It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle - driver shoots protestor. Crime or Justified?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: RazorV66

That is a shortened clip of the full video. There is a gigantic peaceful protest going on there and no one driving anywhere near that street. The driver comes speeding towards the crowd and yes protesters attack the vehicle after he tried barreling through them, he then exits the vehicle with a gun and starts pointing it at people.

Self defense or another case of play stupid games win stupid prizes? Imo It's not self defense if you attempt murder and then shoot your gun after your victims retaliate.

Not sure if you will be able to view this but the mayhem starts around the 30 min mark m.facebook.com...

Speeding towards the crowd? Did you watch it in fast forward or something? He's driving slowly at a reasonable pace.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Man defending himself against a bunch of wild animals..
Glad he got out okay, I hope they catch the ones that damaged his car.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

He's actually moving pretty slowly and seems to be directing his vehicle into the relatively empty middle section of the street when he first appears on that video at 30:25. Unfortunately, the camera cuts away, so we don't see what happened from there and how he ends up with a guy hanging out of his driver's side window, but on the basis of that video, I'm not seeing anything that changes my initial view of the situation. Again, maybe he shouldn't be on that street, but it otherwise looks to me as an unprovoked attack by the crowd, followed by the driver defending himself.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
one thing for sure if that man has a record and cant not own a gun he is up crap creek no matter if he was totlly in teh right check in a week on any charges they try to get him on .
If he could own a gUn no way ANY charge sticks NO jury would convict on that video .
has to be all 12 who say Guilty
edit on 8-6-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

Speeding towards the crowd? Did you watch it in fast forward or something? He's driving slowly at a reasonable pace.

Agreed. To me, it appears that he's initially moving slowly and attempting to direct his vehicle *away* from the bystanders along the side of the street.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

That is a shortened clip of the full video. There is a gigantic peaceful protest going on there and no one driving anywhere near that street. The driver comes speeding towards the crowd and yes protesters attack the vehicle after he tried barreling through them, he then exits the vehicle with a gun and starts pointing it at people.

Self defense or another case of play stupid games win stupid prizes? Imo It's not self defense if you attempt murder and then shoot your gun after your victims retaliate.

Not sure if you will be able to view this but the mayhem starts around the 30 min mark m.facebook.com...

What exactly is a reasonable pace to drive towards a crowd at a shutdown intersection with barricades erected? Just wondering.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
speeding LOL that car was going SLOWER tehn walking speed most of teh video or at best fast walking speed speeding not even close Hitting any one again NOPE untill the car was STOPPED and attacked NO one came withing 3 to 6 feet when it was moving
Lord i am defending a swastika tated dude and it turns my guts .

well tats are legal any tats this man HIT NO ONE not even close and in NO way was he doing more then 2 - 5 MPH easy for any one to move out away from Unless they flat out put them self in a place to be hit as SOME will to gain attation

Uhm, the tattoos were photoshopped...

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

What exactly is a reasonable pace to drive towards a crowd at a shutdown intersection with barricades erected? Just wondering.

The speed that he was moving at. No one was at risk of being run over. He's moving slowly, and you know it. This is a nonsense argument fella.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye
Not entirely sure, clarity is really muddled at best, but Mother, I think we found our first local-to-the-site example of not believing it's photoshopped.

O btw the man has swastika tats does that change anything NOT ONE person Before the car was stopped was In any danger of being hit .

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

Guess we’ll have to disagree. A reasonable speed to drive towards people at closed intersection with barricades would be “zero miles an hour” in my opinion. Pretending I said anything about him moving fast is the nonsense argument, guy.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

After much thought and review of military tactics over the last 2000 years. They have come up with a foolproof strategy to prevent senseless shooting like this .

MOVE!!!
edit on 8-6-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: MotherMayEye
Not entirely sure, clarity is really muddled at best, but Mother, I think we found our first local-to-the-site example of not believing it's photoshopped.

O btw the man has swastika tats does that change anything NOT ONE person Before the car was stopped was In any danger of being hit .

Oh, good gravy.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Since no one has corrected you, the tattoos and MAGA hat were photoshopped onto that pic.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

He's going to have to explain why he's on a closed street during a publicized protest, but beyond that, I'm not seeing what justifies an attempted beat down from a street mob in this video. Not that anything does, really.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

What are you talking about my clip shows him all the way down the street as he is approaching the crowd, and as another poster pointed out I was wrong he was not speeding but he was not driving at an acceptable speed for driving in to a crowd of people on the street do you mean to tell me he could not see the obvious protest going on directly in front of him? He never slowed down and kept driving forward like a moron knowing full well that there was a crowd of people in front of him. A normal person would have stopped and turned around as soon as that crowd came in to his range of vision unless he has been living under a rock for the last two weeks and did not realize there have been protests going on everywhere.
edit on 8-6-2020 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

I think those protesters started attacking him because they thought his intentions were to continue to keep driving all the way through the crowd. What kind of lunatic keeps driving through a crowd of people during an obvious protest on a barricaded street? Charlottesville anyone?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

I think the driver is a moron, yes, and he's definitely guilty of a (potentially serious) traffic violation or two, but I don't see evidence of nefarious intent in these videos. The crowd may have assumed that, and it may be that he had it, but the burden of proof is on their shoulders if they act first, as is the blame if they can't provide it.
edit on 8-6-2020 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Go to around the 27 min mark u can see some not so peaceful protesters tear down a fence that was supposed to be barrier between the protesters and the police, my Spidey senses suspect the driver was notified by someone as soon as things started getting unruly and headed towards the protest to be some kind of hero.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has posted it already, but it seems this guy also turned himself in immediately to the police:

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
I don't know if anyone has posted it already, but it seems this guy also turned himself in immediately to the police:

twitter.com...

It was reported and mentioned in this thread but this is the first time I've seen footage of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join