It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Crushed By Falling Statue In Virginia

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: HiddenI

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger

first IF the parents teaching did lead to this then YES blame the parents..

if (again big if) they did raise their kid right then they deserve sympathy, but not the idiot doing CRIMINAL DESTRUCTION that caused his own death.

as for "its obviously racism" I will (instead of blind comment) ask you are you being sarcastic or genuine...
If your first comment was also sarcasm I will apologize for miss reading your comment.
scrounger

Very obviously sarcastic I would say?

Emoji meant to convey that.....

You are obviously not familiar with my posting history.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Parents are to blame. If you were raised to respect your teachers and your parents then you wouldn't confuse rules with racism and you wouldn't be acting like a hoodlum.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

first IF the parents teaching did lead to this then YES blame the parents..

if (again big if) they did raise their kid right then they deserve sympathy, but not the idiot doing CRIMINAL DESTRUCTION that caused his own death.

as for "its obviously racism" I will (instead of blind comment) ask you are you being sarcastic or genuine...
If your first comment was also sarcasm I will apologize for miss reading your comment.
scrounger

Very obviously sarcastic I would say?

Emoji meant to convey that.....

You are obviously not familiar with my posting history.

honestly I am not familiar with your history and sometimes emoji subtleties I miss...

hence why (unlike others on social media) if I dont know I ask

if I am wrong I apologize.. I know alien on social media .

carry on...

scrounger

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I opened up that link to twitter, and it is full of people mocking the person's death.

It reminds me when I was visiting the house of a co-worker a few years ago when he needed help with something. I ended up watching a movie with them (the coworker and his brother). I forget what it was, no it was a show. I forget. Whatever it was it was extremely violent. And the kid kept laughing every time something extremely violent happened, like a man's head getting chopped off. I had to stop watching the program because it was too graphic.

It amazed me how non-nonchalant and giddy he was at watching extreme graphic violence. I thought perhaps it was a nervous laugh, you know not a laugh of revelry in the death, but like, wow that was gruesome, that's uncomfortable, I'm a laugh it away. But he was genuinely happy to see the carnage. I asked him about it, and then told him that it was wrong to laugh at the death of another human. He said it's just a movie, it's fake. I said, still, how do you find enjoyment or pleasure in watching graphic violence? How can you laugh like you do at it? It is wrong what you are doing.

There is a Proverb I read it when I was young and it has always left a deep impression on me. I had to look it up but I found it. Here it is...

"When your enemy falls, do not rejoice, And when he stumbles, do not let your heart be joyful."
Proverbs 24:17.

edit on 11-6-2020 by HiddenI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinktinktink
Parents are to blame. If you were raised to respect your teachers and your parents then you wouldn't confuse rules with racism and you wouldn't be acting like a hoodlum.

Some of the best parents have way-ward children......

Depends on who influences them when they reach the age of personal

responsibility and how they handle their 'new' independence in the wake

of their 'new' independence.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: HiddenI

originally posted by: BoscoMoney

I opened up that link to twitter, and it is full of people mocking the person's death.

no they are clearly mocking someone who WAS ENGAGED IN A CLEARLY STUPID CRIMINAL ACT THAT BY ALL LOGIC COULD LEAD TO DEATH... yet this person STILL MADE THE CHOICE TO DO SO.. so his own WILLFUL STUPIDITY CAUSED HIS DEATH.. Big difference when taken as a whole/all the facts vs the clearly canned "mocking a persons death"

It reminds me when I was visiting the house of a co-worker a few years ago when he needed help with something. I ended up watching a movie with them (the coworker and his brother). I forget what it was, no it was a show. I forget. Whatever it was it was extremely violent. And the kid kept laughing every time something extremely violent happened, like a man's head getting chopped off. I had to stop watching the program because it was too graphic.

clearly different situation all around . it was a fictional movie not real life.. yes disturbing but not comparing apples to apples

It amazed me how non-nonchalant and giddy he was at watching extreme graphic violence. I thought perhaps it was a nervous laugh, you know not a laugh of revelry in the death, but like, wow that was gruesome, that's uncomfortable, I'm a laugh it away. But he was genuinely happy to see the carnage. I asked him about it, and then told him that it was wrong to laugh at the death of another human. He said it's just a movie, it's fake. I said, still, how do you find enjoyment or pleasure in watching graphic violence? How can you laugh like you do at it? It is wrong what you are doing.

ok again your not comparing apples to apples... this movie is fake and yes violent... this persons death WAS CAUSED BY THEIR OWN ILLEGAL ACTIONS . NO WHERE NEAR THE SAME... as for they kid (dont know his age) laughing is troubling, but an entirely DIFFERENT ISSUE than this situation. he is laughing at the violence.. we are laughing at the STUPIDITY and the general easy to see happening outcome of their DELIBERATE ACTIONS...again repeating not apples to apples.

There is a Proverb I read it when I was young and it has always left a deep impression on me. I had to look it up but I found it. Here it is...

"When your enemy falls, do not rejoice, And when he stumbles, do not let your heart be joyful."
Proverbs 24:17.

there are also many proverbs, parables and stories about the result of CHOOSING to do evil, wrong, ect...
with the warnings of what could happen and quite frankly alot of non sympathy .

i am not gonna go over all the verses but to suffice there also would be no sympathy for this nitwit..

scrounger

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

And how Americans rejoiced when American Marines invaded another country to carry out an illegal war, and pulled down a statue of Saddam Hussein.

Double standards or what.
edit on 11-6-2020 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: tinktinktink

Some of the best parents have way-ward children......

Depends on who influences them when they reach the age of personal

responsibility and how they handle their 'new' independence in the wake

of their 'new' independence.

well put

If you permit me to expand on it..

even if someone has a bad upbringing. there comes a time (especially in this day and age of ease of getting information) when any person becomes responsible for their own actions

not to resolve the way parents bring up their children. but one must be held accountable for what they choose to do..

even if they choose not out of morals, upbringing , ect but to avoid penalties of the law. still a choice they made.

scrounger

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: infolurker

And how Americans rejoiced when American Marines invaded another country to carry out an illegal war, and pulled down a statue of Saddam Hussein.

Double standards or what.

im sorry but have you ever heard about STAYING ON TOPIC?

this isnt about some "unnamed" another country (nice not providing any context) and adding a separate issue of pulling down a statue of a dictator (btw done by LOCALS NOT MARINES)..

i would challenge you and make you look foolish even with the non and limited situation you gave..

but that also would not be what this OP is all about...

but hey want to continue to post like a deflecting ignorant fool by all means do so..

scrounger

to the moderators... isnt this off topic drift?

edit on 11-6-2020 by scrounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: HiddenI

guess he wanted to get "stoned" at the protest and went about it the wrong way

Im here all weekend, dont forget to tip your waitress .

scrounger

I may be a little too old school for you, but I consider making the death of another human the butt of a joke in poor taste. No matter how reckless or stupid. It was a life that was lost. Even if it was the worst person in the world. There should be no rejoicing or joking about it. That is just wrong.

Yes, you are right. I see your point. To all those that rejoiced in the death of Hitler and even Stalin. They were lives that were lost!!! And Bin Laden. My goodness, you all celebrate and rejoice in the death of these worthless pieces of #. Stop dancing and go home and have a few beers watching reruns of space rangers.

Bally

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

So the topic is not about the destruction of a statue ? I see.

And yes it was U.S. Marines.

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- U.S. troops pulled down a giant statue of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein hours after coalition tanks rolled into the center of Baghdad Wednesday

edition.cnn.com...

Sorry to upset you with mentioning an illegal war and destruction of a statue in Iraq.
edit on 11-6-2020 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

So the topic is not about the destruction of a statue ? I see.

And yes it was U.S. Marines.

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- U.S. troops pulled down a giant statue of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein hours after coalition tanks rolled into the center of Baghdad Wednesday

edition.cnn.com...

Sorry to upset you with mentioning an illegal war and destruction of a stature in Iraq.

first maybe show WHICH STATUE... because many were brought down by LOCALS...but thats on you..

as for same thing...

yes both are statues.

whatever one your referring to (you still are not specific) is in IRAQ after the ousting of a dictator ..

one is in USA and was an ILLEGAL STUPID ACT..

again not on topic..

but as usual you dont care about that...

but hey troll or ignorant post away...

too bad no matter how many times you say the same thing doesnt make it the same...

scrounger

hey mods were are you

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   

That person should be mocked, and laughed at. I dont care about your Proverbs, any more than you hypocrites care about me. I know the lessons, I dont need to be taught. The more idiots who die doing bad things to good people in this life, the better.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I have already told you which statue was destroyed in Iraq. Maybe this will help.

After a couple of hours, the US Marines toppled the statue with a M88 armored recovery vehicle.

en.wikipedia.org...

one is in USA and was an ILLEGAL STUPID ACT..

Not only was the invasion of Iraq ILLEGAL the destruction of the statue in Iraq was also ILLEGAL.

The hypocrisy of some Americans is beyond belief. And that includes you.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Well that settles it. It’s my fault. Damn guys. I’m sorry.

You make me smile..

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Aye I wonders , was the statue a free mason? a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Common sense?

You are talking about the Woke Taliban here..........

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Had to happen sooner or later, as I'm sure was mentioned, play stupid games win stupid prizes.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This is an example of evolution in action. System working as intended.

As far as gloating over a fellow human being killed, so much for so many here being pro-life, eh?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join