It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call Of Duty Black Lives Matter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
In a world filled with just liquid cow Shi* crazy news and events every day one would like to just get away from it all for a little and refocus. I am not much for the "news" and don't really care much for all the "group" events going on around the world and in Our Country. Today I went to play a game I play with my little brother who is an active service member still restricted on lockdown on base because of the Corona Virus (fiasco) and was greeted with the Black Lives Matter in a video game. I understand folks feel slighted maybe are getting screwed, maybe not all people in our world are getting it hard , or they are IDK. Why can't I even escape to a game and not get the "message" people of all colors and creeds play. The message claims racism is plaguing and ruining the COD online community all of a sudden.

My thing is, why does this have to spill into gaming? Yesterday my neighborhood right in front of my house was surrounded by 30 state cops in riot gear and some fully armed like I would've been when I was an active USMC 0311 during my 4 tours of combat in the middle east because of all the stuff, now cant even get into a game to play with my brother without having Crap Rammed down MY GOD DAMM THROAT.

I don't like this, I didn't purchase an 80$ plus dollar game (with all the add ons and everthing else I bought) to have foreign objects inserted into me by force.

Sorry if this is more like a rant but if this is going on in gaming (AKA fantasy land) we are effed

Bman out.
edit on 5-6-2020 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Suppose that the point of the game is to NOT kill any black people? Or? I am confused by the title in general. Maybe you kill police, steal their wallets and then send the money to George Soros?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

The point of the game is, well it is a shooter game you shoot who ever it is on the opposite team. It is a lot of fun when BS isn't involved. IDK that race is a real issue because the people I play with idk who or what they are.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I never thought about it before, but I am a black guy on there. I never changed it from its initial setting, did I inadvertant blackface?

I don't play much anyway, but I just no headset and lone wolf it most of the time these days so I dont have to hear dumb stuff. It negatively effects my gameplay, but betters my experience overall. Imo
edit on 6/5/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Yep, happened to me 2 days ago.

I'm not even a massive fan of the game but it's crossplay so I play it with my brother in law.

When I saw the protest had come to a video game I was pretty pissed off.

GTA5 did it yesterday too.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

GTA5 was the biggest irony.

There are missions where you are literally payed to go and shoot a load of black guys.

BLM...

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Yeah man I play the default online character as well and is a black person. The problem I have is that when you boot the game up you are greeted with the BLM statement from infinity ward on behalf of the COD community which pretty much says that their online community is hurting and they cant have the community or anyone can with all the rasicism they claim that their is going to be stricter bans on people and what you can and cant do in "fantasy land" might make your purchase worthless cause they wont let you play it. That is if you read further after the BLM statement if you hit R2 on PS4 to read more.

Leave the BS out of gaming.... If I grab a comic book and find 2 pages of bull snip added in the middle about crap I am not buying anymore... This keeps on I am not buying their products anymore... If I buy a bottle of shampoo and it has BS on it I am not buying it anymore.

I worked through the corona virus while everyone around me collects, I am trying to get married soon and cant because court house is shut down, cant mow my effing yard without 30 staties in riot gear and armed like they are going after the Muj. Can't play a game with my brother without having it rammed down my throat.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Hey ,now I don't feel too bad anymore, I am not alone in feeling the way I do about this. Thank you!

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

I have the full game and use operators of all colours.

I wouldn't worry too much about cultural appropriation. It's nonsense invented by racist fools.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I agree, then again its rammed down our throat. I am TetsuoShima207 on all platforms, I use a Japanese name with a black character most of the time or an Asian woman sometimes. It bothers me it comes here.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Soros injecting $45 million into Activision/Blizzard was the tip of the iceberg I betcha

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
So they want to tell gamers what to think

The online gamming community is filled with max level trolls absolute pros at the art whos win/loss ratio depends on there trolling skill ...

And they think this will go over well ... hahahahaha

Glad i don't play that game

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian
It’s strange it’s one way for my young brother a soldier to do something with his older brother a former marine and jammed down the throat. When I get good enough and publish my comic I’ll be clear when I say I don’t care who you are and thank you for checking me out. I really don’t get it I almost thought vortex would be here n chime in along with other gamers on ATS.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Same here. I was playing Pac Man online and they changed him to black. Could not see what the hell I was doing.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

I never thought about it before, but I am a black guy on there. I never changed it from its initial setting, did I inadvertant blackface?

I don't play much anyway, but I just no headset and lone wolf it most of the time these days so I dont have to hear dumb stuff. It negatively effects my gameplay, but betters my experience overall. Imo

Now I feel bad about my fat, giant lipped, axe wielding, pink haired, black skinned, pyromancer named Gumbles I made on dark souls as my online invasion character. I gotta admit, it does seem to make other players stop and do a double take when I show up and start #ing them up with fireballs and stuff, but that game doesn't have any kind of chat so I dunno, I don't really care.
edit on 5/6/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

CoD online has, by far, the most toxic and racist people I've ever encountered in any online community. Play for an hour and you're bound to hear someone saying N***er.

I doubt a message is going to stop people but it makes sense COD is doing something. Its community is filled with the likes of 4 channers. Teenagers who can't help but scream the worst word they can think of, which is often the N bomb.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

COD is the 4chan of gaming communities. Meaning, a plea to reduce racism might just end up with kids spamming more N bombs.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Pretty sure they only have the message up because a DDOS took down the whole service two nights ago.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

BMan, you gotta realize something bro... you are more than good right now.
Your comic art kills 90% of the current comic art scene.
Stop sitting on your hands brother and get after it now.
Post a portfolio on here and people will be straight with you.
Show them the stuff you showed me.

I bet you’ll catch a lot of crap for NOT having it got already.

#2020yearofBman.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

My thing is, why does this have to spill into gaming?

because the owners want it to.
It's their property.

If you don't like it then you are free to not play it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join