It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When your ATS sins hit you like a brick

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
So there is a certain mod here that I love because they are tough but most likely fair.

Anyway. Have you ever posted stuff you weren't sure whether it's going to get you a warning but then you do it and then again and then again and then again.

Then you start to think hey that mod must be on vacation, looks like I am good to go.

Then you see their name popup and the fear runs through your spine until your butt puckers.

Anyway, mod that shall not be named I love you!

And

Fear you!
edit on 5-6-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Nah, I say what I want and if my account is banned, I’ll just create another one.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Thou that shall not be named is a cool cat.

One that realizes with these BS times we are living in, we should be allowed to express ourselves, within T & C.

Especially, when we speak truths about our freedoms. There is no grey areas — thanks to our founding fathers.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Here's lookn at you, 91555...

edit on 5-6-2020 by BELIEVERpriest because: sorry...forgot the comma.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I often have to remind myself that the mods are generally not out to get us. They're just protecting the interests and reputation of the site (try to imagine what it would be like if there were no moderation at all. I don't see a good picture here.)

It's not personal, though it can be vexing sometimes, when our posts get removed.

edit on 5-6-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Nah, I say what I want and if my account is banned, I’ll just create another one.

Please do tell us what your old handles were?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I often have to remind myself that the mods are generally not out to get us. They're just protecting the interests and reputation of the site (try to imagine what it would be like if there were no moderation at all. I don't see a good picture here.)

It's not personal, though it can be vexing sometimes, when our posts get removed.

Lol of course you are correct. Allegedly there was a times that I may or may not have fully understood that.

ETA: Thank God for the Mud Pit!

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I've posted things I worried were going to get me spanked, but got applause.

I've only been disappointed with a mod action once, but I wouldn't say it was technically unfair.

I've managed to avoid butt puckers, that's one typo from an involuntary posting break.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Lmao!

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

First one still. Never had anything to say until I seen Trump supporters being demonized on my favorite site. So I joined up to own some lefties, but not gonna lie I’ve been owned a couple times as well.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
So there is a certain mod here that I love because they are tough but most likely fair.

Anyway. Have you ever posted stuff you weren't sure whether it's going to get you a warning but then you do it and then again and then again and then again.

Then you start to think hey that mod must be on vacation, looks like I am good to go.

Then you see their name popup and the fear runs through your spine until your butt puckers.

Anyway, mod that shall not be named I love you!

And

Fear you!

HAHA ok I used to be a Mod on here might request to be one again...

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
Here's lookn at you, 91555...

Blaine seems cool and that wasn't who I was talking about.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I use to be a mod on a small site and it sucks. You have no idea what it is like dealing with people to protect your site.

And I was also that person drunk posting # and didn't really blame them for deleting it after thinking about it.

Just try to stay with in T&C's , post what you feel or know , just don't be a repeat offender or outright bully and you should be fine.

If when in doubt, just run it by a mod. They are people to.

edit on 5-6-2020 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
yeah, being a mod can suck majorly a lot of times. but when I'd say it's kind of cool overall.

That being said I don't think I'd ever want to do it again, but I guess it depends on what kind of site it is.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
If only that little envelope still lit up...

Meh, I know it isn’t me because during my fifth year of being a mod there was a thread made wanting to know who I was because I didn’t even show up on the member list. Well except they kept adding a space on a copy/paste or auto fill in or something. That was great.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I've posted things I worried were going to get me spanked, but got applause.

I've only been disappointed with a mod action once, but I wouldn't say it was technically unfair.

I've managed to avoid butt puckers, that's one typo from an involuntary posting break.

I've posted things that have gotten applause from one Mod and taken down by another.

Usually when I post something I know is wrong it is about .7 seconds after I hit the "Reply" key when I realize that.

In my defense, I really don't have a brain/mouth filter... much less a brain/Message Sent filter.

But in retrospect, I don't feel that I've ever really been treated unfairly here by the Mods.

The one the OP was probably talking about used to give me an anxiety attack when I saw THAT name in my inbox.

That Mod turned out to be really cool on a personal level.

Also, you have to remember (paraphrasing another Mod here) it's not like they are trying to herd cats.

They are trying to juggle cats.

On crack.

And on fire.

So I have a certain empathy for them now.

After all, they have to deal with me on a daily basis...

edit on 5-6-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I posted a GIF that was really disgusting on accident .

I found that I fear my conscience and what the good people here think more than any mod.
edit on 5-6-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
If only that little envelope still lit up...

Meh, I know it isn’t me because during my fifth year of being a mod there was a thread made wanting to know who I was because I didn’t even show up on the member list. Well except they kept adding a space on a copy/paste or auto fill in or something. That was great.

So, why doesn't it light up anymore?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The mod I get the biggest kick out of is burdman. His posts are a hoot. He is like a lawless mod lol

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Also, you have to remember (paraphrasing another Mod here) it's not like they are trying to herd cats.

They are trying to juggle cats.

On crack.

And on fire.

Yep, I agree.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join