It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon will temporarily stop providing its facial recognition software to police

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
From my point of view,
Amazon is pro-looting.

The more local shops that get shut down by riots, the more people that will order basic supplies online- and the fewer shops to be buying those supplies.
That drives Amazon's cost to buy down, and number of sales up.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

For that to make a noticeable change in Amazon's revenue it had to be a general looting across all the country, I don't think a dozen stores in a half dozen locations makes any difference in Amazon's world wide market.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

For a year.

So Antifa and BLM domestic terrorists can continue to terrorize the country before the election without fear of this system.

We are in a Civil War. The quicker the right realizes this and starts to physically fight back the quicker this will be over.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
On one hand i think this is good. Amazon shouldn’t even have this service. Corporate spying is one of the greater evils we allow in the system

On the other this is blatant clout chasing by a multinational corporation which will embolden people to think the corporation is on their side.

Pro tip: they’re not. They don’t care about BLM, and their support probably means BLM no longer means what you think it does.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: a325nt

For that to make a noticeable change in Amazon's revenue it had to be a general looting across all the country, I don't think a dozen stores in a half dozen locations makes any difference in Amazon's world wide market.

People are avoiding areas of cities where protests are taking place. Businesses in those areas won't open as long as there are protestors intimidating them.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
On one hand i think this is good. Amazon shouldn’t even have this service. Corporate spying is one of the greater evils we allow in the system

On the other this is blatant clout chasing by a multinational corporation which will embolden people to think the corporation is on their side.

Pro tip: they’re not. They don’t care about BLM, and their support probably means BLM no longer means what you think it does.

Which is what's so painful to behold in all this. When the corporations, celebs, and politicians are fully on board with 'your agenda,' then it's not your agenda...it's their's.
edit on 6/11/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join