It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaos at UK Black Lives Matter clashes men hurled BIKES at police horses

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777
Nothing like blaming someone else for your own behavior.
Lol
Seems the brits are the real sheep eh?
Lol

Follow away!

edit on 7/6/2020 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Apparently the Portuguese, in the 16th century, was the first to engage in the Atlantic slave trade 1526.

They completed the first transatlantic slave voyage to Brazil, and other Europeans soon followed.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Xtrozero

Apparently the Portuguese, in the 16th century, was the first to engage in the Atlantic slave trade 1526.

They completed the first transatlantic slave voyage to Brazil, and other Europeans soon followed.

Lol
You should research the barbary pirates
Lol
Selective history is a hoot

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Slavery has been around since the time we began to record history shooterbrody, and probably a hell of a lot longer before.

The thing with history is up until the information age we now live it tended to be the victors rather than the vanquished, or enslaved, that recorded said history.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I do not support the BLM protests due to the current virus situation , I don't support the thugs that take advantage of them either , the message is lost when the violence starts.

Very true... But its not only about BLM, cops in general have become more militarized and I think a big part is so many run solo and when you are all by yourself you are going to pull your gun faster, use a taser faster, over react etc. There was a study back in the 70s that suggested that cops going solo would be as efficient as paired cops, so many police forces went with that model as it was also cheaper.

50 years later I think the study was flawed...

The police have long stopped being your friend whether meeting them on the street or getting a ticket in a very aggressive program that seems to be more about funding than safety.

We also have this issue of never deescalating the situation. In Portland home of the weird, ANTIFA, far left, crazy homeless etc. the police actually do a really good job now. It wasn't that way about 7 years ago when they were killing people who were harmless but were not following their orders. They have learned through years of training now how to not ramp up the situation if not necessary, and more importantly how to quickly deescalate back down and so people in Portland have a pretty good relationship with the cops, including the homeless.

edit on 7-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Maybe the incident that sparked this wasnt planed but the reaction was. BLM in greece fire bombing a US embassy? Marches in Australia this whole thing seems like a staged global event just like the pandemic lockdown seemed like a stage global event.

Shadow players seem to be activating their operative cells in all the nations. This likely would have stayed a Minneapolis issue that the rest of the US would have reacted to but not to the extant of riots in several cities ...but the reaction that we are seeing seems artificially driven there definitely seems to be shadow players fanning the flames .
edit on 7-6-2020 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Those bastards!!

Its funny if we were going to point fingers at anyone it would be the Spanish...they pretty much wiped out 100 million indians with diseases and destroyed civilizations...

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Slavery has been around since the time we began to record history shooterbrody, and probably a hell of a lot longer before.

The thing with history is up until the information age we now live it tended to be the victors rather than the vanquished, or enslaved, that recorded said history.

That's why I said "the Americas"

By the order of volume of about 15 million slaves is the Portuguese, the British, the Spanish, the French, the Dutch Empires, and the Danish. Most actually went to south/central America.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
now this I do agree with:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Moment Black Lives Matter protesters tear down Bristol statue of 17th century slave trader Edward Colston, cover it in red paint and and throw it in the river

The statue, which had been in place since 1895, has been a subject of controversy in recent years. The most recent petition to remove it garnered more than 11,000 signatures. An estimated 10,000 protesters had gathered in Bristol today to march through the city. Avon and Somerset police have said that although the protests are a breach in lockdown regulations, they understand why people want to gather.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I know literally hundreds of people that you would describe as 'leftist'.
Not one of them is protesting let alone rioting.

These people protesting aren't 'leftists', they are just #ing knobheads.

They are being incited by known Class War activists - almost to a person all Middle-Class SJW's who have absolutely nothing in common with the working class people they allege to represent or the vast majority of black people in this country - and agent provocateur's.

And we have enough problems of our own.....trying to pin this on our colonial cousins is nonsense.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Over zealous? Have you ever seen what/who they have to deal with in London? Rival gangs armed with knives...Somalians Nigerians Ghanians all competing with home bred Londoners for turf?? Its a bloody nightmare and I think considering all things our police do a far far better job than many forces.

All this crap is simple band wagon jumping, virtue signalling and attention seeking. I doubt very much any one of them actually knows what it is they are "demanding" from these protests. Certain groups in this country have more protections, more positive action and more media influence than anyone else. We have more racism coming fromMuslims in the UK than from the majority of Caribbean blacks that have lived here for generations. In Birmingham the Sikhs don't like (i don't use the word hate) the Muslims & Hindus and the Hindus don't like either. You can't stop that kind of ingrained racism by legislation its as much cultural & historical racism as it is personal.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
imagine how different the world would have been 9if the colony remained in the UK and the crown settled in the Americas.

Ummm...I know...right...?

We could all be foppish Nancy boys then...

Cheerio...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
whats with the BLACK LIVES MATTER should it not say ALL LIVES MATTER sorry but thats how i feel its not just black its every one no matter what you are we should all count not just BLACK ........

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Maybe take it up with these guys that claim to not have an organization but acknowledge their world headquarters building contradicts that claim:

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'm not in any way shape or form excusing or trivialising institutionalised racism or police brutality but I've got to say that I've seen great progress in my lifetime and there is no way near as much racism in society in general or in our police force as there was say in the late 70's and 80's.

Racism must be stamped out and eliminated as best as possible from our society, zero tolerance.

But what we see today isn't about racism....it smells far more of entitlement and political correctness than it does real and actual racism here in the UK.

I'm not saying its some sort of racial utopia here in the UK, not by a long shot but this just doesn't cut it.

I know people are seriously pissed off with lockdown and some sort of blow back from austerity and the casual disdain with which politicians treat us has been inevitable but this just seems so contrived and, if I'm being honest, pointless.

I remember the Rock Against Racism movement.
Massive progress was made.

I remember the Notting Hill Riots. Toxteth, Handsworth, Brixton and numerous other riots during the 80's and 90's.
They were fuelled by anger, rage and injustice.
Hell, even the 2011 riots were to a certain extent.

I remember Liddle Towers, Blair Peach and Ian Tomlinson.
I have first hand experience of how the police treated people back in the day and I literally have the scars to prove it.
Its not perfect today and there are still instances of brutality and institutionalised racism but no-one can deny that massive in roads have been made.

But this, this will achieve nothing at all and serves no practical purpose as far as I can see.
And it just shows us as a poor imitiation of the USA.

If we want to continue the fight against racism and police oppression there are far better and effective means than these lame displays of petulence and faux anger.
edit on 7/6/20 by Freeborn because: typo's

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Jews were slave labor in ancient Egypt. Predates the Portugese and Arabs some 3500 years...
edit on 7-6-2020 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

What we can agree on is that these BLM protestors really act like black lives would not matter.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

Slavery predates history deckdel.

Point of fact, all the same, there is plenty of it going on in this day of age, and given the population of the Earth, far more than there ever was in the past.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

You say that but then all of the same symbols and arguments are made by your knobheads as are made by our leftists.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

But the vast majority of 'leftists' wouldn't dream of engaging in such stupid activities.

Surely you see that?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join