It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rename Military bases, soon to be towns and counties.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

US Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy and Secretary of Defense Mark Esper are said to be open to holding a "bipartisan conversation" about renaming nearly a dozen major bases and installations that bear the names of Confederate military commanders, according to an Army official.

Well, I called this one early on. When the first statues started all their racists antics, taunting little defenseless snowflakes with their slave trading and overt behavior, they had to be removed. Any civil war statue that existed, was a potential offender. Somehow, they skirted the law of the perpetually offended for years, but no longer! As the pussification of generations reached it's crescendo, scores of butt hurt assholes swarmed the statues, used mob violence to tear them down, and in some cased, even beat them up a little.

When this started, those with a little vision could see that this wouldn't be the end, but simply the beginning of a long drawn out temper tantrum, and like aids, it spread to all who chose to ingest it's pleasures. So where does it end? Surely when all the horrible offending bits of art commemorating racists and slavers are removed, the evil will have been vanquished? Well, not so fast, as the beginning of the OP states. Military bases will need to be renamed. That won't be expensive, it won't take long, and won't really be that much of an issue. But towns and counties across the south, towns like Vanceboro, named after Zebulon Vance, who was a general for the south, and alive during the slave times, will certainly have to go. Perhaps it can be changed to Obamaville, or something along those lines.

I think the moral of the story here, is that when you give in just a little, and you let the child run roughshod over your rules, he won't be satisfied, he will be emboldened. He will want more. And eventually, he will become so ate up with the stupid, that he will demand you refer to him as some gender neutral pronoun, lest you be arrested. (If I told you that 10 years ago, think of the laughter)

This my friends, is the beginning of the end. Enjoy the ride.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
This my friends, is the beginning of the end. Enjoy the ride.

YeeHaw!! Giddyap!!

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I think we should just rip off the band-aid and name everything after African-Americans. We can rename military bases, colleges, cities, streets all of it. We should just wipe out any semblance that the majority in the country even exists. Let's take it all the way and only have monuments and statues of African-Americans.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

that seems to be the "go to" move here. Appease the masses and hope they don't break things anymore. We sure can't stop them from breaking things, that would be wrong.

Perhaps we could just do variations of Obama and George Floyd. Obamaville, north Obama, south Obama, west Floydville, Floydland, Floyd Village.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
They should double down and rename the bases things like :
Fort Trump
Camp Epstien didn't kill himself
Joint Base Arkancide

I'm sure we could come up with some good ideas for mass triggering.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
New Hampshire may have to rename the White Mountains, but Vermont should be allowed to keep the name the same on their Green Mountains.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Yep i knew it was coming never enough they always want more
We have way to many Morons in charge reply to: network dude

edit on 9-6-2020 by bluesman462002 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: MRinder

that seems to be the "go to" move here. Appease the masses and hope they don't break things anymore. We sure can't stop them from breaking things, that would be wrong.

Perhaps we could just do variations of Obama and George Floyd. Obamaville, north Obama, south Obama, west Floydville, Floydland, Floyd Village.

What about Snoop Dogg Highway, where everyone drives while high as a kite? Sounds like a magical world.

Can you imagine explaining this new world order to your children?
"Hey Daddy, why is everything named Floyd. He must have been an amazing person."

"Well son, he was. He was a great drug user and violent criminal. If you avoid school all together and aspire to live a rap music lifestyle, one day you might have streets named after you."

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
They should double down and rename the bases things like :
Fort Trump
Camp Epstien didn't kill himself
Joint Base Arkancide

I'm sure we could come up with some good ideas for mass triggering.

Priceless!

Trump should jump on this and start with Bragg. I'd love to have Ft.Trump in my back yard! Erect a statue made of Bronze that weathers into an orange hue, and make it really big, like 50ft tall. Yuge even.

ETA: and give it tiny hands and a smart phone, so everyone can realize that his tiny hands enable him to tweet so much better than anyone else. he does tweet better than anyone.
edit on 9-6-2020 by network dude because: added thought

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Seriously? This is Trump we're talking about. He doesn't have to rename Bragg. Just correct the spelling. Knock off a "g" and explain that it was named for him.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

rename Mo ami in Floyda!

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Rename them all to variations of Place and Location.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Rename Military bases, soon to be towns and counties.

Snip hole #1.

Snip hole #2.

Snip hole #3.

Much easier.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
But then normal pissed off people will start tearing down those statues too. Screw Obama.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Fort East Coast 1
Fort East Coast 2

lol

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
But then normal pissed off people will start tearing down those statues too. Screw Obama.

naw, there are laws around to prevent stuff like that from happening.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This is what our children are learning. If you don't like it, convince a few others not to like it, then tear that sh!t down. And all the problems of society are fixed. no, really.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Why doesn't Germany have any Nazi statues?

There are shameful events in every nations history that they most likely wouldn't want to glorify.

Let me ask you this:
Why are you upset over a rock that represents America at the height of division and racism being torn down?

Would you feel better if we replaced the statues with segregated water fountains?

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Psilocyborg

Why doesn't Germany have any Nazi statues?

Because Allied forces bombed the snip out of most of them.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Oh ok. Winners make the landscape I see.

I was under the impression that the South lost the Civil War.

So where's the issue with removing the statue?
edit on 9-6-2020 by Psilocyborg because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join