It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Crushed By Falling Statue In Virginia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: scrounger

I have already told you which statue was destroyed in Iraq. Maybe this will help.

After a couple of hours, the US Marines toppled the statue with a M88 armored recovery vehicle.

en.wikipedia.org...

one is in USA and was an ILLEGAL STUPID ACT..

Not only was the invasion of Iraq ILLEGAL the destruction of the statue in Iraq was also ILLEGAL.

The hypocrisy of some Americans is beyond belief. And that includes you.

well first did you actually read your link?

bet not ... because the LOCALS were already trying (again LOCAL PEOPLE) to take it down.. in fact even listed a name of a local using a sledge hammer..

so the marines AIDED THE LOCALS in taking it down.. NOT OF THEIR OWN ACCORD..

opps.. torpedos your argument it was a totally US thing...

as for "illegal invasion"...

hmm I didnt know you were a judge in the world court in hauge and i was further unaware that the US was charged with much less convicted of an ILLEGAL invasion..

along with the UN didnt pass a resolution that said the US and BRITISH forces were there illegally.

now that I have using your own link proven your claims are false

now back to the OP issue at hand and your apples to bowling balls .

one... your point is in IRAQ, where LOCALS AFTER DEPOSING A DICTATOR WERE TEARING DOWN A STATUE.. the marines HELPED THE LOCALS AFTER THEIR ATTEMPTS TO REMOVE IT FAILED.

two.. the op post is IN THE UNITED STATES.

where THE GOVERNMENT IS LEGAL AND UNDER THE LAW ANYTHING DONE TO THE STATUE OF THIS NATURE IS ILLEGAL.
people were ILLEGALLY TRYING TO TOPPLE THE STATUE.

this person WAS CHOOSING TO BREAK THE LAW and also by his (and others actions) put THEIR LIVES IN DANGER OF INJURY OR DEATH..

to which the person BY THEIR CHOICE TO COMMIT A DANGEROUS AND ILLEGAL ACT LOST THEIR LIVES..

as in sesame street episode that any 4 year old can get... "one of these things is not like the other"

at this point if you choose to keep repeating the same comparison your just proving either your an ignorant agenda driven poster...

or

in modern social media a "troll"

scrounger

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

This is an example of evolution in action. System working as intended.

on something we can agree on..

As far as gloating over a fellow human being killed, so much for so many here being pro-life, eh?

Then you go off the rails and off topic..

but to be fair i will address it

this persons death was a DIRECT RESULT OF HIM CHOOSING TO COMMIT AN ILLEGAL ACT THAT WAS DANGEROUS AND COULD RESULT IN SEVERE INJURY OR (AS IN THIS CASE) DEATH.

he CHOSE to risk death and LOST..

an abortion KILLS an innocent whos only "crime" was that a man and woman had sex.

not even remotely the same thing or even on topic

in fact you just could not seem to resist a cheap , ignorant , comparison shot..

wish you would have stopped at the first line..

on target and respectable

scrounger

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

I can't be arsed to reply to your drivel, but.

Mr Annan said that the invasion was not sanctioned by the UN security council or in accordance with the UN's founding charter. In an interview with the BBC World Service broadcast last night, he was asked outright if the war was illegal. He replied: "Yes, if you wish." He then added unequivocally: "I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN charter. From our point of view and from the charter point of view it was illegal."

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yes because helpless babies have a tendency to rip down statues.

Enough with idiots this morning FFS.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

originally posted by: Raggedyman
It’s a bit sad actually
Someone has lost a child, brother, family member, friend

We also lost a vandal and criminal.

It was statue. Could have been some naive teen caught up in the moment.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

This is an example of evolution in action. System working as intended.

As far as gloating over a fellow human being killed, so much for so many here being pro-life, eh?

hair dryers have a message on them that tells you not to use it in the shower. That message exists because someone tried it. Did you morn for that guy? Unborn babies who could have been someone amazing have a place in my heart. An idiot who broke the law and was killed while doing illegal actions, not so much. Hypocritical? Maybe. But I can live with myself.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Just a feeling I have with nothing to back it with but I think had this been a group of red necks bringing down a statue like this it would have been more organized. There would have been heavy equipment involved and people keeping the area clear.

Or it could have been worse with more casualties (as in "Maverick, get me some more dynamite").

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Man Crushed By Falling Statue In Virginia

The ghost of General Lee.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Welp, $20 that guy sues the city of Portsmouth for the dangerous statue. Though reports his skull broke open and he was having convulsions. There will be a lawyer soon.
edit on 11-6-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I heard his head cracked open but there was nothing inside.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I heard his head cracked open but there was nothing inside.

That problem is endemic with the American Taliban.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Wonder if those responsible will be tried for manslaughter or sued into oblivion?

Good thing there wasn't a person up there with money.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

It's our job as parents to make sure our kids don't do life altering stupid crap like vandalizing statues you don't like, or tearing them down.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
So when that dude was crushed, who did they call for help?

Better not say the POLICE

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
There’s a more detailed and slowed down video out there. Won’t link it.

The dude got totally scalped. You can see the skull and a faint red spray.

People said he was convulsing on the ground in blood.

Grizzly way to go. Regardless of what they were doing.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Hit him so hard, the statues arm broke off. Likely had a rebar running through it too. Ouch!

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
Why cant they see that they are acting exactly like ISIS? Or any of the idiotic groups destroying history in the Middle East.

I really can not stand these people. I wish it would have crushed more of them.

These #heads spray painted and defaced our fire and police memorial 2 days ago. They have lost all credibility and are showing the world why cops have to get “tough” with them at times.

Did you see the armed "protesters" in Seattle? They were blocking streets off and saying they weren't going anywhere until the police department was abolished, and had a few other demands.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

-------------------------------

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

They don't even know what they're doing. They're just tearing things down.

But if they wanted to get America's attention, they're doing it. They're not going to get the result they think they're going to get though.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

They don't even know what they're doing. They're just tearing things down.

But if they wanted to get America's attention, they're doing it. They're not going to get the result they think they're going to get though.

I'd be willing to bet even with you on that.

What's the response you're imagining? A military strike against citizens to prove America isn't a police state?

What will likely happen is what always happens. This will calm down when the media stops hyping it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join