It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End American racism by ending labels

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:35 AM
link   
'Lets end cats and dogs in America by not calling them cats and dogs and pretending that means they no longer exist'.

Not a very logical approach.

Maybe if people started talking instead of inventing strawman arguments of white-guilt, racism doesn't exist in the modern day and minorities aren't targeted by police and societal systems then actual progress can be made to abolish racism instead of ignoring it and sweeping it under the carpet.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Everyone in this thread is using labels even the OP. Nationalism isn’t the answer. Calling yourself American will just be more of the same. What we need is for people to check their egos and pride at the door and boil it down to the simplest denominator; we’re human beings all trying to survive in this world. Plain and simple. That’s what I fill out on my forms every time. Oh and I’m not a leftist liberal either.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Hmm i don`t know about that, dogs diverged from an now extinct group of wolves about 27-40.000 years ago,

And the aboriginals diverged about 58.000 years ago and have unique biological adaptations that differ from the larger gene pools.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I learned hate from people of all colors. So, I learned that all colors hate. So, I learned that all humans hate. I was never able to wrap my brain around it, understand it. Still today I am a victim of it. But its my fault. I'm 47 years old and its my fault. I remember a time I wasnt a victim, when I didnt really know hate. I still remember it even though that was a long time ago now. But still, its my fault, because I know how humans are, I know how I am. As long as I perpetuate and wallow in it, its my fault. Everyone does it. I will not be responsible for anyone but myself. I suggest every HUMAN do the same.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Hmm i don`t know about that, dogs diverged from an now extinct group of wolves about 27-40.000 years ago,

And the aboriginals diverged about 58.000 years ago and have unique biological adaptations that differ from the larger gene pools.

How are they unique?? they are part of that old Austroneasn poplulation, yes they can be isolates but not a different species or sub species (which is what a race is) , we are not comparable to cats and dogs.
edit on 11-6-2020 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

There is a genetic mountain separating us from one another, like for example more or less 100% of indigenous Mexicans have wisdom teeth compared to almost zero % of Tasmanian Aboriginal population.

All quite fascinating.

Also i did not speak about cats, only about dogs and wolves, and they are different groups of animals sharing a common ancestors
and can still produce offspring.

But since you mentioned cats, also lions and tigers share an extinct common ancestor, and these animals can also produce offspring together, and no, they are not sterile hybrids.
edit on 11-6-2020 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: solve

Its the same with dog breeds, yes they are all dogs, but have different appearances,abilities and attributes.

Gets even more interesting when looking at Aboriginals.

No we don't , actually we are closer with all our apparent differences than two species of dogs or cats we all belong to the species homo sapian , cultural and languages may differ, yes we may differ due to certain micro environmental factors, short stumpy Innuit to tall , Tutsi, or short Ba-twa. Ppl, back to tall Sweds , in all else we have the same basic abilities for grasping complex ideas and problem solving.

Also ignorant to say that the Inut only differs from us because they are "short and stumpy"

You can find out yourself if you move to live with them, lets see how far your lipid metabolism gets you.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

Meant no disrespect to the Innuit people,
And yes being of tropical origins , I'm more likely to suffer cold related illness, and yes those difference you mentioned are real, I could add ear wax,hard ,crumbly and wet., shovel teeth folks and non shovel teeth folks, folks born with a blue spot on their backs and folks without.
However all those differences do not s race make in humans.
"Race" as it's understood in science is a discrete biological entity which we simply do not fall under.
If can talk about social races if need be, but not on a scientific level.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Also worth pointing out that the Neanderthal is considered a different species, yet, many of us have neanderthal blood in our veins because our ancestors mated and created hybrids, this where Linnaeus classifications and general taxa becomes just words and nothing more.

But anyways just wanted to point out that maybe instead of shouting we are all the same, we should celebrate our differences, i think it would be a positive thing.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Agreed on that point
Thanks for the beer..

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
rH negatives can be considered as a separate race, genetically.

Should we eliminate ALL rH negatives?

rH negatives want to know...

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
What do you propose to erase racism? Keep telling people how one group is horribly oppressed and tell another group they are horrible oppressors and the reason for al of this is some skin pigment and people are truly evil. Im over that story it’s a boring narrative that has no exit.

a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

And yet, we can all interbreed and as has happened time and time again whole "races" as you define them have disappeared into the genetic salad that is humanity. Which in time will happen to most "races" as we define them today.

Even by your definition it's misused commonly. Black isn't a race, it's a skin color. Your aboriginal australians would be considered black if they lived in the US despite genetically being quite distinct from most here with black skin. A ridiculously large amount of people considered black in the US have white heritage, many even white parents.

Race is stupid, because unless you can genetically tell every person apart under the microscope, at which point most will be so mixed up trying to classify them as a "race" would be stupid anyway, it serves no purpose in everyday casual use.

It's not even helpful, people get dumb ideas like the preservation of their distinct race, which is ridiculous because even the aboriginal australians are a mix of traits of peoples before them, we all are and I guarantee if they truly knew their heritage most would find they aren't as "pure" as they think they are. Inbreeding is bad, genetic diversity is good, there is nothing inherently positive about trying to preserve any "race" Not saying not to breed with who you love, but restricting by race for reasons of "race" rather than personal attraction or love is ridiculous.

My first girlfriend was black skinned and gorgeous, but was from central America had a crazy thick accent and we had nothing in common other than physical attraction, so that didn't work. Second was white skinned we had a lot in common, but she still had issues to work out as did I, so didn't work out, third was by your racial nonsense half black and half native american, she turned out to be raging bitch and nag, so that didn't work out. Fourth is white again, most of my issues are worked out and none of hers are the kind I can't help her through. At no point was "race" ever a factor on whether I dated someone. Used to flirt with a "hispanic" girl, and almost dated an "asian" girl.

Point is, we're all human, and none of your races will be here in 1000 years in their current form. Now that we're a global species it's only a matter of time. So if you're dumb enough to be proud of your race, enjoy it while it lasts cause you're ignorant and your extinction is only a matter of time.
edit on 6/13/2020 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I feel sad that we most likely will not take our genetic diversity as far as possible, would be amazing to see the full spectrum that we could be and accomplish.

But no, lets all look the same and be all the same kind of color. Lets all have the same genetic weaknesses too.

And do not lecture me about your genetic diversity, child.

If you knew anything about it you would understand the risks of making the entire human race homogeneous.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

The human race will never truly be homogeneous, that's not how genetic diversity works. We will be forever changing. You're the one promoting we become a static people by promoting "race". Talk about stopping evolution in it's tracks.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I know what you mean,

When and if we reach that point that we mix the genetic pool completely and live in some form of imaginary utopia,
This will the moment when evolution slows down to a crawl.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
I've watched all of this crap unfold... the riots, the political rhetoric... it all comes down, to labels.

The only way that racism will ever end, is if we quit labeling ourselves and we quit labeling each other.

1. No more hyphenated Americans. You are either an American, or you aren't. No more "African-American", "Asian-American", "Hispanic-American" or any of that other crap. If you are a citizen, then you are an American. Period.

2. No more questions of race, in any government paperwork. No more questions of race, period. Seriously, why should you have to claim your race when it comes to any picture ID? It literally has your picture on it.

3. No more separation of races, in any way, shape or form. ZERO identity politics. You are either an American, or you ain't.

4. Eliminate affirmative action, by eliminating race as a qualification for employment or education. Each, according to his/her own merit.

That is how we fix this mess.

We come together, as Americans. We treat each other, as Americans.

If people actually looked at America you will see that as people move up economy wise labels tend to disappear. You are not a black or white engineer, you are an engineer and you are measured by you work ethics and capabilities, as example. Go into higher cost neighborhoods and you will find a full spectrum of the population and they have almost zero issues with each other outside of a few Karens... They hangout together, kids are best friends, work together, go on vacations together so on and so forth. I'm not talking rich here, 120k+ level...LA/NYC type area maybe 200+, and we see this even lower areas of the economy that is high enough to be above of the dysfunctional culture of crime, drugs, gangs, dysfunctional families etc.

There has been some recent changes to this as we see the WOKE white left that have come forward with a level of self created guilt of being white that come mostly from the upper middle class, but most of what I suggest is coming from the lowest level of economy in the country. The mouth pieces for this are people taking advantage of this group to create the labels and make millions off the poor in the process using labels as a tool.

When we look at the poor you have some that are poor not because of poor choices in life, and are there from events outside of their control, but most are there because of a life time and generations of poor choices at the personal level holding them back. They only know what they know and they can't get out of the dysfunction as they see it as life. The poor prey on the poor, they will scam each other any day of the week just as the mouth pieces that get rich off of them as they need someone to blame and so labels are used to separate commonalities and to answer the why, why does my life suck and they do not want to look in the mirror....

This is why we see many blame everyone else but themselves. Hell the KKK are trailer park trash that want to blame minorities for holding them back, but the reality is they have a life time of poor choices that is what really has held them back from being successful...case and point, being KKK is a one big poor choice of many. Good luck Mr. KKK every getting a professional job and moving up, same as a gang member, or even someone that started really bad choices in their early teens and never have stopped.

edit on 13-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

That's not actually possible... do you have any idea what you're talking about? The only way we could stop evolution is by forcing it to stop with designer babies.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Was not talking about stopping it, i said slowing down.

But anyways, if one would like to achieve the best result from the human race, one would need to have multiple original strains, in different locations, evolving differently, and mix them up only when it comes to a point that the ability to interbreed is becoming compromised, and even then the newly hybridized specimens would still need to cross back with the original strains, and even if the end result is a good organism, we still would need a genetic failsafe if things evolve in a bad direction.

There is a slight chance that us humans and this planet is a genetic failsafe and we do not even know it, because these things become even more important to beings that live in artificial environments.
edit on 13-6-2020 by solve because: (no reason given)

So in theory, we could all do our own thing for about 4-5 million years, and then have our way with each other, the resulting organism would be far superior than the parent species, and would greatly surpass our current spawning.

And for the sake of the OP, i think we can all agree that mistake number one was bringing in and introducing foreign populations A.K.A slaves. Also colonialism, same thing.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

"Mr. Solve, what you've just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Edited from Billy Madison for humor because frankly, there's so much wrong with what you said, there really is no way to respond to it without this thread going off into a huge tangential argument about genetics and how absolutely absurd what you just said is.
edit on 6/14/2020 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join