It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow...here's a cool trick!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   
The widow down the road told my wife a cool trick for making brownies yesterday. Now, it is possible that I am the very last person on planet Earth to have heard this trick, and everyone else knows it already, but I didn't so I thought I'd share...just in case anyone else lives under a similarly heavy rock out in the boonies...

Most brownie recipes call for some form of oil (butter, margarine, vegetable oil, or whatever) to be used. But you can substitute a banana for the oil! Not only to the brownies come out perfect, but they're also delicious as chocolate and banana go fabulously together. AND, they might even be healthy-er for ya! Certainly doesn't put brownies up the the "Health Food" category, but man do they come out great!

So there you have it! Brownies made with bananas rather than oil...who woulda' thunk it??

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Move over, it's gettin crowded under this rock! I've never heard of this trick, but I sure am going to try it!

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Thanks for the tip! Can't wait to try this.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
The widow down the road told my wife a cool trick for making brownies yesterday. Now, it is possible that I am the very last person on planet Earth to have heard this trick, and everyone else knows it already, but I didn't so I thought I'd share...just in case anyone else lives under a similarly heavy rock out in the boonies...

Most brownie recipes call for some form of oil (butter, margarine, vegetable oil, or whatever) to be used. But you can substitute a banana for the oil! Not only to the brownies come out perfect, but they're also delicious as chocolate and banana go fabulously together. AND, they might even be healthy-er for ya! Certainly doesn't put brownies up the the "Health Food" category, but man do they come out great!

So there you have it! Brownies made with bananas rather than oil...who woulda' thunk it??

Ummm...that is cool...

Now you’ve gone and done it...

Now I’m going to have to short my banana brandy Wort/wash by one banana...

Oh well...I’ll let you know how it...I mean they turn out...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Bananas are for stuffing in tailpipes and for grabbing quickly at 7/11 when you realized you forgot breakfast. Lol

Is this a flourless recipe or just add banana recipe? Where’s the recipe?

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Applesauce works too. Not just in brownies but a lot of things.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Seems to me this is more of a principle than a recipe: banana may be substituted for fat.
( perhaps a survey of Banana bread recipes would reveal? )
Healthy bananas ? Check out plantain - super popular all around the Caribbean.

ganjoa

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

You can just use any brownie recipe, even a box **gasp!**. Wherever it says add butter or oil substitute a banana.

1 med. banana = about a 1/4+ cup of oil, or equiv.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

I am a cook by profession and always like to glance the recipe to see the techniques used. Plantain seems like so much trouble. Baking, peeling, cooling. Their starch content is crazy high too. Have you tried that?

Im not an absolute hater on boxed brownies. I’ve heard tale of the banana brownie but just have never knowingly noshed on one.

I prefer banana pancakes so I would be down for the banana brownie.
edit on 7-6-2020 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I've heard that you can substitute applesauce for oil, but NEVER bananas 🍌🍌.
Cool idea!!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Pureed black beans work too.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
After letting the banana substitute swirl in my brain and with thoughts shooting to eliminate oils and to only use a natural substitute, I think I would actually lean to using avocado instead of banana.

But the idea of using fruits instead of oils for an already unhealthy treat is of course a good move for all the people chowing down on said product. 🤙

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Interesting!!!! I like that idea.
Even subbing out half the oil, and using mashed avocado for the rest.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Right? So as soon as you get the amounts and flavor profile sorted you could even use small amounts of both, chocolate is pretty forgiving. You could call it the chocolate potassium bomb. Avocados contains like 2/3 more potassium than a banana. Bananas get all potassium credit lol

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
D/P
edit on 7-6-2020 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You can also replace eggs, with blood.

You can, but not sure why anyone would...

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well, I didn't know that. I know applesauce is subbed for the oil, the wife and I have done that lots of times. I am kind of intolerant to bananas, but only when I eat them in the same day as tomatoes or potatoes or some root veggies. But cooking the banana does reduce the chemicals I am allergic to, it does not with the tomatoes and potatoes. I eat lots of potatoes too.

Now I cough by the time I get close to finishing a banana, but never have a problem with banana bread. The banana flavoring does the same thing to me sometimes but not others, I do not know why. It may be the way different companies process the bananas, or maybe some flavorings do not contain the banana at all.

Good thing to know, I will have to tell the wife about the banana in the brownies....but maybe she already knows this. She does way more baking of sweets than I do.

According to the intolerance, I cannot eat avacado, and I do not know if cooking the avacado neutralizes that intolerance, but I cannot eat avacado in the dip. I also stay away from avacado oils, maybe I do not need to but I actually dislike the taste of avacado anyway.
edit on 7-6-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I will share another chocolate enhancer: a tiny pinch of dry instant coffee grounds will bring chocolate anything up to a whole new level. I detest coffee but do this every time because...wowza!

will try nana. thx!

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
does it make the brownies too sweet?? I know people substitute appleasauce in place of oil......isn't that going to raise sugar levels?? with the black beans you are adding protein and a good dose of fiber so getting a treat and making it healthier.but .I know sometimes we just want a treat and enjoy it!! reply to: NewzNose

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

That’s why blood sausage is so delicious. It acts like a binding agent similar to an egg. About two years ago I was making small batches of Blood sausage for retail. That was good stuff

top topics

<<   2 >>

join