It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court: Idaho Must Let Trans People Change Their Birth Certificates

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It would seem there are those in society who dispute biology and common sense. Apparently, Candy Dale, a federal Magistrate Judge in Idaho, doesn't believe genitalia is an indicator of a person's biological sex.

In 2018, Judge Dale ruled that a previous policy in Idaho that prevented trans people to change their birth certificates was "unconstitutional."

Idaho has let transgender people change their birth certificates since 2018, when federal Magistrate Judge Candy Dale ruled the previous policy categorically disallowing such changes was unconstitutional.

tinyurl.com...

From 2018:

A U.S. District Court judge ordered Idaho state officials to allow transgender people born in Idaho to apply to correct the gender markers on their State of Idaho birth certificates by April 6, 2018. Lambda Legal filed a federal lawsuit last April challenging Idaho’s categorical ban on such corrections.

“The Court understood that the state’s ban against transgender people correcting their birth certificates was archaic, unjust, and discriminatory,” Lambda Legal Senior Attorney Renn said. “It only makes sense. Essential identity documents should accurately reflect who you are, and the court recognized that the government cannot rob transgender people of this basic tool to navigate through life.

Lambda Legal filed the lawsuit last spring in the U.S. District Court for the District of Idaho on behalf of two transgender women,
www.lambdalegal.org...

This year, Idaho lawmakers passed House Bill 509, which is referred to as the Idaho Vital Statistics Act. A passage in the bill states the following:

Judge Dale warned Idaho state officials that its permanent injunction issued in 2018 continues to apply and bars them from categorically preventing transgender people born in Idaho from correcting the gender markers on their birth certificates to match their gender identity.

The plain terms and clear objective of the Injunction permanently prohibit IDHW from implementing or enforcing any policy, rule, or the like that automatically rejects applications from transgender people to change the sex listed on their birth certificates.”

Although HB 509 takes effect on July 1, 2020, the court also clarified that “[t]he Injunction is permanent and applies now and on July 1, 2020.”

www.lambdalegal.org...

Lamba Lega’s Peter Renn, one of the lawyers representing the plaintiffs, hailed the ruling. “Like obeying speed limits and paying your taxes, Idaho state officials are not exempt from the duty to follow a court order,” he said. “Here, the court’s 2018 order plainly instructed state officials not to block transgender people from accessing accurate identity documents. The court has now confirmed that what was discriminatory in 2018 remains discriminatory today.”

tinyurl.com...

How is passing a Bill based on scientific fact discriminatory?

If trans people are allowed to change their birth certificates, based on what sex they identify with, what prevents someone, identifying as a minority, apply for a job as an affirmative action candidate? Back in 2015 that very issue made headlines.

IMO, this will just open up a big can of worms, much like it did back in 2015.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
"If trans people are allowed to change their birth certificates, based on what sex they identify with, what prevents someone, identifying as a minority, apply for a job as an affirmative action candidate? Back in 2015 that very issue made headlines."

absolutely nothing prevents that if this is to be the law. I also foresee alot of bioogical women being raped and beaten while in prison by biological males that claim they are women in order to get into a female prison.

HONK! HONK!

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It will get to a point where the Olympic Games will become a byline of history, a new games will become a reality. Birth gender identity games
Countries will be banned if their competitors don’t do a DNA test, not unlike a drug test. Many countries won’t be invited, many athletes will not be welcome and sensible people will agree

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

X, Y chromosome's don't care how people feel.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Women sports will not exist anyways ...
Or at least for real women.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
So, all evidence can be changed to protect the deceiver. With the way things are today, say a guy meets a nice girl and then they fall in love and he never figures out that the reason they cannot have kids is because the girl that deceived him is actually a guy. Some of those transvestites look real, I do not know if you can tell once you get to know them, I am glad I am old and do not have to worry about that kind of embarrassment.

There are a lot of people falling for the great deceivers practices. Hey, if a girl is a lesbian, she is different, she is not deceiving anyone. If a guy is gay and is open about it, I have no problem, as long as he does not try to trick me I will be a friend. But unless a Transvestite lets a person know right away of his/her status, I do not think that is right. If they want to change their sex, that is their right I suppose as long as they do not deceive others without informing them of their status. Does a girl have to start asking every guy she dates if he is actually a he before setting up a date?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Biological Facts Be Damned I See.

The lunatics are running the asylum.

The Science is settled and has been for 6,000 years of human recorded history. There are biological males, biological females, and rarely genetic anomalies.

edit on 5-6-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I think I am starting to catch on in my old age. Why even have a sex identifier on a drivers license? Just eliminate it, because what does it really accomplish? Why have we let government have so much power and information.

In fact, why do we even have to have a drivers license, a marriage license, a whatever license? I am serious. Think about it.

Why is it that we allow the government to say things like "Driving is a privilege." Why is it a privilege? My #ing taxes paid for the god damn road. In today's world, driving is a necessity unless you plan on only working or shopping places that are within a bike ride of your home.

Why do we need the state to approve our marriage? Are we not capable of taking vows, saying we are married, and acting accordingly without government creating a license?

At least half of this ridiculous gender crap goes away if you just take government out of the mix and out of stuff where they really don't belong in the first place.

edit on 5-6-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So far a resounding ''Hell no'' from the fans of transgenderism.

Well come on you old conservative prudes. Wake the hell up. 6000? years of recorded history? Who's keeping those records anyway. This is not 4000 BC or even 1950 AD. This is 2020 Ad and all of those years prior to this date had almost none of the technology to make these changes, though at one point I guess a guy could cut off his ho hum and at least get part of the way. For that matter didn't eunuchs do that and change their sex, in a way.

This is now possible and there are people who want to do it. So who are we as individuals to question the desires of other individuals.

I, for the life of me have no reference within myself as to how important this change is for some people. Just as within myself I have no reference as to why so many people would vote for a con man like Trump, well other than that they have been conned.

Yeah yeah, I know, I had to bring Trump into this. But if you haven't noticed, Trump is in EVERYTHING already, and that is just the way he likes it.

But you know what? All of that I just posted was just blather. But what's the big deal huh? We are facing a future that is beyond what almost all of us have been prepared for anyway so what's the big deal. Is keeping these few people from appropriate birth certificates gonna save your established notion of how the world should be? I think not, that is other than in your own minds.

Hell, President Donald Trump upset my preconceived notions of how the world should be and as I mentioned above, he is EVERYWHERE while this little court ruling is in a small state of Idaho. Idaho also being a staunchly conservative mecca don't cha know.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
And the continued acquiescence to mental illness continues.

Like the insanity of the last 90 days wasn't enough.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

MY mind reels from reading your post Mr.Rinder. But yep, I get your point. You point is anarchy I guess. You're not suggesting that something as small as a person changing their birth certificate is akin to anarchy are you? Or maybe just a small step on the road to it. Oh, by the way, what if the government requires a drivers license to drive on the road to anarchy?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I apologise if I didn't do a good enough job making my point.

I am definitely not a proponent of anarchy.

My point is that we have handed the government too much control and allowed them to create far too much beuracracy and this in turn creates more problems.

Why is it necessary to tag a driver's license or ID with the person's sex in a world where a person can appear the opposite sex just by the clothing they chose to wear?

For instance, if you are in an accident or caught speeding or even using a license as ID to cash a check, does it matter what sex you are?

Can you think of one instance where having sex listed on a driver's license facilitates anything?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Our World gets stranger and stranger some days its hardly recognizable anymore. Has it become a trans world while we were sleeping. I'm really getting fed up identifying as the big toe of the green tree frog, makes for good reading on my license though.. a reply to: shawmanfromny

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Yeah, you carried it all the way to the end. However, your original point of why do we even need that designation on our DLs or for that matter anywhere any more. Yeah, why?

But to be fair, it's not that we handed government that authority, it was just assumed. But I now have to wonder, as if I don't have enough to wonder about already, why has that sexual designation EVER been necessary.

I'm glad you brought that up this morning Mr. Rinder. Had you brought that up last night I would have been awake all night with my mind churning away, why why why why why zzzzzzzzzzzzz....splurt dribble, why why whyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hell, if one can change their sex on a birth certificate, I'm going to change my age. I'll knock 50 years off mine and become 19 again...

Just hope I'm not drafted, again...

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Whats the real issue here? If bob wants to become bob....boblia how does that affect you?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
Whats the real issue here? If bob wants to become bob....boblia how does that affect you?

It only affects me if the government penalizes me when I call Boblia "Bob" or when I chose to tell him he is a man when in FACT he is a man. Let's hope we never get to that point where we are penalizing people for stating facts.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

It's coming. Trying to figure out if it's to get a better chance of getting laid or utter stupidity.

Man, 69, applies to legally change age because he ‘identifies as 20 years younger’

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

MY mind reels from reading your post Mr.Rinder. But yep, I get your point. You point is anarchy I guess. You're not suggesting that something as small as a person changing their birth certificate is akin to anarchy are you? Or maybe just a small step on the road to it. Oh, by the way, what if the government requires a drivers license to drive on the road to anarchy?

Well I hope I don't cost you some sleep

So in my stupidity i missed the point that this is about birth certificates. So to that point, why do we even need birth certificates? Were humans not born before the government started "certifying" it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join