It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle - driver shoots protestor. Crime or Justified?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Did the driver pull a gun and kill someone as soon as the attack started?

(Checks video evidence)
(Asks wife to confirm)
(Tried to figure out what other guy is seeing, or at least seeing differently)
Nope.

What in Sam Hill are you even talking about?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

No, but I can't just kill a guy at my house and tell the cops I thought he was going to kill me so I killed him first.

There's going to be a court case. That vid will be used and maybe others. Imo that video does not show enough to warrant the use of deadly defense force. But it will be up to the judge and jury.

My guess is that the driver, the guy he shot and a few others will face charges. I don't think anyone involved here is getting off with nothing.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ThouArtGod

We'll see what comes out in the court case.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

No, but I can't just kill a guy at my house and tell the cops I thought he was going to kill me so I killed him first.

You most certainly can. It depends on the circumstances.

If you invite the guy over for a party, and nothing crazy is happening, and you just kill him out of nowhere for seemingly no reason, and there are witnesses that there was no attack or anything happening, yeah self defense is not going to work.

If someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night and you fear for your life and shoot them dead, you will 100% be able to claim self defense, both morally and legally. You are under no obligation to place your life at risk just hoping that this lowlife that broke into your house has no ill intent. This actually happens fairly regularly in this country, it's just not covered by the news because it goes against the "guns are bad" narrative. Here's a place where you can read about the tons of defensive gun uses that take place regularly in the US. Guns are used defensively in the United States every single day. And those are just the ones that have been reported to police. Defensive gun use rarely results in charges, because the person who did the shooting is actually the victim, not the lowlife that got shot like the media always tries to make it out.

Again, you simply do not know what you are talking about here. You are spreading misinformation and I wish you'd stop and try to learn. It's okay to be uninformed on some topics. There are topics I don't know much about. But I don't jump into them and start preaching like I know absolute truth. If you don't know much about something, ask questions and listen to people who do.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Uhh...you can do exactly that, as long as your fear was reasonable.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I can in my state. As soon as they come in uninvited, or commit arson, or burglary on my property it's allowed down here.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

So... the court case will present evidence of him instantly killing someone? I mean, that’s what we are talking about here, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join