They are two separate things.

1) Why would he be "seriously mentally ill"? Because he uses drugs? There is still no qualification for that statement.

2) Regardless of wether he was mentally unstable or not - it makes no difference - people every day put artists who are mentally unstable and drug abusers on pedestals. Why single this particular one out IF they were ( and they never were diagnosed for it)
Celebs, like millions of everyday folks like art made by "societally challenged" people.

I understand not liking their art, Im just confused as to why there is some attempt to slander him?

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I understand not liking their art, Im just confused as to why there is some attempt to slander him?

Do you really need it spelled out? Ellen is a liberal lesbo and those two things means she's got four strikes against her.

edit on 11-6-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

No attempts at slander, just the vibe I get.
I'm no psychologist but I've seen enough tv/movies to know that art therapy is a thing. My opinion is that a shrink would have a field day with this stuff. Then again I've been wrong before.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Investing in art is always tricky.

Considering a Basquiat sold for over $110 million perhaps she was able to get a deal as an investment.

Someone could probably pull an "Oceans 11" and steal the painting, replace it with a second graders interpretation of a robot and she would never know.

At least until it's time to sell and Christies notices the signature "Alex, Ms. Simmons 2nd Grade"

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Considering a Basquiat sold for over $110 million perhaps she was able to get a deal as an investment.

Sick liberal people with their sick liberal money. Doing all kinds of libertine things with it like buying art and eating pizza.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

He may have been nuts I don't know.

I would think you of all folks may find him interesting.

He was in an avant garde rock band called Grey in the late 70's in NYC. I think the bassist for the Tubes played with them.

The members of Gray, which settled into the line-up of Holman, Basquiat, Wayne Clifford and Nick Taylor, deliberately used painting or sculpture as references, as opposed to music. Their highest expression of praise was “ignorant”, used in the same way as bad (meaning good). Holman recalls playing a gig with a long loop of tape passing through a reel-to-reel machine and then around the whole band. Brathwaite was at Gray’s first gig, at the Mudd Club in New York, and said later: “David Byrne [of Talking Heads] was there. Debbie Harry. It was a real who’s who. Everyone was there because of Jean…SAMO’s in a band! They came out and played for just 10 minutes. Somebody was playing in a box.”

Jean-Michel Basquiat

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
looks too me like a kindergarten version of lady liberty, abstract as hell,

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
You heathens!!!! That's what's called Modern Art. It don't mean anything, it just is. Or should I say it just is a few thousand dollars for crap.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Sick liberal people with their sick liberal money. Doing all kinds of libertine things with it like buying art and eating pizza.

I bet it's one of them damn chicken kale quinoa pizzas, to boot. That's commie hippie food.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Crazy ain't always bad, I've known plenty in my day. His stuff just seems very tortured and traumatic which while to some extent interesting, not my cup o tea. That and his style which I said before mimics a five year old.

Maybe he was just scamming the art scene fools, who knows. It's been done before.
This one is my favorite: The Hoax Art Movement That Fooled the Art World Establishment

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Looking to the right of the figure, it appears to be dowsing. And has big feet. So I'm going with "Bigfoot dowsing for justice with his weenie out."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join