It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle - driver shoots protestor. Crime or Justified?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
YT video 1

YT video 2

WaPo

Guy in the car who shot. added from sources in thread:

"Videos showed protesters appearing to chase after a black Honda Civic as it sped down the street toward a larger crowd, slowing just as it crashed into a metal barrier near an intersection. One protester caught up to the vehicle, video by the Seattle Times shows. The man appeared to try to reach inside the driver’s side window, when a shot rang out."

I've never seen such BLATANT propaganda. I've watched many version of the events at hand and not only was the guy NOT speeding. The barricade was pushed into his car. The other man wasn't JUST making an attempt to get into his car, he was mid (MIDDLE OF) assault.

Seattle times
"The victim was taken to Harborview Medical Center." doesn't sit right with me

I don't know how this one is going to play out but from what I see, this seems justified. Now driving down the street with protesters is no good but he wasn't erratically trying to run anyone over. The video in the above even shows that many of the statements in the article and likewise implications are false.

I have a hunch that the shooter; who im not sure is wrong, will be found to be a leo. No evidence, just a feeling.

Lets dissect.
edit on 8-6-2020 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
I have a hunch that the shooter; who im not sure is wrong, will be found to be a leo. No evidence, just a feeling.

Well, if not, don't worry, they'll make sure to call him a white supremacist. That's the in-thing right now.

I don't have time right now, have to go to work, but I wish I could see more of how that whole thing started. All I saw was them bashing his car and him getting out with his pistol. I want to see if what they claim is true, or if they trapped him and this is a defense mechanism, so to speak.

If the video is on that page, sorry I didn't see it.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

The only video I can find starts mid-incident, please post some videos so we can review.

edit on 8-6-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I'm not able to watch the video seeing I don't have a subscription for them.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
All I could find...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kocag

I don't either and NEVER would.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I'm not subscribing to view.

If someone just reaches into the car in an attempt to do something criminal then he can legally be shot..

But if the driver had been hitting people with intent to harm then the pedestrian had every right to intervene.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

im not subbed and have no problem. Added more for the complainers who cant seem to make it work.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
F these assholes....self defense.
Here is a video showing the beginning, he is driving down the street with animals hanging on his car obviously trying to get away from them.
When they block his way, one animal tries to pull him out...bang!
Clear cut self defense.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The only video I can find starts mid-incident, please post some videos so we can review.

Here is the whole clip

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 8-6-2020 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The reaction of the crowd in the video "Oh no!" yeah, oh no alright. You started to assault someone and they are able to defend themselves, oh no indeed.

Edit: And correct me if I'm wrong, but the gentleman in the video is not white, but I'm sure he's white enough.
edit on 6/8/20 by Hypntick because: Additional Reply

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
Here is the whole clip

twitter.com...

It's not. There's already someone hanging on the car, this is the one I saw that's mid-incident.

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
He had ample opportunity to gun down as many as he wanted to when he got out of the car but he didn’t.
Clear cut case of self defense 100%.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Again I preface with, "I am not responding to argue".

Did you write your post after watching the videos, or after reading the article?

I am just trying to determine what helped you come to the view you shared.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Been looking around for about an hour and seen some contradicting ideas. Figured i'd bring it here and let you guys tell me how wrong I am =D .

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Thank you for answering my question.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Ummm...totally justified.."from that video"...too bad he didn't shoot that idiot in the brainpan...

YouSir
edit on 8-6-2020 by YouSir because: just...because

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
F these assholes....self defense.

Shooter dude should go to jail. Only winged him.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Why is that too bad? Didn't the guy in the car do what he needed to without ending the mans life?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join