It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would an advanced alien civilization exterminate humanity for being too violent?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

There are too many savage-like low technology species in the galaxy for an advanced civilization to be concerned. Most like us never advance to the level of being a threat to anyone in another star system.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Evolution kind of puts the brains in carnivores... Doesn't take a lot of brains to eat grass, soooooo what ya think...

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   
They would use us as a bio wepon!

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   
It's scarier to some, to consider that we are the advanced civilization.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I could see a "Noa" event if human kept trying to nuke each other.
Their are reports of UFO´s near military bases shutting down launch capabilities and whole facilities.
And some abductees say the aliens are concerned about us, they do not like human wars and pollution.

Personally I think they do not want nuclear war because that would pollute earth and make it harder for a reset.

Or they are simply us from the future, observing.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   

why ????????????????????????

the premise is so utterly illogical it hurts

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Go directly to the root cause.

It is disrespect for the lives of others.

Whether it is racism, murder, theft, rape, war ... they are all an endless list of symptoms....

We are unable to solve this problem, and it has been with us since time immortal.

So, suppose there are benevolent aliens on this planet.

Perhaps we could collectively ask them to modify all of us so that our primary thought process was love of our fellow men and women. No other changes required.

Imagine what the world would be like then.

edit on 11-6-2020 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   
An advanced alien civilisation would have learnt that two wrongs don't make a right. That is to say, if they exterminated humanity then they are as bad as humanity.

Besides, the human race is less violent today than it was yesterday, and beyond all the crap humanity has many great virtues, not least recognising genocide is wrong.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Turn the tables and look at it from an explorer point of view. If we came across a budding civilization that we are technologically superior to would we wipe them out if they were savages or sit back and watch? Maybe we could learn a few things from them. There are a lot of different ways for technology to go. We were making mechanical computers at one time so imagine a civilization that followed that tech tree. Maybe there is a civilization that has mastery over biological organisms and runs that into a tech tree.

Nah, I don't think they would destroy us even if we are deemed as too violent at least not until we were steps away from being an actual threat which gives us a lot of time to socially evolve. Which we will have to if we plan to survive if we ever truly start colonizing our solar system. We would have to move past our tribalism or a war waged from space will either annihilate us or knock us back to the stone age. There is no such thing as an unarmed space ship it would only take one suicidal pilot to make 911 look like a car crash in relation to the damage that could be done.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I doubt they would destroy us.....I'm almost certain they wouldn't help us.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:36 AM
link   
No, they aren't going to wipe us out.

Consider for a moment how clueless most governments, science types and leaders are. If we're ascribing human characteristics to aliens, we can assume similar foibles as well.

They're not going to wipe us out because they're scared of us. Because of the documentaries. Specifically the great historical series with Captain Kirk, the great documentary detailing how we deal with alien invaders, UFO and the historical reenactment series Star Wars.

They're probably thinking they need to stay away from Earth because we got the kick ass starships and all they got is some goofy tic-tac gumby half assed shoping cart flying saucer.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   
People can say what they want, but human beings are a plague on this planet. Look how nature has blossomed again since we've been on lockdown. The planets resources would replenish in no time without us around to destroy them.

I think if an advanced alien race came to us, they would see what we do to the resources of this world and get rid of us. Maybe this planet is one of the only ones around with the rich resources they need to survive.

As for being too violent. Yes, humans are too violent. Our first instinct is to survive. If that means getting violent to do it, so be it. I can't imagine though that we would get wiped out because of this reason though.

edit on Thu, 11 Jun 2020 03:43:31 -0500032062020000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Have you read Skyward by Brandon Sanderson?

Right now the aliens are shaking their heads in disgust and rolling back our evolutionary progress meter. We’re just above Neanderthals now. Say goodbye to any chance of contact in our lifetime. Unless they decide that extermination is best, and tbh I’m okay with that right now. How can we as a species ever handle an alien race when we can’t even unite together as one human race. Incinerate us please for the good of the universe. /rant over

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

I think other animals can be far more savage than humans.

The difference is they more or less do it for reasons of survival, hunger or procreation.
We excel in violence upon each other for reasons of greed, selfishness and hatred.
We massacre each other over ideas and differences about the unprovable.
We develop more and more efficient and devestating methods of killing each other for no other reason other than we can.
We inflict horrific pain and suffering on each other for literally no reason at all.
We delight in denying others food and safe haven despite having more than ample ourselves.
We waste untold amounts of 'wealth' and riches causing untold levels of suffering because we seek to deny others that which we have ourselves.

I could go on, but I think you get the point.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   
thinking about this premise of " aliens exterminating us "

IF an alien " force " did actually decide to exterminate humanity .

would we even // ever know ??????????????????

its not a silly question - like how do you know you are dead

think of the deathstar one - exterminating alderan - in the origional star wars

did anyone on alderan know ?? - the star wars canon - is so vague // contradictory - i CBA google

i have done pest // vermin control - and wondered this conceppt

now scale tthat to an alien force with the power to zap the entire planet earth - one hit - everything dead

of course - because of this thinking - i find most film // tv // book // manga depictions of aliens hear to exterminate us - utterly farcical

YMMV

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
If they did, then they'd be the animals, but since humans are so bad, it might as well be considered mercy.

Besides, they'd just outsmart us anyways.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Being honest and realistic about it I reckon they are just having fun watching what our civilisation get upto. Apart from concern that we gonna nuke our planet Earth, they just buzz over our heads and enjoy the comedy of observing us primitives like we watch a nature program. As long as we don't nuke the planet then they probably will just let us get on with our ways, indeed they might well have stepped in many times already to change our destiny post 1945 in order to stop the nukes going off

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

No. I think some wait for us to do ourselves in...and just come in to repopulate.

I believe, it's always been like that IMO
edit on 11-6-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I do not think they would take us out unless we were seriously a danger to other planets. From what I have gathered other races have also had their violent periods. What I do find interesting is that the ones who claim to know say that eventually most intelligent races (for lack of a better word here) eventfully divide into the good and the bad. IE good grays /bad grays good nordics /bad nordics good reptilians /bad reptilians ect.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

What if they showed up all like spreading love and ushered in world peace or something?

After all, many of us here on ATS know who is really behind all the violence and global division.... it is not an accident.

-Driver

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join