It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End American racism by ending labels

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I've watched all of this crap unfold... the riots, the political rhetoric... it all comes down, to labels.

The only way that racism will ever end, is if we quit labeling ourselves and we quit labeling each other.

1. No more hyphenated Americans. You are either an American, or you aren't. No more "African-American", "Asian-American", "Hispanic-American" or any of that other crap. If you are a citizen, then you are an American. Period.

2. No more questions of race, in any government paperwork. No more questions of race, period. Seriously, why should you have to claim your race when it comes to any picture ID? It literally has your picture on it.

3. No more separation of races, in any way, shape or form. ZERO identity politics. You are either an American, or you ain't.

4. Eliminate affirmative action, by eliminating race as a qualification for employment or education. Each, according to his/her own merit.

That is how we fix this mess.

We come together, as Americans. We treat each other, as Americans.

edit on 9-6-2020 by madmac5150 because: Title change

edit on 9-6-2020 by madmac5150 because: Yarrrrrrrrrrrrr

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I've actually been saying that for years. But just know you'll be called a racist and lots of other things for saying so.

edit on 9-6-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Spoken like a true progressive leftist.

edit on 9-6-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

In the un christian heart bigotry and bias will never be abolished and neither will discrimination, it is at the root of tribal mentality in so many people.

They identify themselves by there colour, abolish that and they will still identify themselves by there imaginary class in which they see themselves and there peer's as superior to other's, eliminate that and it will be there wealth, there religion, there nationality, there beliefs etc.

Best you can do is get people to start to be more empathic, unfortunately too many folk's are simply lacking empathy and that is the problem with society, also fear of different is hard wired into the human psyche, maybe not so much when we are children but definitely once we pass into adulthood.

If you could get everyone to believe in Christ and practice even a little of his teaching's the world would be a million time's better for everyone.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

In the un christian heart bigotry and bias will never be abolished and neither will discrimination, it is at the root of tribal mentality in so many people.

They identify themselves by there colour, abolish that and they will still identify themselves by there imaginary class in which they see themselves and there peer's as superior to other's, eliminate that and it will be there wealth, there religion, there nationality, there beliefs etc.

Best you can do is get people to start to be more empathic, unfortunately too many folk's are simply lacking empathy and that is the problem with society, also fear of different is hard wired into the human psyche, maybe not so much when we are children but definitely once we pass into adulthood.

If you could get everyone to believe in Christ and practice even a little of his teaching's the world would be a million time's better for everyone.

I agree with you, in principle. I am a Christian.

Yet, forcing a religion on others... that hasn't ever really worked. I could cite history...

edit on 9-6-2020 by madmac5150 because: PUNK2A-shun

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This is just Newspeak of 1984

Erasing a word from the vernacular will not erase its existence

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I have been behind this forever. In my union, we call each other brother or sister.

I call people I like , good people, and those I don't like, assholes and such. Some people are just trash. We are all one race. Just cultural differences that seperate us. Wasn't long ago, after 9/11 , there was a huge hatred for muslims. But they are not bad. Like all societies, there is bad and good.

It's not race , if there is even such a thing, it is good versus bad.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Spoken like a true progressive leftist.

I think answer makes more sense for this country. he (she) is a true leftist...ending labels. how would we know which ones of whom doesn't have the hyphen are truly Americans. [forget the natives for one sec]

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Everyone wants to be unique...and part of their own group who's different from the other groups. Why do (many) black people choose to use ebonics over typical english language? Because they want to fit into their own unique group and not follow the perceived standard of the other group. On one hand it's revolt, on the other it's simply trying to be perceived as cool/fit in within their own group.

Is this wrong? HELL NO. The English language is a #ing fiasco. But that's a story for a completely different topic.

edit on 9-6-2020 by FlukeSkywalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I

stupid #)

edit on 9-6-2020 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker
Everyone wants to be unique...and part of their own group who's different from the other groups. Why do (many) black people choose to use ebonics over typical english language? Because they want to fit into their own unique group and not follow the perceived standard of the other group. On one hand it's revolt, on the other it's simply trying to be perceived as cool/fit in within their own group.

Is this wrong? HELL NO. The English language is a #ing fiasco. But that's a story for a completely different topic.

That's all fine and well, until groups form. Each group claims that they are somehow better... or more unique.

They take on labels. They separate themselves. They divide, and fight. Sounds familiar... great idea.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I didn't say it was a great idea. Not in a reality like ours where competition and duality (you vs me) is prominent. I'm just stating the fact that everyone wants to feel unique...and at times (most of the time) better than the others they are seemingly competing with.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Racism will never leave or be gone when you have racists thugs like Obama and profiteers cracking the whip on all his supposed coulda been his sons. Giving minorities an excuse as to why they broke the law and should be excused because white racism caused them to behave and obey their massahs. Go protest slaves its what your massahs want you to do. They will dog whistle a good possible issue and when they do your job is to come behave like animals for something you dont even know what your protesting just doing the massahs bidding.

Silence after so much death in chicago burn down livelihoods because your massahs told you too.

Being this stupid your right they will never be without chains.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

A noble idea!

Sadly, racism will never be gone because racism is a thought. It's an idea. A concept.

And in a free society, we can't ban or make thought illegal.

We'll just have to take the good with the bad.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker

I didn't say it was a great idea. Not in a reality like ours where competition and duality (you vs me) is prominent. I'm just stating the fact that everyone wants to feel unique...and at times (most of the time) better than the others they are seemingly competing with.

Why can't we just identify as "Americans", and leave it at that?

If you REALLY need a secondary identity, in the spirit of the US Constitution, use your birth state.

I am a proud, West Virginia-American. I now live in Idaho, but I am a West Virginian. If West Virginia University should play Boise State in football... I will root for WVU.

Go Mountaineers.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

That has been my stance since the 80’s!!

”Political Correct” is neither political or correct

My favorite quote from around that time is a radio preacher who said, “I am not an ‘African-American’! I am black. And I happen to be American”. I was like, “Hell yeah!!” (It was the late 80’s or early 90’s and spelled words out...).

That is when I realized that it was just another way to “call a hatchet an axe” as gross stereotype of a “kind of person in [your] mind, applied to the group”.

That is an argument for the specific to the general. You lose the Namaste of the individual in that thinking (look up more than one meaning for that word).

You are correct! Thanks for the work!! And I hope that my post can help others around the fence post and end this stupid... well you know!

PS - RU going to watch Oprah school us!! I think I got it but the vision into other minds is always interesting. So I will probably watch. And thanks to insomnia, it will be on repeat for the next week!

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

PS - RU going to watch Oprah school us!! I think I got it but the vision into other minds is always interesting. So I will probably watch. And thanks to insomnia, it will be on repeat for the next week!

Would Ron Swanson watch Oprah?

No. He would not.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
You got a thread like this and I have been complaining for years that they took the label off the back inside of the underwear. You have to turn the light on to put your shorts on now, you cannot feel that little writing in the dark. That is one of the biggest conspiracies I can think of, when I turn on the light it pisses off the wife who is still sleeping. Underwear companies are trying to break up marriages.

Oh, maybe this is not about underwear labels? But it is hard to get things on straight when you are RACING to get dressed when you have to go somewhere.
edit on 9-6-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
How about " Hi, I'm Kevin" or "Hi, I'm Sharon" ?

Just leave the other stuff out.

Let you figure out if I am an asshole or not.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
You got a thread like this and I have been complaining for years that they took the label off the back inside of the underwear. You have to turn the light on to put your shorts on now, you cannot feel that little writing in the dark. That is one of the biggest conspiracies I can think of, when I turn on the light it pisses off the wife who is still sleeping. Underwear companies are trying to break up marriages.

Oh, maybe this is not about underwear labels? But it is hard to get things on straight when you are RACING to get dressed when you have to go somewhere.

Don't yours have the little velcro tabs on each side?

Bwahahahahaha

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join