It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panzer Group Kleist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   
On February, 17th, 1940 General Erich von Manstein presented to Hitler his plan for the "Westfeldzug" (Western Campaign ), the "Sichelschnittplan" (sickle cut plan). To occupy the Netherlands, so the opponents would concentrate their troops in the direction of Belgium, while fast moving German tanks would roll through the Ardennes towards the Channel. A terrain thought to be impenetrable.

At that time German soldiers were given a drug to enhance their performance, Pervitin, the tablet form of Methamphetamine.
On May 13th Ewald von Kleist ordered his troops to stop. And oh boy they did not. Heinz Guerdian, also known as "the fast Heinz" and Erwin Rommel kept going full speed ahead.
Until they ran out of terrain. Literally, they could only be stopped by the Channel.

Can you imagine? Super high soldiers through all ranks driven by meth "we gotta keep going man" probably all having diarrhea... no wonders the French troops were shocked.

*disclaimer: I wanted to do this for the MUL short stories, but there just wasn't any way I could have told that without violating all t&c's, I hope this way it's fine... and just as hilarious to some as it is to me. There are books about the topic drugs and Nazis I highly recommend. Hitler too was abusing many, many substances.

edit on 8-6-2020 by Peeple because: spell

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Yeah I’ve read about this before. The French couldn’t believe it as the Nazi war machine just kept churning on without rest. Didn’t the British try it on their pilots as well?

From what I understand it was a very pure form of amphetamine and killed many soldiers. Imagine trying to recover from a meth session with bullets whizzing around.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   

At that time German soldiers were given a drug to enhance their performance, Pervitin, the tablet form of Methamphetamine

kind of puts the entire notion of the aryan "uber-soldat " in perspective

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I wonder if the Germans slept for three days after they reached the coast?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Them they reached the coast and couldn’t cross the English Channel, despite the Brits and French who escaped abandoning most of their equipment. Britain was wide open to invasion. There weren’t even enough small arms to equip would-be defenders. Now contrast that German failure with numerous amphibious assaults successfully mounted by the Western Allies. The only one I’m aware of that failed was the Dieppe raid, which was really an experiment.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace
Britain was wide open to invasion.

The Germans had no means to invade and the British had already made a decision that if they did somehow manage to invade they would gas them.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The Germans could have absolutely obliterated us at Dunkirk.

Who would believe it, Hitler showed restraint.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

A tactical mistake on their part. They still wouldn't have been able to invade the home islands as they didn't have the resources.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Who would believe it, Hitler showed restraint.

Some historians have actually written that Hitler didn't actually have a problem with Britain and indeed tried to make a truce, the incident with Hess may have been part of that

On the topic of speed (Methamphetamine), it doesn't make you high, it just keeps you going longer, and from my experiences of the past it's a nasty drug

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

He said many times we were his natural allies and offered peace I think 3 or 4 times?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Zcustosmorum

He said many times we were his natural allies and offered peace I think 3 or 4 times?

Very possibly

join