It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a problem with the George Floyd video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Aallanon
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Wow are you bitter

Really? I was chuckling when I wrote that.

In aallanon’s defence, although you wrote *chuckling...” etc at the end, does that mean you believe the opposite to this? Or something else? Would be very helpful if you could clarify. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

i maybe be mistaken, but i took it as being facetious. just as the post i responded to.

tip for me was,

If there were no police, then there would be no crime investigation shows for you to use to oppress me. Defund the police, now, obviously.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

hounddogwhistle had it right...I was being facetious...

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
My bad! As you were, chaps

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I just hate meth so much and consider anyone on it a violent threat at all times.

I've been on the streets in the ghettos, I know for a fact it turns everyone into # monsters.

So I guess that makes me suck that I don't care this guy died AT ALL?

Oh well.
Hate meth.
Worst epidemic our country EVER saw!!!

I agree with you on meth, Muzzle. Having grown up around people on it nearly my entire life, I can say you are 100% correct.

But I am confused.

I thought he was on fentanyl? That's to treat opioid addiction, which is basically heroin. Which has the complete opposite effects than meth. No reason to fear resistance on that stuff.
edit on 7-6-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

5 years in prison does not cure addictions. If anything it makes it worse. Not to mention in prison, inmates come up with all kinds of wild ways to smuggle drugs etc. My sister was in prison for many years in Cali for drug possession several times. She was a teenager when all that started. She's 45 now, and still addicted to heroin and takes the legal form "methadone" for treatment.

Not trying to sway opinions on this matter one way or another, but just thought I would point that out. Some addictions are very hard to treat. :/

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
3rd and final thought on this - (Sorry to spam this board)

What the cop did was wrong no matter what angle it's tried to be justified from. The problem I have with this, is that the cops KNEW they were being filmed WAY before he died. The people pleaded multiple times for Chauvin (sp?) to just let him up and put him in the car. If they had done this, like cops are supposed to be trained to do, then if he died later of drug related issues inducing a heart attack or whatever, none of this would be an issue. In this current political climate, WHY would he keep his knee on him so long AFTER he wasn't responsive? It looks to be on purpose. I'm sorry to say, but it seems like this was MEANT to cause what it has. It's impossible for anyone with a reasonable mind to understand the motive behind the cop's actions unless to deliberately cause rioting in the streets.

There are claims that he wasn't cuffed while laying on the ground, but the video in the OP CLEARLY shows that he was. I have NO verifiable evidence to believe this was motivated by RACE, however. Neither does anyone else. MY outrage at the police would be the same if it were ANY race, but sadly, it seems this nation only cares about brutality against blacks only. I do not support BLM OR ANTIFA. It's IMO that they are BOTH domestic terrorist groups, and the media et al, are as WELL by doing nothing but kissing their asses, like geee..... maybe pushing an agenda. Ya think??

Those are my thoughts on this.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

The cop that killed him was being a Jerk, none of those people looking on were going to tell him what to do.....could it be that by trying to tell him to stop, they made him worse? I have known quite a few people like that in my lifetime. The more people they upset, the more happy they are. Some Rioters are of the same mindset, the more anyone tries to stop them the more they destroy.

Think about that, I am sure you know some people like that.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

The cop that killed him was being a Jerk, none of those people looking on were going to tell him what to do.....could it be that by trying to tell him to stop, they made him worse? I have known quite a few people like that in my lifetime. The more people they upset, the more happy they are. Some Rioters are of the same mindset, the more anyone tries to stop them the more they destroy.

Think about that, I am sure you know some people like that.

Absolutely. The guy filming (or someone near him) in the 10 min video we all saw even said it looked like Chauvin was enjoying it. That's pride. But surely he knew it would be plastered all over social media? It killed a man. And he should be given a murder sentence. A police offer should be held to higher standards than regular citizens so his sentence should be WORSE than an average citizen. The other cops should be held just as accountable, as an example so that other potential bad cops understand that they are not invincible to act however they want, no matter how much pride they feel from their actions.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

They are now passing laws to govern the police that mandates another cop to stop overzealous activity by a cop. The rule of thumb is that one cop has the back of another cop and the senior cop cannot be challenged. Those rookies could do nothing the way it is right now, they would have lost their job for sure if they challenged that senior cop.

I have had cops as friends over the years, they put up with those kind of fellow officers all the time. Around here there are not that many cops that are like that, the vast majority of them are good....but they still give you a ticket if you do something wrong.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
rickymouse

They are now passing laws to govern the police that mandates another cop to stop overzealous activity by a cop.
a reply to:

That's really a good thing, much needed right now. Oversight of corruption by shady cops should be mandated by other cops, even if they are brand new to the force. It would do a LOT to break up the gang mentality a lot of cops have, especially in big cities.

Do you have a link to these new laws? Great, if true.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I saw it on the news, not on the net. I do not know the wording to find the new rules that states are adopting.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I thought he was on fentanyl?

he had both, here is a link for the autopsy report at bottom of page.

Autopsy report: George Floyd died from cardiopulmonary arrest, was positive for COVID-19

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

LOL. It's starts with police training & leadership. Passing so-called new laws for such situations will do nothing. Especially in ANY city where poverty/drugs/human trafficking runs rampant. Just like all the bs new laws every year on gun control. It's like putting a band-aid on a severed femoral artery. Politicians only have one solution for every & anything... new laws because they (local/state bureaucracy) refuse to admit the real societal problem(s). Ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
Typical fantasy land ATS ignoring the footage of George Floyd being beat up in the back of the police SUV before he was dragged out and murdered on the street.

There was no Floyd.

It's all a lie.

Entertainment TV at it's worst.

This is all mind control.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

It did look like he was enjoying killing him and there was no resisting arrest. This was an arrest for a non-violent crime.

They knew each other - they both worked at a place with for years.
Why wouldn't people suspect this might have been an intentional killing based on their relationship and not purely racial?

It doesn't necessarily make Floyd a bad person. Maybe Floyd knew the cop was corrupt and the cop didn't want Floyd ratting him out for a reduced sentence?

But I don't think we will ever know if this is true. The defense won't bring it up because then it would be murder 1 - and the State will want the media coverage.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join