It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the right protests they bear collective responsibility but if the left does it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Case in point: Charlottesville Va, Unite the right rally where the violence was split evenly while the cops stood down. After the rally is over 1 man from the right runs over and kills a woman and it is the fault of everyone attending the rally on the right. Remember that? Oh the smears for everyone not on the left, you must be a racist blah blah.

Many American cities have been trashed by the left, led by BLM and Antifa with thousands of injuries and at least a dozen or more deaths. The damages are somehow not the fault of the BLM, oh no! They were driven to this, nay forced to protest violently (we call that rioting) by all the systemic racism and white supremacy inundating their lives day in and day out.

Agency. Personal choice and responsibility used to be considered a normal thing. Today's left says you can do whatever you want and blame it on the victim. This cannot continue or there will be a civil war if not a race war which nobody but a few insane idiots could ever want.

Double standards, hypocrisy, outright lying.
We neither deserve it nor should tolerate it.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

You b just hating man, stop the hate speech.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Don't leave out the anti-lockdown protests - those guys were trying to kill everyone with their covid19 infected bodies. Heartless a-holes, practically nonhuman.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve

You b just hating man, stop the hate speech.

I know, I can't help it.
My skin color and all.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Go out there and spread your message then and fight for what you believe in.

Whether you agree or disagree with the protesters, they're at least out there trying to change things.

Other people are going to change the world for you if you don't try.

Imagine the percentage of colonists during the American Revolution who supported England.

They were fine with the status quo, yet their countrymen weren't and did something about it that still altered their lives.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Don't leave out the anti-lockdown protests - those guys were trying to kill everyone with their covid19 infected bodies. Heartless a-holes, practically nonhuman.

The double standard case in point.
Protest the lockdown you are anti-science and willing to kill grandma.
Loot the Gucci store for George, you are fighting White supremacy.
They are controlling the narrative thanks to the MSM and only Trump is standing against it.
Our nation is fading fast at this rate and those standing against this tide of insanity need our support.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
From what I recall, the original permitted protest in Va was tampered with by authorities. They moved them out of that area and were trying to instigate a strong clash. I don't know if that is true but I did read it in a couple articles. It makes sense because if the protests peaceful then they would have to honor that although many city officials disagreed with them, end of the day they caused no harm.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Psilocyborg

The movement is based on a narrative with no facts or statistics to back it up.
Ripping down statues and demanding police departments disband is change alright.
I would argue it is not democratic nor is it particularly sane.
All I see is chaos and destruction with no particular goals in mind.
"Ending racism" and "Dismantling white supremacy' are open-ended ideals with no metric to measure by.
They are also very demeaning to everyone who has worked for years to end it, in fact a real slap in the face.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets
Charlottesville was a heavily manipulated event designed to create outrage.
It worked brilliantly, Trump has been a racist ever since.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
But just for these new protests, WHO came out and said that COVID now cannot be spread by asymptomatic people. Notice they only said this now since not many people will be getting sick during the protests. They are trying to cover up their mistake they made in the past, spreading fear without proper evidence to back it. People will take it with a grain of salt now that the protesting and rioting carrot has drawn our attention. I personally am kind of irritated that they made me believe a lie about covid being transmitted easily that way.

But now, Who does a one eighty again when challenged. www.statnews.com...

I think that Europe needs to replace the leadership of the WHO. They are not assimilating evidence properly, they are more interested in blasting Trump for cutting their funding because they got caught lying than they are about helping the countries they work for.
edit on 9-6-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Is this a joke thread? Every single day we see posts by the right where they will search out some anecdotal story by someone they deem to be 'the left' and then apply it to the entire left/democrats/progressives/etc. That has almost been the MO of the right on ATS ever since I started lurking, but it certainly got exponentially worse in the Obama years.

Talk about blatant hypocrisy. Good lord.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Every single day we see posts by the right where they will search out some anecdotal story by someone they deem to be 'the left' and then apply it to the entire left/democrats/progressives/etc.

Like all cops are bad so riot,loot,beat,burn,throw incendaries devices,blow up ATMS,make some more IEDS until their hearts are content.

The op made a valid point.

Silence is Violence-Their words.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Double standards, hypocrisy, outright lying.

It's a two way street pal.

Watergate, Lewinski, both sides are responisble for any action or inaction. Blaming the left for whatever occurs is like me calling you ugly without seeing your face.

This was an act of a certain individual, it's not like the left or right directly ordered the officer to kill the man. Don't use the death of this man as a political catapault, that applies to the left and right.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Responsibility? Hypocrisy? Integrity?

Not in this society bub.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Every single day we see posts by the right where they will search out some anecdotal story by someone they deem to be 'the left' and then apply it to the entire left/democrats/progressives/etc.

Like all cops are bad so riot,loot,beat,burn,throw incendaries devices,blow up ATMS,make some more IEDS until their hearts are content.

The op made a valid point.

Silence is Violence-Their words.

What point was that? The one where you just hypocritically did exactly what the OP talked about?

Are there a bunch of posts here condoning that behavior? No. You know that compared to the number of peaceful protestors, those committing crimes have been a very small percentage and not necessarily even part of the protests. But it just wouldn't be ATS if there wasn't some laughable degree of hypocrisy in the righty posts. Good work.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

So ALL cops are bad.

Thanks for playing.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Well, for alot of people, this country was made by racism.

Alot of what our society has today was built on the anguish of Native Americans and slaves.

Marijuana is illegal because of the negro and mexican menace.

As a member of ATS, do you really believe that politicians care? Do you believe they're going to fix this? We could just vote with our phones on individual laws yet we still elect a few to have so much power.
So much for democracy.

For our karmic energies to get fixed, a part of America has to die.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
well i have seen a video of one officer who tried saying a man who was protesting on public property was trespassing and when the guy refused to just leave try arresting him and the guy running away 30 seconds later another cop stops the first wile the first is saying he is under arrest for trespassing over and over the second cop saying he was NOT trespassing the first insisting he was under arrest. Finly the cop tring to arrest the man just shuts up .

VERY VERY first time I have ever seen a video of a cop stopping a cop from a illegal arrest .
so many good cops start Posting all teh videos of a cop TRING to stop a cop who is beating a person man women of child GO one should be 100s of them after all 100s of videos with COPS PLURAL beating tazing gass and NOT just during teh last week .

come on show us a stop with a total non issue dioes not to show good cop bad cop a Video EVEN one showing any cop stopping a bad cops WILE said bad cop is beating tazing faulsly arresting any person then maybe your them of so many good cops will mean something
edit on 9-6-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Psilocyborg

For our karmic energies to get fixed, a part of America has to die.

Before you get your revolutionary stiffy.

Be warned, your enemy hasn't even started to fight back.

Chairman Mao would be proud of you though. lulz

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
many cops walking out in many citys for many reasons sheriffs are still onduty but even if sheriffs walk out people will just start hiring security guards for towns and citys Security guards who can be fired and charged .
of corse there will be crimes commited just like when the cops are on duty the only difference is no cop to clean up the mess because who you kidden best cop ever mite have stopped one or 2 crimes in progress in his entire time being a police .
COPS RARLY STOP A CRIME they just clean up teh mess after

top topics

<<   2 >>

join