It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gretsch or Epiphone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Tie No Bows!
It depends on what sound your looking for Rockabilly mostly Gretsch with a Bigsby. Think Stray Cats....

edit on 9-6-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: americanbuffalo1
And Fender owns Gretsch. I personally own 2 Epihones and have been as pleased with them as I am with my Gibson's.

I love my solid body Epi acoustic.

And I love my Strat, lol. Single coil all the way.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:14 AM
link   
In modesty Ill say I 'cant' play?
Im back at that stage where I can string chords together on the acoustic and the dog doesnt run away any more.
Its like learning morse remembering the chord names, I can hold the chords and slowly making progress changing between each. Some tunes are less complicated but certainly recognisable....I DONT sing.

First riffs I ever got together back in the day were 'Layla' & 'Oh Well' with Pete Green, chords were 'Rising Sun' of course and the chords from 'Stairway'...."wind on down the road' section? First spanish was slow like Malaguena, simple but cant remember the title. Have to find that 'name that tune' website and see if I can find that.

So...in my sixties, mostly house bound and wired and wonderful taste in music to chase after. My only audience is the dog and my wife occasionally. Whats to lose?

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Tie No Bows!

Kinda what I'm doing with drums. Had a crappy Tama kit for years but no money or room. I'm able to set it up now and I just got a set of Zildjian cymbals for $200, a really good deal. I just need two cymbal boom stands, a throne, clutch and double bass pedal. Not going to spend the money on the pedal right now.

Just for fun and maybe a little physical therapy for my bum foot.

Good luck in your search.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Update: Called the Epi guy and it had sold an hour before Mr Gretsch had raised his by another£50.

So I sat back and waited last night I came across an Epi WildKat with Bigsby for £250!
Just sorting out an address and a trip to an ATM...heres hoping!
Got another surprise too right out of the blue...
Normally we ignore all the trash ads that pop-up when browsing, only this time the ad was for a Positive Grid 40?
I only have a teeny practice amp for now, so an amp was on the cards. I almost wet the sofa when I looked at the PG40 on YouTube! Bet the Covid gets me the day the amp arrives LOL

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Done!

A Wildkat in maple silver Bigsby and in mint condition.
£250! Feels great, you can feel it vibrate for ages.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join