It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Buffalo 57..and Atlanta 6, we are hiring in Florida...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: panoz77

Never did I mention anything about defunding the police.

I want police officers who abuse their power to be held accountable. The message that the Brevard County FOP gives is they support dirty cops.

Absolutely disgraceful to send this kind of message.

How are those cops dirty?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Liquesence

Unfortunately, it seems if one doesn't lick the boots of the Gestapo police it means one automatically wants to defund them and one is anti-Trump, because gestapo police=yay Trump, anti-police= nay Trump, so if one doesn't support the police in cracking heads and their overbroad "LAW & ORDER!" one is of the "bad guys."

Funny how ATS used to be anti-authority/government/overreach of authority.

But now it's ok. Because Trump.

Just what does defunding mean and what are the repercussions. People just say crap without understanding just what would happen. Its like the narrative to breakup the ATF, ya good luck in that and what will replace them?

Unarmed Social Warriors Workers.

I've never been so anxious to see how something will work out.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

"Not all cops are racist murdering bastards. In fact, I'd argue the great majority of cops are good folks like you and me."

I'm glad you don't support defunding, but what these democrat leaders are basically doing is like cutting your head off to get rid of a pimple, or burning down your house to kill a spider.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Gryphon66

"Not all cops are racist murdering bastards. In fact, I'd argue the great majority of cops are good folks like you and me."

I'm glad you don't support defunding, but what these democrat leaders are basically doing is like cutting your head off to get rid of a pimple, or burning down your house to kill a spider.

One of the great weaknesses of the Democratic Party is being subsumed by identity politics. Rather than holding to their platform dating from the 60s of Civil Rights, they've fractured their message by catering to every faction rather than holding to the overall message. If there is a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, Democrats will do it.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The guy walked into a police line that was dispersing a riot, and touched a cop.

The fact that he didn’t pull back a bloody stump shows almost suicidal restraint by the cop.

Were those cops hall monitors, checking students’ lockers?

Were they social workers, making sure everyone washes their hands after they potty?

If a cop Touched a protestor without permission, you’d reeeeEEEE to the sky— oh wait.; you are

The mayor of buffalo has a police chief maintain order, who orders his officers to clear a public space. And when they don’t yield right of way, they get charged with assault. For doing their damn jobs.

Tell you what, I’ll put on a helmet & bullet proof vest, and come at you with a shield and truncheon. You come at me with a cell phone. Go ahead, try it.

The guy invited the cops to a piñata party.

They pushed him out of the way. Did he think he had magic powers? Was he wearing a ghost shirt?

The dude failed his saving throw. Is it the cops’ fault he thinks he’s invisible and bullet-proof.?

See this is the problem.
Protestor thinks he has all the authority, and none of the responsibility.

Just link the mayor of Buffalo-istan, he thinks the cops bear all the responsibility but have no authority.

Checked his white privilege.

edit on 8-6-2020 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The police forces across America are about to be tamped down quite a bit, it looks like.

New Bill from Pelosi/Congress: www.cnbc.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I live in florida and can tell you that I have dealt with many corrupt cops here.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I am from Brevard County and can say the same.

Not surprised that people are defending the Buffalo cops on here though. This site has become a pro-Trump, pro-authoritarian(if Trump says so) echo chamber.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I've never been so anxious to see how something will work out.

Well since I'll be armed, I feel safe with this idea.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
They deleted the post but not before adding:

Minneapolis officers… we will not disband our agencies or give in… we are hiring in Florida. Lower taxes, no spineless leadership, conflicting orders or dumb mayors rambling on at press conferences… Plus… we got your back! #lawandorderFlorida #movetowhereyouare❤️ #☀️

Brevard County Fraternal Order of Police’s Facebook Posts Spark Outrage

While the F.O.P. is not part of the county, they are essentially a union of police officers. So far the uniformed officers are standing by the post. Bert Gamin, a lieutenant for Brevard Country Sheriff's Office was asked "Is this your idea of building confidence and trust within the community??”, he responded:

um. Yes. We need good LEO’s fleeing bad leadership, back stabbing and those who do the right thing.

Since the FOP is largely dependent on donations, I think this will hurt their revenue. Their words and actions send a clear message that they do not understand what the protests are about.

edit on 8-6-2020 by jrod because: Add screenshot

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This is really a dumb solution. Cutting funding to an under paid line of work is asinine.

While leadership issues need to addressed which should result with higher ups getting fired, a major issue is training.

Perhaps some federal guidelines that give a set of minimal requirements in order to be deputized need to be layed out.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
Their words and actions send a clear message that they do not understand what the protests are about.

Why do you say that? All this is more of the leadership issue than an issue at the cop working the beat level. That leadership failure starts at the Governor, to the mayor, to the police chief, and don't for get the unions. Leadership sets the tone and so there are some very good police forces around. If leadership wants to throw their own cops under the bus for what they created then maybe those police can find a new home where they are supported at all levels.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Interestingly enough ... most police unions support Republicans.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I disagree as they pump in 7 times the funds into democratic elections than Republicans. Maybe in some parts of the country but unions in general are not republican,.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I disagree as they pump in 7 times the funds into democratic elections than Republicans. Maybe in some parts of the country but unions in general are not republican,.

I said police unions support Republicans, particularly Trump.

I realize that Unions are still the big bad for most of the right.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I said police unions support Republicans, particularly Trump.

I realize that Unions are still the big bad for most of the right.

I'm saying that police unions pump in 7 times the funds into democratic elections than republican elections, but that can also be location driven.

I'm not a fan of unions...very expensive and really don't offer much anymore and in some cases the union member gets less than the nonunion member since they will have a contract that cannot be changed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join