It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a problem with the George Floyd video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Killeonidas
Thank you for outing yourself as a fascist it’s good to know where you stand. a reply to: spoonbender

Please explain
What exactly about my post
Makes me a fascist?

Is it that I stated facts
Facts that disagree with your emotions.

Facts don't care about your feelings.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: spoonbender

I'm wondering about the woman he held a gun to and robbed. He's clearly a rabid misogynist because he targeted a woman. Why must women live in fear of black men? Why was he allowed out of prison to roam the streets when he hates women and victimizes them? Where is the justice for women?

Women have to live in fear of black men because I saw this story in the news. I see news nearly every day about black men victimizing women in violent crimes...often it's white women. I almost never hear about white women victimizing black men in violent crimes...so they don't have to live with the kind of fear white women live with. White women commit the least amount of violent crimes. Sometimes white women react out of fear and call the cops on black men who are just minding their own business, but that's ok...they are justifiably afraid. I mean, women have historically been oppressed by men.

*tongue in cheek*

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Don't you know? You don't get to know what makes you a fascist. Anti-fascists get to decide. And you don't get to defend the accusation. The anti-fascists are very, very anti-police and their brilliant solution is to police the fascists and punish them without any due process whatsoever:

edit on 6/6/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

White women commit the least amount of violent crimes.

yea but on those investigating crime shows, most if all of the women that i've seen on them are, some scheming azz mean b_ _ _ _hes.
now it's true that many get others to do the deed for them, but some are straight up killers.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma

originally posted by: spoonbender
It was wrong what the cops did to him.
Supposedly he was high on Fentanyl & Meth.
Autopsy reports came back with it in his blood stream.

In the attached video you see him drop the bag of meth.
Apparently at some point he started to resist arrest.

He also had a long and colorful rap sheet.
again what happened was wrong.
but dood is No hero, and definitely shouldn't be martyred.

Don't get it twisted. People are protesting the LEs continued and disproportionate devaluing of lives for black and brown people. This is not about martyrdom or heroes. This is about changing policy that is corrupt and pervasive and runs from LEs, DAs, judges, all the way the system. Enough is enough. People just want parity in treatment from the officers and it starts from the top. Why is this so hard to understand?

Unfortunately & Statistically speaking
I believe the twist
is the other way around.

Your emotional strings
Are being pulled
For a narrative & agenda
Of not which you speak.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Drugs are a mental health topic, shouldn't be criminal. I mean the manufacturing and smuggling, but not the consumption.
In this case what he died for were 20$. No matter what he did before, you shouldn't be killed by your public servants over 20$.

I do agree that this is murder, but the attitude of some people is not very good, this guy would be alive today if he had not resisted arrest. The cop that murdered him needs to be put in prison, but this guy was not innocent.

He spent lots of times in jail for using hard drugs, and you do not get arrested for just being high, he must have done something to get the cops focused on him. He also went to prison for robbing a black women and they held a gun to the women's belly, she was pregnant. He got five years for that. Some people like that kind of life full of drugs and excitement, it is not an addiction issue, his addiction would have been over with the five years in prison. Not a nice person, but he did not deserve to be murdered either. He actually would probably not have got much of anything once he got rid of that bag of drugs if he would just have gone down to the station without incidence.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

White women commit the least amount of violent crimes.

yea but on those investigating crime shows, most if all of the women that i've seen on them are, some scheming azz mean b_ _ _ _hes.
now it's true that many get others to do the deed for them, but some are straight up killers.

Now, hold up. If I am not mistaken, you are a white guy. So, first, you're welcome for all the privilege of enjoying crime investigation shows in the deviling way that white men watch their TVs. Also, it's funny you call some of those women 'straight up killers.' It sounds to me like you are judging...which you have no right to do with your white man privilege. What you fail to understand is that women -- particularly white women -- are unfairly portrayed by a misogynistic media that seeks to destroy us with their systemic bias.

If there were no police, then there would be no crime investigation shows for you to use to oppress me.

Defund the police, now, obviously.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

The police cars have cameras so eventually we will get to see if there was a struggle. The way i see it even if there was a struggle he was already in the back seat why did they have to pull him out? They should have just shut the door and transported him to jail at that point.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Wow are you bitter
edit on 6-6-2020 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

you can't just let someone that is thrashing around in the back continue to do so. they may cause injury to themselves.

banging head against window, kicking window, thrusting shoulder into it.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I don't think anyone is saying he is a martyr. It was an unjust way to deal with a petty crime. and there wasn't any evidence to show that George Floyd was aware he had a counterfeit $20 bill, he may unknowingly have had that given to him from a previous transaction, its very possible. The way it was dealt with by cops was irresponsible and thug like. It makes no difference to me what skin color we are born with, this isn't about skin color its about the ethics of how society deals with individuals in a proper manner befitting the crime in this case. and this was wrong from every angle. reply to: spoonbender

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Hounddog hit the nail on the head.

At the agency I worked for, if a prisoner was violent inside the patrol car we would call the sheriff's office jail transport van to come pick them up.

Obviously, it is much easier and safer to secure a prisoner in a purpose built transport vehicle.

On a side note, I had a handcuffed domestic violence arrestee mule kick the closed door of my patrol car so hard it broke the latch and opened.

We had to take him out to put him into another car. Crazy times.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

Wow are you bitter

Really? I was chuckling when I wrote that.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Well we will find out one way or the other just how violent he was acting in the back seat. Cop cars have cameras and we will eventually see if is behavior was erratic enough for them to pull him back out.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: flipflop
I don't think anyone is saying he is a martyr. It was an unjust way to deal with a petty crime. and there wasn't any evidence to show that George Floyd was aware he had a counterfeit $20 bill, he may unknowingly have had that given to him from a previous transaction, its very possible. The way it was dealt with by cops was irresponsible and thug like. It makes no difference to me what skin color we are born with, this isn't about skin color its about the ethics of how society deals with individuals in a proper manner befitting the crime in this case. and this was wrong from every angle. reply to: spoonbender

GEORGE FLOYD LAST WORDS: He died a MARTYR

edit on 6/6/2020 by spoonbender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Think that was Eric Garner or something in NYC. Selling cigarettes without a tax stamp or something was the charge. I wish that is what people would riot about. The tax system. The gov is no less criminal than an actual mafia on this level.

Agreed, the tax department are just like the mafia, they do nothing but still collect a percentage of other people's income. The difference being the mafia did it under threat of violence, the tax department under the threat of jail.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: oddnutz

What? Are you stupid? It seems like you are.
Is driving drunk legal? Did I say driving under any influence should be legal?

What I said is if he'd gotten help for his problems he might be still alive.

Ummm...how do you help someone...that doesn’t believe they have a problem...?

How do you help someone...whose primary interest is the high they’re taking the illicit substances for...?

Do you...force...them...?

Anyone that has ever dealt with a drug addict or drunk...intimately knows that unless the individual actually seeks help...and chooses to be helped...then it’s a lose...lose situation...

So...how do you help them again...without force...which just might cause another situation like the one all this hubbub is about...?

YouSir

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Typical fantasy land ATS ignoring the footage of George Floyd being beat up in the back of the police SUV before he was dragged out and murdered on the street.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

All my life I was told and I was in belief refusing police is extremely bad idea, well you learn every day something new

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join