It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who really was George Floyd

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Stole more than his day in court.

He took away the rest of the man's existence, chocked the life out of him, and watched it ebb away.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Arnie123
Troll someone else tool.

Shush...grown ups are talking...eat your peas.
Then act like one, Deny Ignorance

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I think you're missing the point of the OP. Yes, he died as a result of Chauvin keeping him pinned down. But he also had coronavirus on top of respiratory issues and drugs in his body that only make those issues worse. A healthy man being pinned down like Floyd was would probably still be alive. And yes, it was wrong that his knee was on his neck.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

The fact is it was murder, what's left to play out?

I don't condone the senseless violence, but for some people, it seems enough is enough, most of the protests across your nation are somewhat peaceable or so I'm lead to believe.

Thing is when peaceful protest yield little to no result some disgruntled muppets are apt to take the level of craziness to the next level, hence the riots and looting i imagine.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

No they didn't. Twitter exploded with celebrities saying he had a very punchable face and the media asking him if he felt ashamed for wearing a MAGA hat and asked him if he wanted to apologize to the indian. Plus I've never known a martyr who was still living.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
So floyd was innocent.
We are innocent until proven guilty in this nation.
The cop stole floyds day in court.

I'm not disagreeing with that. But Floyd was also sick, among other things. It wasn't right, but the question is, was the death intentional? That's the main driving force in this case.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

at the end of the day, this fact remains and is not in dispute. If the officer's knee was never applied to Floyd's neck, Floyd would likely be alive today, or at lease alive after that arrest. The knee, along with other factors, caused his death.

But none of that changes the facts the OP has listed. And I didn't see the OP, or anyone else claiming Floyd's death was acceptable. Which was my point. The person I was replying to enjoys putting words and ideas on folks that aren't real.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Troll someone else tool.

Shush...grown ups are talking...eat your peas.
Then act like one, Deny Ignorance

originally posted by: xuenchen

a reply to: 727Sky
Which makes it ok to murder him on the street. Uh-huh.
Some people say he brought it on himself !!! 💥

Maybe two bad people were taken off the street that day ? 😈

Nope, nobody here tossing out excuses for the murder.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
I'm not disagreeing with that. But Floyd was also sick, among other things. It wasn't right, but the question is, was the death intentional? That's the main driving force in this case.

It seems there is a large bit of information that we aren't getting with regard to the cop and Floyd's relationship prior to this event. The results of which might change the narrative dramatically. As with most things, we will need more data. And opinions will likely change over time.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

a reply to: 727Sky
Which makes it ok to murder him on the street. Uh-huh.

Some people say he brought it on himself !!! 💥

yes it's his fault that guy slowly killed him while looking on as if he's just gonna get a slap on the wrist!

tell the people who say he got murdered by his doing to look at the streets and the society in America.

memes aren't gonna cut it to distract us from reality this time.

Rome is burning, the president went to inspect his bunker at 11pm for about an hour.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I think you're missing the point of the OP. Yes, he died as a result of Chauvin keeping him pinned down. But he also had coronavirus on top of respiratory issues and drugs in his body that only make those issues worse. A healthy man being pinned down like Floyd was would probably still be alive. And yes, it was wrong that his knee was on his neck.

I am sorry LSU but that’s just dumb
The knee on the neck for that long would kill anybody and to suggest otherwise is insane

Just spend one minute thinking on a knee to the neck for 8 minutes, lie to yourself but nobody is that stupid

Irrespective if the cop killed that man deservedly or not, the cop killed that man deliberately

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Was it murder? Murder is intentional. That's why this information is so important. If Floyd was sick and had respiratory issues then his death might not be ruled intentional and then a murder charge won't stick.

As for the protests, they annoy more than they get results. But the looting and rioting kills the message of the protests because the protesters are seen as the looters and rioters.

What the black community should be protesting is the culture in the poor black communities that trickles down on the rest of the black community. I've never met a young or a poor white kid that wasn't profiled by police in the same manner as the young and poor black kids are. They need to protest their mentality in order to see results.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
So floyd was innocent.
We are innocent until proven guilty in this nation.
The cop stole floyds day in court.

It’s really not, because he’s charged with unintentional murder.

Would Floyd have still died if he hadn’t had heath issues and intoxicants in his system? Dunno, maybe. Maybe not. Would he still be alive if his killer hadn’t kept a knee on his neck for almost ten minutes? Dunno, but it seems pretty likely he wouldn’t have died then and there.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I think it was murder and the authorities have charged the Police with second-degree murder, so there is that.

To be honest, i don't think there is any real dispute as to it being murder, but possibly to the degree of such, which remains to be established and proven.

edit on 5-6-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

My bad. We'll have to see the intent plays out. I'm starting to think it wasn't intentional.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

No they didn't.

Laughable comment.

You obviously didn't read the posts by Right Wing Members on ATS did you?

Check them out and then come back with that same comment.

Plus I've never known a martyr who was still living.

You have not been educated well enough then. Never heard of " Martyr Complex " Look it up.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Yeah but who can prove how much pressure was on his neck? Floyd was weak and had prior breathing issues.

Remember, this stuff will come up and will have to be proven. If there's no bruising on the neck then with the jury be able to convict Chauvin for murder?

And to be clear, I'm not excusing Chauvin's actions at all. Lawyers are going to be asking questions like that so I'm putting it out there.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That meme is dumb.

If someone says "save the rainforest" it would be like someone saying "lives matter".

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Rome is burning, the president went to inspect his bunker at 11pm for about an hour. 

Only a quick look though, you know an inspection to make sure it was in good secure condition oh and to make sure there was a copy of the bible.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join