It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who really was George Floyd

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
a reply to: 727Sky
Which makes it ok to murder him on the street. Uh-huh.

Exactly zero people said that. Reread the OP.
edit on 6 5 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody
Supposedly? He was training the 3 officers..training...to murder?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Which makes it ok to murder him on the street. Uh-huh.
Exactly zero people said that. Reread the OP.

At least one of the Right's chief apologists did just a little further down. And it's all over ATS. Don't get silly.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: LSU2018
So floyd was innocent.
We are innocent until proven guilty in this nation.
The cop stole floyds day in court.

I'm not disagreeing with that. But Floyd was also sick, among other things. It wasn't right, but the question is, was the death intentional? That's the main driving force in this case.

Lol
Really?
That is quite different than saying floyd was not innocent.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Supposedly? He was training the 3 officers..training...to murder?

What are you on about?
The cop murdered floyd imo.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I thought the charge they were going for was 2nd degree murder. From what I understand, you have to have intent to kill, but not premeditated.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I think it was murder and the authorities have charged the Police with second-degree murder, so there is that.

To be honest, i don't think there is any real dispute as to it being murder, but possibly to the degree of such, which remains to be established and proven.

That's why the information coming out is important. Intent has to be proven for that charge to stick.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

How would ATS make someone a martyr? Maybe the term is something different in your country.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

It's about Chauvin and whether he intended to kill Floyd or not. Floyd wasn't an innocent guy, but we all agree he didn't deserve to die.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

No one said it was OK to murder him.

Maybe that it isn't OK to martyr a guy who may not have been the picture of social responsibility.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Why the big fuss now all of a sudden?
Why not for other police brutality?

Surely it couldn't be because someone with a high knowledge of social psychology planted this in the news over and over in such a way as to get their desired of effect of social unrest on a large scale?
Well, semi-large scale.

To be honest, like most of life on Earth, this whole scenario is an illusion in regards to the scale of it.
The media is just pimping the images of as many protesters/rioters/ bad cops hitting poor rioters as much as they can.

The reality is most places are normal to calm.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

How would ATS make someone a martyr? Maybe the term is something different in your country.

Oh dear, you really don't get it. Let me help.

If you describe a person or their behaviour as martyred, you mean that they often exaggerate their suffering in order to gain sympathy or praise

www.collinsdictionary.com...

Now go and read the comments from Right Wing ATS members about Nick Sandmann and the drum incident.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

It is 2nd degree murder. Chauvin is charged under 690.19, subd 2(1). Unintentional murder.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I have been hearing oddities about the club that he and the police officer worked together at. The owner also owned the "la raza" radio station that and had close ties to some big wig in the Obama admin. Also the radio station was apparently burned down during the rioting.

For those of you who do not know what La Raza is, it is a Mexican group that calls for the states formally occupied by Mexico and lost during the Mexican war with the United States be returned back to Mexico.

La Raza in Spanish is "The Race". Which in Mexican terms is sort of a nationalist thing which is a HORRIBLE thing for any American to consider, but a WONDERFUL thing for a Mexican to consider.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

All life matters to one degree or another.

I thought the meme adequately illustrates the conundrum for some.

Police murdering people in public whos guilt or innocence has yet to be established, now that's whats dumb, nevermind evil ta boot.
edit on 5-6-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

I think you're missing the point of the OP. Yes, he died as a result of Chauvin keeping him pinned down. But he also had coronavirus on top of respiratory issues and drugs in his body that only make those issues worse. A healthy man being pinned down like Floyd was would probably still be alive. And yes, it was wrong that his knee was on his neck.
Perfect storm scenario?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I have a problem, a knee in the neck to restrain someone, must use force
Forced was applied, enough to hold a person down and that’s enough to kill them

If a trained person holds someone down on the ground, on the neck and doesn’t consider killing them, they deserve to be charged with 1st degree murder

It’s like nazis using the excuse “l was following orders”, It doesn’t wash
When people in the street say over and over “you are killing him” and it does, it doesn’t wash

Murder

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

That's what I figured. Over here, a martyr is a person who is killed because of their religious or other beliefs.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Thanks. When I looked up 2nd Degree Murder, it said killing with intention, but not premeditated. I've never researched that much on murder so I wasn't sure.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

All life matters to one degree or another.

I thought the meme adequately illustrates the conundrum for some.

Police murdering people in public whos guilt or innocence has yet to be established, now that's whats dumb, nevermind evil ta boot.

Even in that sense, more whites are killed by police than blacks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join